alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Updated April 21, 2015
169 reviews filtered by

Incredible Opportunity at a Dynamic, Growing Company

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

alliantgroup is a company full of young, energetic, and highly intelligent people. The people you will meet working here are one of the best things about alliantgroup. It is a very enjoyable work environment that makes you look forward to coming to work each day.

You will get what you put into alliantgroup. I have never worked for a company where hard work was so often recognized and rewarded. You will not find another job where it is so easy to advance even within your first year. The sky is the limit and the room for advancement is unprecedented due to the rapid growth of the company.

The work we do is rewarding, challenging, and different each day. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients in a lot of different industries. There are great opportunities to travel the country, but at your discretion and timing.

The benefits provided are unparalleled. Everyone works hard and alliantgroup constantly finds ways to give everyone the opportunity to mix in fun and excitement. This will include everything from company parties, happy hours, movie outings, and dinners. Lunch is catered in daily at no charge and during tax seasons, dinners are provided as well.

Cons

This is the not the work environment for everyone. This is a fast paced environment where high performers are sought and greatly rewarded. Those expecting to clock in, clock out, and do the bare minimum will not be successful. The hours can be long during the busy tax seasons, but the sense of camaraderie and teamwork that occur during this time is impressive. Management is always working to find ways to keep it fun and reward everyone for the extra time commitment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! As we continue to grow, maintain the core principles that have made this such a great company to work for.

You Get What You Put In

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-high performance environment
    -work with really intelligent individuals
    - you're always learning new things (my biggest fear is being bored so this has been the perfect company for me)
    -if you are passionate about what you do and put in the effort, you will be rewarded well
    -the culture (you develop strong friendships because of all the fun and engaging activities that the Company holds)

Cons

I've read through a lot of the reviews on here and although I am baffled by the negative ones, I can see how alliantgroup is not for everyone. If you want a job purely to check in, check out and float through life without being engaged- don't join this company. This is definitely not somewhere you go just to collect a paycheck and have a mind numbing day. You join this company if you want to really enjoy what you do, be engaged and like to be challenged.

It's not a 9-5 job. There are some days you work longer hours and some days you work shorter hours but when you enjoy what you're doing, time flies by either way.

Rewarded for rewarding work.

Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This is a challenging, fast-paced, highly rewarding environment. I get the opportunity to find America's small and mid-sized businesses much needed tax refunds for them and, boy, are they grateful. I have had heard business after business tell me: "Thank you. We are really grateful for alliantgroup's effort because it allowed us hire additional employees or buy a new piece of equipment that is essential to our company's continues growth and success" And, it feels really good to hear how grateful these companies are. There aren't many companies out there that serve the heartbeat of the American economy, its small and mid-sized businesses; but alliantgroup is one that does so admirably. It is incredibly rewarding work.

While working here I found that my effort has never gone without being rewarded by alliantgroup. It is a true meritocracy! I have shown the aptitude and ability to excel at this company and I keep getting rewarded in different ways - raises, performance-based bonuses, discretionary bonuses, all-expense paid trips, gift certificates, and other perks.

This is the only company I have worked for that truly appreciate and cares for its employees. they cater food daily for lunch, provide health and dental care to all of its employees, and has hired a Director of Health and Wellness to educate its employees on fitness and nutrition, put on optional fitness classes, coordinate running/walking groups, etc..

I couldn't be happier!

Cons

The continued construction in our new building can be distracting.

Advice to Management

Please continue to take care of and reward your employees.

Amazing company with truly incredible people

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing and talented people. Result-oriented culture that rewards those that break the mold and challenge the status quo. The passion for client service, passion for growth and team-based environment gives alliantgroup an incredible edge. There are clear expectations, performance planning and feedback and coaching for those that have the commitment, perseverance, and hunger to succeed!

Cons

There are no cons to share.

Advice to Management

Management does an great job of investing in its people. Management coaches, molds, and inspires - keep it up!

6. The work is worth it!

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Competitive base salary along with a substantial bonus structure
    -NEW BUILDING!!
    -Paid lunch daily
    -Free soda machines
    -Perks and incentives
    -Promotions from within
    -Opportunity for growth

This company is doing AMAZING things! Although the hours are a little longer than normal, the work is completely worth it. What you put into it is what you will get out of it and there is constant encouragement along the way from colleagues, Senior Management and even the CEO and COO. It is a very young, fast paced, high performance environment with an amazing opportunity for success.

Cons

-The hours are a little longer but this is also a pro because you don't have to sit in traffic when you leave.

Other than that, I really don't have any.

Advice to Management

I have been with alliantgroup for less than a year but my experience thus far has been rewarding! Without our Senior Management, this company would not be where it is today. They work harder than any Manager or Director I have ever had and they really go out of their way to treat employees with respect and prove to their employees that they care. If meetings are scheduled after hours, they go out of their way to make it fun and the free dinner is a nice bonus as well!

One of my favorite things is that they are honest during the interview process. They will tell you up front that this company and culture is not for everyone but if you are driven and passionate about your career, then this is the place for you to grow and create your own success!

Thank you for all you do for your employees and this company. We would not be where we are today without the dedication and passion you all have for alliantgroup!

A Great Employer- The Sky is the Limit

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of companies say that they will reward hard work and creative thinking. This one really does. I look forward to going to work every day. The opportunities to succeed are endless and the support to help you excel is tremendous.

Cons

Tax season can have some long hours, but days off and other perks reward the efforts.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and let's keep growing!

An amazing work environment, great energy, and excellent focus on client service!!!!

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

alliantgroup is a place that recognizes hard work, perseverance, dedication and potential. Leadership is extremely keen on working with employees to grow and develop as a professional.The potential to excel is limitless. The job is extremely interesting and every day you get to learn something new. Additionally, alliantgroup is a true meritocracy, and high performance is encouraged!!! Shout-outs to folks that rise above the rest are an every day occurrence!!!

Cons

None. This is a place for people that want to rise above the rest!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

client service, teamwork, professionalism, intelligence, and collaboration

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities are endless here. A true place to establish a long-term career.

Cons

It takes passion to succeed.

10. Amazing opportunity at an elite client service focused firm

Current Employee - Tax Controversy in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Tax Controversy in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

alliantgroup is a results oriented company. If you are the sort who comes into a career with positive energy, and an attitude that you are going to ascend and compete, and the expectation that you will be compensated well for it, this company is a great fit.

alliantgroup expends tremendous resources on new employees, teaching them highly marketable skills.

The sense of accomplishment I feel in this work vastly exceeds any experience I have had elsewhere in the nearly 15 years I have spent in the legal field. I use legal skills and training, but in a fun cooperative environment that is unlike any law firm I have ever seen.

The growth of the company has been exceptional, and it still feels like we are on the ground floor!

The company is committed to giving its employees an "on campus" experience, with creative perks that range from happy hours, parties, and gift cards to trips, and large results based bonuses.

Leadership is accessible, and engaged in a way that is unheard of in a company this size. The time they spend personally, teaching others principals of leadership and management is one of the things that makes this company great.

Cons

alliantgroup is not for everyone. Client service is a commitment, and those who are just looking for a place to blend in, or who tend to have a negative outlook, will not do well here. Emphasis is placed on performance, ownership, and accountability.

Teamwork is important here, so folks do what it takes to get the job done, while expecting the same of their peers.

11. Take control of your career!

Current Employee - Senior Associate
    Current Employee - Senior Associate

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You really do hold your career in your hands! You will be given as much work and responsibility as you want and can handle, and you will have ample opportunities to advance. In fact, your opportunities for advancement are much more available than in almost any other work place. Your hard work will be recognized. The training group and management give you all of the tools you need to excel, and there truly is an open door policy anytime you have a question. Any time you have questions or concerns, management is always available. On top of that, you get to work with a diverse group of talented, intelligent, and interesting professionals on a daily basis.

Cons

The hours can be long at times and the deadlines can stack up, but you are never alone in working through these challenges. While working long hours, typically during tax season, your comrades are there with you working and building camaraderie. You receive lots of project management training to help manage deadlines. Plus, if you ever get too bogged down, all you have to do is raise your hand and ask for help.

alliantgroup, LP Photos