alliantgroup, LP

Updated August 21, 2014
Updated August 21, 2014

2.8

Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • Free Food for your stomach while feeding your Ego (temporarily) (in 13 reviews)

• I have always been rewarded for all the hard work I put into the company (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance (in 13 reviews)

• tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

Love waking up and going to work, amazing work environment, great job growth opportunities.

Current Employee - Senior Energy Modeler  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Energy Modeler in Houston, TX

Pros

What i love about alliantgroup is that it can enhance your talents and take them to the next level. My background is in architecture with a focus in sustainability. Working in different architecture firms, I wasn't able to use my talents to the fullest capacity. Once I began working in alliantgroup I saw immediate results finding tax deductions for several clients all over the country who work on energy efficient buildings. Now I am helping our economy, the environment, and architecture as we know it. In my eyes alliantgroup has been a blessing to myself, my passion, and my future.

Cons

I honestly cannot say one bad thing about this company, it is the best job I have ever had in my career.

I have very minimal advice. Since I believe we have a great upper management, but I think if we focus a bit more on setting clear expectations, coaching individuals to improve their performance as well as their professional development, and prepare for the unexpected I think it will be a great way to manage the company.

BE RECOGNIZED FOR YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS...

Current Employee - Associate Director  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

Pros

The high performers are rewarded in many different ways. If you are hard working and intelligent, you will excel at alliantgroup and there is plenty of opportunity to move into a leadership position at the firm.

Your co-workers are great. They are always willing to help and be a sounding board for ideas. Not to mention a great support system including a mentorship program, extensive training, and management's door is always open.

Also, it feel great to help small and mid-size businesses in the United States.

Cons

It is a little cramped since there are so many people and not enough space in the current offices. Good news is that we are moving to a new building at the end of the year with plenty of space.

Also, the environment is very fast paced. So, this is not for everyone.

Continue to reward your talent.

Take Control of Your Career

Current Employee - Senior Associate, Tax Controversy Services  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate, Tax Controversy Services in Houston, TX

Pros

alliantgroup is a company that offers unlimited opportunities for growth and development. It is not uncommon to start in one position, and a year later, be in a completely different department. They try to cultivate the attributes of each employee and put them in a position to succeed and add value to the firm. There are also a lot of perks at the company such as frequent happy hours, bonus incentives, dinners with management, and for the elite performers...all expenses paid trips around the country! But the best pro at alliantgroup are the people. When I started, I said that I was not there to make friends, but to make money. Well at alliantgroup, the two go hand and hand!!

Cons

Some people elevate into management too fast. An employee may be great at managing him/herself, but not as effective managing a team of their peers. However, I will say that the management experience you get on a daily basis is like nothing else you will experience.

Continue to hire ambitious and driven people who take initiative. However, understand that everyone will not enjoy tax. For many employees this is their first "real" job. So extra attention and mentorship needs to be in place to help them maximize their potential.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Opportunities are Endless

Pros

I have been working at the company for more than a year and a half and love each and every day. The sky is the limit with the opportunities and they will greatly reward those who put in the work! Each day provides you with new opportunities to learn about companies from all around the country and new innovative products and ideas that people are developing.

It is also very rewarding to work for a company who is helping put money back in the hands of small to medium sized businesses. Our clients are so appreciative of the tax incentives we identify and it is amazing to hear the stories about jobs being saved by the work that we are doing.

Cons

The hours during tax season can be long but the hard work is definitely rewarded and the days typically fly by.

Amazing Opportunities Available, Take Them

Current Employee - Senior Associate
    Current Employee - Senior Associate

Pros

The biggest of the many great things about alliantgroup is the ability to grow and develop professionally with a young and growing company. alliantgroup is growing at a tremendous rate and therefore opening up many positions in management and other key roles in the company. Along with this, the company opens these opportunities to those that earn them with hard work. They really do operate as a meritocracy. In the short time I have been here, I have gone from an entry level position into managing my own team. I get the opportunity to work with all types of different companies doing cutting edge work on a day to day basis which definitely keeps it interesting. Additionally, the rewards that have come with this advancement have been amazing.

I love to travel and have pretty much traversed the entire United States in my time here. The bonuses and raises definitely keep the compensation ahead of other companies out there. The office environment is great and the people here definitely keep it lively.

Cons

The fast paced environment and transparent culture are not for everyone. Management and your peers are always pushing for everyone to keep growing and advancing with the Company. If you are looking to check in and check out and fly under the radar, this might not be the place for you. However, if you are looking to work hard and be noticed and rewarded for it, this is the place for you.

Working at alliantgroup is challenging, fast-paced, and very rewarding.

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

Pros

Some of the very best things about working at alliantgroup include the team-centered environment and opportunities for quick upward mobility. There are a large number of people willing to invest serious time in developing new talent, and the commitment to hiring individuals that have a wide range of educational backgrounds, work experience, and skillsets produces a dynamic working environment. The opportunity to closely consult with and provide significant tax savings to clients in a wide variety of industries is genuinely gratifying. The bottom line is that is a place where hard work and dedication are not only widely recognized, but will put you on a fast-track with your career that is unmatched.

Cons

The time commitment is considerable during tax season. However, the team-centered approach to tackling projects, along with alliantgroup's dedication to incentivizing and rewarding its employees, results in a time commitment that pays off in dividends.

Continue to invest time in developing your employees and never lose sight of the"Work Hard, Play Hard" mentality that lies at the core of the firm's identity.

A place to grow and develop

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

Pros

- Great Culture and Environment.
    - Company sponsored dinners, movies, and happy hours.
    - Management encourages growing and taking your career in your own hands
    - Trainings
    - Management, mentors, and your peers.
    - Challenging (yet extremely rewarding) work.

Cons

-It is a demanding environment but the negative reviews are a bit misleading. alliantgroup encourages and rewards those who are self-motivated and have a desire to thrive. This is not a 9-5 job and they are very open about that. New graduates who expect to have everything handed to them without working sometimes face a bit of a culture shock. This isn't a place for someone who merely wants to collect a paycheck and go home. If you demonstrate your eagerness to learn and development the sky is the limit. Anybody who wants to be successful in their career should expect these same demands from any job.

Better system in place to differentiate who is there to merely collect a paycheck vs. those developing their career.

alliantgroup is like no other company!

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

Pros

Within two years of being at alliantgroup, I have grown leaps and bounds, both professionally and personally. I never thought a company like this existed - the opportunities are endless and professional growth is not stunted by age or experience. They give you every chance to make your career be what you want it to be. I constantly am being told "be greedy with your career." Upper management is truly motivated by their employees' successes and rewards like no other, something that is not seen elsewhere.

I have a direct impact on our economy by strengthening American businesses and creating jobs here in the United States. Not only is money back in our client's hands alliantgroup's end product, but day in, day out, I get to establish relationships with companies that are the heart and soul of our country and economy. I get complete satisfaction from providing this service to our clients who in turn get to reinvest that money back into their companies to keep the doors open and create more job openings.

Cons

Absolutely zero. You work hard but you get rewarded and play even harder.

Far Better Than Any Employer I Have Had

Current Employee - Senior Associate, Tax Controversy Services  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate, Tax Controversy Services in Houston, TX

Pros

This is a company who cares about your development. At other firms I have worked for, it has been difficult to get mentoring or Continuing Legal Education credits. That is not the case at alliantgroup. They offer plenty of in-house training, much of which counts for CLE hours. Additionally, you are assigned to a mentoring member of the team, whether it is a Senior Associate, Associate Director or Managing Director.

Management rewards its employees. This is not a company who grinds you into the ground in order to increase their bottom line without rewarding you for your efforts. The rewards I have received have included monetary bonuses, gift cards, dinners and expense-paid trips. Additionally, management schedules outings for employees at Studio Movie Grill for expense-paid advanced screenings of some of the highly anticipated movies. It is truly a work-hard, play-hard kind of experience.

Cons

We are growing fast. We have a new building in progress, and there are very minimal growing pains right now.

Truly the most challenging and rewarding experience of my career!!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Boundless opportunities for growth, interesting work, and AMAZING people!! Management will set high expectations and those who exceed these will be HANDSOMELY REWARDED!!!!

Senior Management truly cares about all employees and encourages EVERYONE to take advantage of their open door policy. They are open to all different kinds of ideas and put a ton of emphasis on your professional growth. Senior Leadership rewards High Performers with amazing trips, gift cards, prizes, and most importantly, leadership opportunities.

If you are looking to join a company where you will have a major impact on clients, alliantgroup is definitely for you. Everyday we hear stories about clients who were able to use their incentives to increase the amount of R&D done at their company, hire more employees, and even keep from laying off current employees. In today's economy job creation with this market is key to our country's success. It is very rewarding to feel you are at the heart of helping the USA drive innovation and keep jobs here in this country.

Cons

Those who aren't willing to work really hard and push themselves will not do well here. However, I really don't see this has a con since I believe surrounding yourself with the best, will only make you better. The building is a little cramped, but we are moving to a brand new building in a couple months!

Continue to invest in the training and professional development of employees across the board. In addition, continuously hearing the vision from Senior Leadership is VERY impactful.

Worked for alliantgroup, LP? Contribute to the Community!