alliantgroup, LP

Updated September 8, 2014
Updated September 8, 2014
2.8

Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • Free Food for your stomach while feeding your Ego (temporarily) (in 13 reviews)

• I have always been rewarded for all the hard work I put into the company (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance (in 13 reviews)

• tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

Unprofessional in an unhealthy work environment!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time for less than a year

Pros

-During the tax season, they'll bring in good food from good restaurants for dinner and sometimes lunch
    - $5 lunch daily
    - Garage parking
    - free soda vending machines
    - fun parties (halloween costume party, christmas pod decorating party, etc)

Cons

- Management take advantage of the fact that they are higher up than you. They treat you like crap.
    - So much overtime hours. If you leave before 6:30pm, you'll get questioned as to why you "left so early" when your scheduled hours are until 6pm.
    - They'll rarely notice your work - unless you're a favorite.
    - Everyone WILL talk crap about you and those words will fly around QUICK
    - They'll hire anyone. I've met people who have a degree in Chemistry, Psychology, Art, etc and their job has NOTHING to do with what they got their degree on.

I shouldn't be afraid of my supervisor. My supervisor is the one I am supposed to look up to and ask for help if I need help. Also, encourage your employees to do more instead of making them feel like they'll never be good enough for you. Help them with the things you want them to get done. Also, help your temps to become perms. If there's something you disslike about them, let them know so they can improve on it and become a perm within the company. Don't let them just hang there as a temp for more than their 90 days probation. If they've been with the company for more than 90 days, why not make them permanent? If you didn't like them, let them go before the 90 days is over.

STAY AWAY, NEVER CONSIDER, A JOB AT "a"LLIANTGROUP.

Former Employee - Associate  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time for less than a year

Pros

They allow you to drink. Free SUGAR (Soda). Pay 100% Medical and Dental, if you last past 90 days.

Cons

While my time there was short, it is actually longer than most people. First off, work / life balance is non-existent, you are expected to work a minimum of 11-14 hour days Monday -Friday..
    No matter how qualified you are, if you speak with any hint of an accent you will not be interviewed in person and will not be contacted by alliantgroup again. It does not matter if you have a PHD from Harvard and 5 years experience. Directors and favored employees will come into the office hungover or will not come in at all due to the fact. Directors will blame you for somthing they did so that the CEO and COO won't think that they dropped the ball. alliantgroup still participate in MASS EMAILS. With over 500 employees they will send emails out to everyone. I woke up one morning with over 120 emails on my phone congratulating some random person in another department... REALLY? Also there is no HR presence at alliantgroup, if you complain about something or have an issue, more than likely you will be fired.

I witnessed first hand more than 4 people quit within a week of being hired (these are not teenagers, these people who quit have degrees from respected colleges)
    I was rewarded by upper management for going above and beyond (This incuded an email to my director and a gift card), I was never tardy, never called in, I was qualified for my position, never punished, never written up and never given a verbal warning of any kind. I was fired by alliantgroup (shocked) no later than 2 weeks after being rewarded. For why you ask? I asked the same question to my director. "Why?". I was given no response by my director or HR person and told that I would be walked out. This all took place a week before my insurance would have gone into effect, coincidence? I will never know. I do know that alliantgroup offers NO job security at all.
    Most people employeed by alliantgroup are activily looking for another job. Most of the complaints I heard while there were the hours, favored employees, under qualified directors, lack of training and no opportunities for growth.
    If you are in desperate need of a job, you are better of staying on your parents couch and looking some place different.

NEVER FOLLOW, ALWAYS LEAD, WE DARE YOU.
    More like STAY AWAY, NEVER CONSIDER, A JOB AT "a"LLIANTGROUP.
    I never understood the little "a"...

Get off your high horse and do something productive. Give raises and promotions where they are due.

Any positive reviews are written by alliantgroup's management or marketing team. Lies.

Former Employee - Associate  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than a year

Pros

A paycheck, but not worth it.

Cons

Where do I begin... worst company and job I've had. Everyone that works there wants to quit and can't stand their lives. Management is horrible. They'll hire anyone since turnover is atrocious.

Respect your employees otherwise you'll eventually run out of human beings to hire. Maybe you could outsource then your possibilities would be nearly endless...

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

WORST COMPANY EVER. STAY FAR AWAY.

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

It's comical that the "pros" are free sodas and a $5 lunch, because there is nothing good to advertise about this company.

Cons

Every review is very accurate, except for the 5 star reviews that are written by internal employees to counter all of the bad reviews. The only way to succeed in this company is to be an allinantgroup slave working 100 hour weeks and brown nosing management.

Get a business plan in place and stop making business decisions on the go. I know you read these reviews and you just laugh it all off, because your company is full of arrogant stubborn attorneys. You preach client service, but have no idea what client service is, because you don't even know how to treat your employees well.

Underhanded practices when dealing with employees

Former Employee - Information Technology  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Soda machine use is free
    $5/day stipend for use at the building cafeteria

Cons

9.5 hour days minimum and most positions do not qualify for overtime
    A severe lack of planning/foresight at all management levels
    Understaffed for important job roles = more than 10 hour days to meet ridiculous deadines
    Least organized company for the department I worked within
    Part of the political-lobbyist "revolving door" scumbaggery

Most Rewarding Career Move!!!

Current Employee - Internal Projects  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Internal Projects in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time for less than a year

Pros

Generous
    Promoted within
    Performance Based
    High Energy
    Open atmosphere
    Collaboration among peers

Cons

I personally don't have any

My personal experience has been a great one with alliantgroup! I worked 6 years in the O&G industry and never once was I felt like my intelligence and ideas were appreciated. Every day I am listed to, challenged, rewarded and felt like I belonged.

Everyone's Journey is different and you can't compare the two. Reading negative things about this company, I'm disappointed. This company lets you grow within, you're voice is heard and is truly a transparent culture.

What you put into alliantgroup and your career here, is what you get out of it - I put in 100% and get 100% back! (Maybe even more with all the perks this company offers!!)

I appreciate everything that upper management has done - without all the Directors, VPs, COO & CEO - Our new lifestyle in our NEW building would not At All Be Possible!! Keep pushing your high performers. Keep listening, directing, mentoring - I've gained so much out of my career here. I guess I surround myself with people like myself and I've never heard anything bad - so to read such negative comments - is absurd.

I ABSOLUTELY Love it here, there is not one day I don't get up in the morning and feel excited to come to work. Every day is different, challenging, fun, and I honestly laugh every day and have made some AMAZING friends in the process.

Thank you all for making alliantgroup thrive in all of its worth! :) -DNA

Contrived rah-rah culture forced by management onto employees, unprofessional and unethical

Former Employee - Tax Associate  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Tax Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong growth in the Company, opportunity for upward mobility, health and fringe benefits, including daily lunch stipend, free sodas and red bull, open team environment

Cons

Unprofessional management, strong growth leading to mismanagement of human resources and high turnover rates. Long hours. Pressure to bill hours, stretching the limits of ethical and moral bounds in work product and billing. High-stress. Very little professional conduct and compassion from management for employees.

Reward performance based on realistic expectations and take a stance on ethical and moral grounds to which performance and billing practices occur. There will be better work product and employees will be happier if there were more concern for the people there instead of focusing purely on performance and artificially inflated billable statistics.

Stay Away! Management is full of liars!

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

$5 for lunch, relatively good pay for recent graduates with no experience

Cons

Everything else about the company is a con. There is too much work to go around so everyone is overworked and works more than 12 hours a day usually (yes, even during "off-season"). They will tell you that everyone works more hours during tax season, but over the past three years, every day has become tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute. When you try to get help or explain your frustrations to management, they tell you that you really don't have that much work on your plate and you should be able to handle it. They are constantly promising that more new people are on the way to help out, but very few of the new people stick around. There is a constant revolving-door of employees because everyone gets overwhelmed and quits. Many people leave without another job lined up because they hate it so much and alliantgroup keeps them too busy to apply elsewhere. Every single employee is currently planning when and how they will leave this hell hole.

Don't even get me started on their unethical billing practices or the fact that every single good review on glassdoor is written by senior team members who management has coerced to write good reviews in exchange for their promotions.

No one at this company is happy. There is no work/life balance. Management has made it clear that they don't want anyone having a family or children because they only offer family benefits to senior level employees and higher (and most of them work 80+ hours/week anyway, so when would they have time for a family?)

Stop lying to your employees about the help that you are bringing in to reduce everyone's workload. Stop trying to convince them they have 10-20 clients apiece, when in actuality they all have between 30-60. Listen to your employees when they come in to your offices crying and screaming. THEY ARE UNHAPPY! Instead of trying to find a way to keep your employees, you have streamlined the process to transition client files once someone quits. Wise up and get a real business model to retain employees and keep them happy (i.e. lighten the workload per project manager and allow people to go home at a decent hour and stop expecting them to work from home every waking second).

Run away from Irvine, CA

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

The only positive I can come up with is that the health benefits are good, however, there is no vision coverage.

Cons

Every review you are reading about Houston I disregarded because I was interviewing for Irvine. Sadly, Irvine is just as bad as the Houston reviews if not worse. It is the most unprofessional environment I have seen. Your career is better off at a different corporation.

Every hiring manager and director is on such a high power trip that the dysfunction it is creating will seriously have the firm in crumbles if something isn't done.

Expect a lot of employee-churn; note: that means you'll be churned, too

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Relatively easy to get hired with no background or experience; initial learning curve is steep but company has no expectations of you. Pay is not bad starting out.

Cons

Then the humiliations begin. Your performance will be tied to billable hours; that's right, no matter how much you work, if it ain't billable you won't get any raises or bonuses. Guess who decides what billable work you get? The people who do all the billable work. It's a rigged game. And the managers are making way to much money on the partnership model to give a crap how much churn there is at the bottom.

Like they'd listen.

Worked for alliantgroup, LP? Contribute to the Community!