alliantgroup, LP Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

If you need the money and you are aggressive work there!

Former Employee - Energy Modeler in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Energy Modeler in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the money and smart people that work there.

Cons

work / life is nonexistent

Advice to Management

quit micromanaging

Some of these reviews crack me up

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone at alliantgroup is not equal. If you take care of business, you are exceptionally well paid and treated. Motivated energetic people who care about their careers embrace this as a positive. If you think this is a negative you are not a fit. Salaries and compensation are impressive with contests that have huge prizes. The company emphasizes its culture because the core values of that culture have caused the company to skyrocket. As long as I have been here, we have had a ton of job openings because the growth is so crazy. Not many companies can say that. The food and relaxed dress are nice, but not a reason to pick a job. The company as a whole is very direct about what is expected, if you do those things, and put your best effort into your job, you will do very well here.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve, and the training when you start is pretty rigorous. It takes a lot of confidence to put yourself out there, and that is intimidating to some people. It is necessary to succeeding that you be an active part of your team. They do a lot of practice in mock situations which was uncomfortable to me at first, but it gives you confidence pretty quickly. Now that I am helping others with mocks I can see why we do them.

A Great Opportunity!

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

What I love about alliantgroup is the constant teamwork fostered between the departments. You will have the opportunity to develop relationships with a broad range of people from unique backgrounds and life experiences, and this promotes an environment and culture that is conducive to learning as well as building camaraderie among one another. I enjoy being able to discuss ideas and brainstorm with people no matter what the topic may be, and the cohesiveness between the departments is second to none compared with other jobs I have had. Upper management is always available as well, no matter what you need to discuss. It truly is an “open door” policy and not simply a catch phrase, and it is nice to know that they are available should you need them. I always seek them out when I have questions regarding complex files, and they are happy to answer my questions for me.

The work itself is very interesting in that you will have the opportunity to learn both the applicable law as well as the accounting principles that govern the execution of the files. The legal landscape is always changing with regard to a lot of the work, and I enjoy having the opportunity to use my legal background to navigate through the complexities of each file. I also enjoy the opportunity to work with clients from different industries, including software development, engineering, construction, and life sciences. You will be able to develop client relationships with many talented individuals from all of these industries, and it keeps each new file unique and exciting to work on.

Cons

The hours can be long during tax season, but again, you are not alone in your work. We are growing very fast, and as such, some of our internal processes often change quickly which can make things difficult at times.

Thought I would hate it (based on these reviews)... still here after ~1 year and I can honestly say I love it...

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hard working, high octane atmosphere. Motivated, tenacious co-workers. You can move up fast if you're a mover & shaker, and management will go out of their way to accommodate you when you prove yourself.

Cons

Intense atmosphere, long hours during tax season, but not as long as in finance and big law careers. Constant pressure from management to out-perform and improve. This is a good thing, if you're game.

Advice to Management

Their mantra is to push people to be their very best and maximize performance. This is a good thing, but it is not for the faint of heart. Come here to work hard and realize your full potential.

Hello, America!

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Our country, America, the land of the free was built on hard work and perseverence. Nothing is handed to you in life. I am competitive by nature and that drive has helped me to succeed and grow within alliantgroup. It is not a company meant to help you pay bills rather a company that will help you build a career and bring out your strengths and in the end not only will you have self fulfillment but also the compensation you deserve.

Cons

It is not for everyone. Just like tryouts, not everyone will make the team because you need people that are not only talented but driven. Practice makes perfect. The more you invest in yourself the more you get out of it.

Advice to Management

Thank you for always having our best interests at heart and for investing in each of us. I want to echo the fact that I too appreciated the extra time off over the Holidays that allowed me to spend additional time with my loved ones.

Challenging but growth potential is unlimited

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

This company strives to be the very best in the client service industry and they push employees to demonstrate their best in terms of product/service quality and commitment to delivering an A+ client experience. This means that employees are constantly challenged to develop and get better and achieve greater things. But they reward those to rise to the challenge and your growth potential within the firm is limited by your own desires and strengths. You can do anything and be anyone here. Very different from a stuffy organization where tenure (and not talent) seems to me the number one thing people are measured by.

Cons

They are very strict in terms of work product quality and this can lead to challenging times. And you will be pushed to do greater things here. Definitely not a place where you can hide in the shadows and coast.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on development of your people and make quicker decisions on the ones that can't make or don't have what it takes to be a part of alliantgroup.

Unprofessional, Unethical Company

Former Employee - Associate Director
    Former Employee - Associate Director

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

There are no 'pros' that could make up for the disgusting alienation and treatment of employees who are not 'drinking the cool aid'. There is free food and drink.

Cons

If you don't mind losing your free will and your right to accept or decline the constant after hours 'brainstorming' sessions that are 3-4 nights a week sometimes until 2am, then this is the place for you. (By brainstorming, I mean talking derogatorily about the employees that are not at the session). By far the worst experience at a workplace I have ever had. Completely unprofessional, unethical and simply, weird. The CEO is a narcissistic man child with clearly no personal life whatsoever, who craves the adoration of young women who have most likely never had or been around money. For someone who has, and who can make their own, it is just not that impressive nor worth the ridiculous sacrifice of a personal life in order to satisfy his constant need to have his harem of women around him. Massive labor law violations and an absolute HR nightmare. Shocked there haven't been hundreds of law suits hurled at this company. I chose to get out and move on with my life, which i imagine the majority do, and not bother suing. The turn over is massive and i have never seen anything like it in my entire career. Working here was one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made, I am glad I made the decision to leave.

Advice to Management

Unfortunately management will not listen. They like the way they run it. That is why this will never be a multi-billion dollar company. Shame.

Associate

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

Free food during tax season

Cons

Horrible management.
    LONG LONG hours, anything less than 10 hours is a c.r.i.m.e
    Micromanagement at it's finest. Don't become FB friends with anyone at the company, they stalk you every single minute.
    Upper management goes to the strip clubs wherever they travel.
    Very unorganized.
    work life balance is obsolete.

Advice to Management

What goes around, comes around.

Take it with a grain of salt

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay very well and you have the "opportunity" to make more money through bonuses. I was at the old office where they were in transition in moving into the new office. During tax season, they provide lunch and dinner as well as other perks (massages, Crave cupcakes, snack times, Tiff's Treats, etc.) It's just like any other accounting firm though. The only pro from my experience there was that I learned what it's like to absolutely hate my job.

Cons

There's really no feeling of job security. This is the only company I have seen that will demote or fire their upper level mangement team members for a small mistake. Communication is essential and it seems that they like to brush things under the rug for their "A-list"-ers but at the same time, will make an example of people who are not a part of this elite group within the company. They lack a training department because there are very few people who have been with the company for more than a couple of years. With such a high-turnover rate combined with the lack of communication, the ability to feel the need to come to work diminishes.

Advice to Management

Put an effort in training and nurturing your employees. And keep the good ones without burning them out. You are losing so many good people by not putting in an effort to care about your employees. Take all the glitz and glamour out of the mix (company-wide happy hours, free dinners, snacks, etc.). Just take care of your employees and listen to their concerns. Have a good way for people to voice their concerns, without feeling like they're going to lose their jobs.

Good Learning Experience I Want to Forget

Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

I learned a lot working there over 5 years. It is a well run high performance workplace. The Controller and CFO are both very intelligent. I consider it a badge of honor that I survived and left on my own. Most people are fired or have a nervous breakdown.

Cons

I finally left because of the stress and long hours. I would not go back even if offered a better position or more pay. I get off work at 4:30 everyday at my new job and have way less workload. At alliantgroup management is very mentally and verbally abusive.

Advice to Management

I am sure they lose potential customers and prospective employees because of these negative reviews. I read the new reviews every few months and nothing changes.

RSS Feed </> Embed