alliantgroup, LP

Updated November 17, 2014
Updated November 17, 2014
2.9

Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • They also entice people with free food and being able to wear jeans (in 14 reviews)

• I have always been rewarded for all the hard work I put into the company (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute (in 22 reviews)

More Highlights

High energy environment with endless opportunities!

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Deciding to work at alliantgroup was the best decision I have made in my career. It is a high-performance and high-energy environment and the opportunities are endless. alliantgroup maintains an open-door policy and I feel comfortable asking anyone and everyone for help at all times. Hard work and dedication does not go un-noticed. Unlike other companies, the management team instills complete transparency and recognizes the hard work put out buy their employees. The opportunities, rewards, incentives and fun is endless at alliantgroup. Along with the professional growth I have experienced at alliantgroup, the personal growth I have experienced is also second to none.

Cons

I do not have any cons about working at alliantgroup.

High Performance and Pro-active Attitudes Appreciated and Awarded

Current Employee - Associate Attorney in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Attorney in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The number one reason I enjoy working here is because the career opportunities are limitless. After only 4 months, I have already been promoted and am on my way to gaining even more experience and responsibilities. Throughout my entire time here, my supervisors have been very transparent and constantly let me know what areas I am excelling in and what areas I can improve upon. I am an aggressive person and have always been a high performer and at the top of my class. This company rewards individuals who put in the work and who are dedicated to improving themselves. Another perk is that the company promotes collaboration so there is always someone who genuinely wants to help you and learn from you as well. Lunch is provided every day and so is dinner during tax season. I'm looking forward to learning more about this company and continuing to move up the ladder.

Cons

Tax law is a new area that I wasn't familiar with so I was a little nervous whether or not I would be successful at this job. However, there is a multi-week training course to teach you everything that you need to know and everyone enjoys helping you out and making sure you are comfortable with the material.

Fast paced environment that encourages hard work and high energy!

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I truly feel as if I learn something new every day. The work is always exciting and challenging. My colleagues are all smart, driven, and passionate. There is a culture of learning, accountability and teamwork. This is one place that I think is truly a meritocracy. Everyone is measured on the strength of their performance. Even after a few months, I felt that I was growing and strengthening my skill set. This is an excellent place to work if you enjoy pushing yourself.

work-life balance is certainly attainable if you prioritize it. We even have a Health & Wellness Director and numerous programs in place that encourage activity and stepping away from work for a bit.

Best of all, the management is incredibly supportive. I have never heard of another employer where the upper management will take time to personally help develop your skills, even as an entry level employee. If you show initiative and ask for guidance, you will not be refused. The opportunities for growth are huge here. I would recommend alliantgroup to any contacts who are hardworking, focused and looking to make a career.

Cons

This is not your typical 9-5 job. If you are looking for a boring desk job where you can surf the internet all day and have no real responsibilities, this is not the place for you. You will work long hours and late nights, however, I have never felt that my efforts have gone unnoticed or unrewarded.

Great high energy atmosphere with lots of opportunity and growth! Go-getters welcome.

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The nature of the work is complex and interesting – this is a fast paced work environment and every day presents new challenges and opportunities.

Your peers are successful, intelligent, and motivated. You will receive mentorship and guidance from upper level management since alliantgroup promotes an open-door policy. alliantgroup has assembled a unique Advisory Board which consists of former IRS Commissioners, Senators, Governors, and other high level executives – all of which visit the headquarters and you can connect with – talk about a great opportunity!

You are rewarded for hard work – vacations, catered meals, bonuses etc.

The skill set you develop here in such a short amount of time is incomparable to other firms. You are presented an opportunity to consult executives of Companies and their CPAs on how to effectively increase their bottom line – these executives will love you and alliantgroup rewards you for developing strong relationships with clients.

alliantgroup just moved into a new building that overlooks downtown Houston and the Galleria – lots of fun things happening! alliantgroup has implemented a new Wellness program – weekly runs, yoga classes, and nutritional classes as well as more healthy options offered for lunch.

Cons

Long hours during tax season – this is the nature of the industry.

Keep maintaining a high performance culture and keep promoting personal and professional growth.

Incredible Opportunity at a Dynamic, Growing Company

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

alliantgroup is a company full of young, energetic, and highly intelligent people. The people you will meet working here are one of the best things about alliantgroup. It is a very enjoyable work environment that makes you look forward to coming to work each day.

You will get what you put into alliantgroup. I have never worked for a company where hard work was so often recognized and rewarded. You will not find another job where it is so easy to advance even within your first year. The sky is the limit and the room for advancement is unprecedented due to the rapid growth of the company.

The work we do is rewarding, challenging, and different each day. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients in a lot of different industries. There are great opportunities to travel the country, but at your discretion and timing.

The benefits provided are unparalleled. Everyone works hard and alliantgroup constantly finds ways to give everyone the opportunity to mix in fun and excitement. This will include everything from company parties, happy hours, movie outings, and dinners. Lunch is catered in daily at no charge and during tax seasons, dinners are provided as well.

Cons

This is the not the work environment for everyone. This is a fast paced environment where high performers are sought and greatly rewarded. Those expecting to clock in, clock out, and do the bare minimum will not be successful. The hours can be long during the busy tax seasons, but the sense of camaraderie and teamwork that occur during this time is impressive. Management is always working to find ways to keep it fun and reward everyone for the extra time commitment.

Keep up the great work! As we continue to grow, maintain the core principles that have made this such a great company to work for.

You Get What You Put In

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-high performance environment
    -work with really intelligent individuals
    - you're always learning new things (my biggest fear is being bored so this has been the perfect company for me)
    -if you are passionate about what you do and put in the effort, you will be rewarded well
    -the culture (you develop strong friendships because of all the fun and engaging activities that the Company holds)

Cons

I've read through a lot of the reviews on here and although I am baffled by the negative ones, I can see how alliantgroup is not for everyone. If you want a job purely to check in, check out and float through life without being engaged- don't join this company. This is definitely not somewhere you go just to collect a paycheck and have a mind numbing day. You join this company if you want to really enjoy what you do, be engaged and like to be challenged.

It's not a 9-5 job. There are some days you work longer hours and some days you work shorter hours but when you enjoy what you're doing, time flies by either way.

Rewarded for rewarding work.

Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This is a challenging, fast-paced, highly rewarding environment. I get the opportunity to find America's small and mid-sized businesses much needed tax refunds for them and, boy, are they grateful. I have had heard business after business tell me: "Thank you. We are really grateful for alliantgroup's effort because it allowed us hire additional employees or buy a new piece of equipment that is essential to our company's continues growth and success" And, it feels really good to hear how grateful these companies are. There aren't many companies out there that serve the heartbeat of the American economy, its small and mid-sized businesses; but alliantgroup is one that does so admirably. It is incredibly rewarding work.

While working here I found that my effort has never gone without being rewarded by alliantgroup. It is a true meritocracy! I have shown the aptitude and ability to excel at this company and I keep getting rewarded in different ways - raises, performance-based bonuses, discretionary bonuses, all-expense paid trips, gift certificates, and other perks.

This is the only company I have worked for that truly appreciate and cares for its employees. they cater food daily for lunch, provide health and dental care to all of its employees, and has hired a Director of Health and Wellness to educate its employees on fitness and nutrition, put on optional fitness classes, coordinate running/walking groups, etc..

I couldn't be happier!

Cons

The continued construction in our new building can be distracting.

Please continue to take care of and reward your employees.

Amazing company with truly incredible people

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing and talented people. Result-oriented culture that rewards those that break the mold and challenge the status quo. The passion for client service, passion for growth and team-based environment gives alliantgroup an incredible edge. There are clear expectations, performance planning and feedback and coaching for those that have the commitment, perseverance, and hunger to succeed!

Cons

There are no cons to share.

Management does an great job of investing in its people. Management coaches, molds, and inspires - keep it up!

The best decision I've ever made was to accept a position with alliantgroup, LP!

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

We help U.S. businesses every day! During the recent economic downturn, we heard story after story of the companies whose doors stayed open and kept employees due to the dollars we helped them receive! This is truly THE most gratifying job in the world!

Management and Senior colleagues are approachable and encouraging; everyone truly wants to see you succeed beyond your wildest dreams!!

An awesome new building in Houston with amazing views and lots of open space to collaborate with colleagues!

Cons

Don't come here if you don't want to grow! You'll be challenged on a daily basis to be your best!

The work is worth it!

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Competitive base salary along with a substantial bonus structure
    -NEW BUILDING!!
    -Paid lunch daily
    -Free soda machines
    -Perks and incentives
    -Promotions from within
    -Opportunity for growth

This company is doing AMAZING things! Although the hours are a little longer than normal, the work is completely worth it. What you put into it is what you will get out of it and there is constant encouragement along the way from colleagues, Senior Management and even the CEO and COO. It is a very young, fast paced, high performance environment with an amazing opportunity for success.

Cons

-The hours are a little longer but this is also a pro because you don't have to sit in traffic when you leave.

Other than that, I really don't have any.

I have been with alliantgroup for less than a year but my experience thus far has been rewarding! Without our Senior Management, this company would not be where it is today. They work harder than any Manager or Director I have ever had and they really go out of their way to treat employees with respect and prove to their employees that they care. If meetings are scheduled after hours, they go out of their way to make it fun and the free dinner is a nice bonus as well!

One of my favorite things is that they are honest during the interview process. They will tell you up front that this company and culture is not for everyone but if you are driven and passionate about your career, then this is the place for you to grow and create your own success!

Thank you for all you do for your employees and this company. We would not be where we are today without the dedication and passion you all have for alliantgroup!

alliantgroup, LP Photos