alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Associate Director

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

Honestly, there is nothing positive about this company. I worked at alliantgroup for a year and could not wait to leave. They paid me a decent salary but it wasn't enough to cover the discriminatory, condescending and unprofessional environment. Through the hiring process everything is made to seem very positive and exciting but once you are in say goodbye to your life and happiness. I was a top performer and did very well but never once was I recognized or rewarded for my efforts.

Cons

Everything. This place is horrible. You are looked down on if you leave for lunch or if you leave before 7pm. Nothing is ever good enough and the CEO is very unprofessional and offensive. Management is two faced and will go out of their way to throw you under the bus. Do not trust ANYONE.

Advice to Management

Good luck finding employees who want to commit their lives to alliantgroup.

Terrible!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, free lunch, free parking

Cons

Management is terrible!! They treat you like dogs!!

Advice to Management

Treat people how you want to be treated!

Your Life, Your Decision, Your Choice

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

A lot of Overtime and you get catered food so that you don't have to go anywhere to eat.

Cons

Its ran like a frat house. Doesn't matter how long you work there a day or seniority or what you tried to improve on relations. It all depends how much butt you kiss to move up just for a different title but still doing the same work and incredibly long hours. No regards if you have a family or not and you are looked down upon if you leave after a 9-11 hour day. Some people work there for longer than that a day and they get no recognition for dedication or commitment but its preached about that all the time. Upper Management are aware of the issues there but do not care enough to improve anything about it. The option they gave is you can stay or leave.

Advice to Management

Management - be open mineded and if you have been given a title of a Team Leader/manager or such, then focus on that so you know can teach others as well as yourself so that environment can be a better place, rather than insult people that are working hard to prove themselves. Learn your craft. Stop giving recognition to the same people over and over again, especially when they arent the ones that are working hard on different clients. Having employee retention is better than a revolving glass door. Everyone sees through the BS.

No one asked me to write this review! Current Director in Irvine

Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with alliantgroup for almost 4 years. When I started, I was part of the many that just didn't get it. I didn't fully understand the high performance culture and all the trainings we were having after hours.

It took me about 6 months to not only understand the culture but to then transition to absolutely loving it. It's pretty simple, you work hard and ultimately make the company money and in return, you are compensated very generously and treated very well.

I am a mother of two young kids. When I started with the firm, my daughter was just 4 months old. I read some of the reviews regarding the lack of balance and all I heard were excuses. Of course it's not easy to make all elements of your life sync, especially as a working mother, but when the family life and the work life are both worth it, you simply find a way to figure it out. Show your value to the firm and they'll give you whatever it takes. I experience this every day.

alliantgroup has helped me develop into the professional I am today. The discussions I have with people far smarter than I only make me better at what I do. I'm constantly trying to improve and with every interaction I have, I am thankful for the opportunity.

Cons

Sometimes we don't speak to one another with the tact and respect as people but it's because we're intense and going too fast. This is something I know will get better as our firm matures.

Advice to Management

Continue to care and invest in your people. The fearful and lazy people may never get it.

challenging but rewarding!

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

I've been at alliantgroup for several years and can say that there is no other place that you can sit down and talk to CEOs and Presidents of other companies on a daily basis. The job is super challenging, but really rewarding. High performance is encouraged.

Cons

This job is for people who want to challenge themselves and push their careers forward - if you are lazy and want to squeak by, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

keep rewarding people - not sure you could get all these benefits for doing your job anywhere else.

Turn Growing Pains Into Your Professional Gains

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

alliantgroup, stands head and shoulders above our competition in the number of clients we serve, the scope and quality of the resources we've built to serve them and the results we achieve for them. The work we perform for our clients expand their capacity to hire and grow; adding new jobs and driving greater profits to the bottom-line. In many cases, even adding to their local economies.

Employees have exceptional opportunities for professional development, advancement and financial reward; given their willingness to put in the hard work and having a thick (mature) skin.

Executive management is committed to the hiring, investing in and rewarding exceptional people… all to build an extraordinary company. They have proven their ability to achieve unprecedented growth and success in our service niche. They ask nothing from others that they don't require of themselves.

Cons

Not For The Meek.

1. In an effort to disrupt the norms of "business as usual" and to spawn creativity... we are pushed out of our comfort zones and encouraged to find our own best-path to achieving our objectives, which includes, personally aligning with individuals and tapping into resources throughout the company.

This has facilitated new procedures, better practices and helped many people to achieve great results. Unfortunately, perhaps due to the high number of younger associates and managers; getting pushed outside of one's comfort zones makes some folks recoil rather than branch out. So those building new, productive relationships are sometimes viewed as a "favorite" or even, part of a "clique" while those who stagnate, don't get the attention they'd like. Some of this, is having a polarizing effect on the workforce, as evidenced here on glassdoor.

2. Like a lot of companies that experience fast growth, alliantgroup seems to have hit that transitional zone between small and big... commonly referred to as growing pains.

The broadening requirements of front-line managers may be outpacing the skills and growth of young managers. The demand for increased output, performance and metrics have them stretched thin. Individual and team performance is highly visible to everyone. So are the accolades and well intended, admonishments associated with that performance. Again, perhaps, due to the experience level of front line managers, some may try to hide their short comings and in doing so, alienate some of their staff. These dynamics have resulted in undesirable, turnover.

At the same time, Glassdoor's platform allows anyone, including competitors, to post anything; personal or professional, the truth or a lie, supportive or vindictive. Each posted with the intent to elevate or diminish the readers perception. This has led to a false impression of a thankless, burn’em and churn’em culture; jading potential candidates and providing an naysayer-community for under-performers, cut from the team.

As for the intent of my post... it's to speak sincerely, of positive and negative elements I've observed. alliantgroup is not perfect. What company is? I am, however, confident that unlike so many other firms, alliantgroup it committed to do whatever it takes to get there and will greatly reward those who make it happen.

I can't wrap this up with out speaking to posts I've read about people "being called out" on their mistakes, in front of others.

I've played team sports most of my life and find it much like being part of a company. Both strive to be the best, to capture the title. Both recruit the best talent they can get yet, not all of the talent makes the grade. There is always competition within the ranks and a quarterback is always more popular than a lineman.

As for "being called out" on a sports team... It happens daily. It's always, direct, personal, in your face and embarrassing, if not humiliating. Sometimes it means getting chewed out, sometimes push ups in front of our squad or running a couple laps while the rest of the group take a knee to watch. Like it or not, we do it. No whining, no complaining about the coach.

At alliantgroup critique is direct and yes, when in a group-meeting setting, it feels embarrassing. It's not a "you suck" approach but rather, "tell me why you chose that action" or "in retrospect what would you do differently." So it's an opportunity to learn and grow because when a mistake is discussed so are alternative approaches that can be taken to avoid those mistakes going forward. Doing so in a meeting also helps peers learn at the same time. That's why I suggested earlier, that employees needed a thick (mature) skin.

The fact is, alliantgroup is quite a remarkable company with a great track record of successful growth, employee development, unlimited upside and yes, with the aches and pains... but opportunities of an amazing company.

Advice to Management

If I had the "right advice" I'd be a C-level manager and we'd be over these hurdles ;-)

We have rising stars on the horizon and those who shine brightly, today. I only hope they're not destined to a comets life, burning out and darkening our skies.

That said, I know top management is aware of the challenges balancing personal and professional lives... and are committed to helping us find that balance.

Fun-loving people who work hard

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Alliantgroup is really a unique environment that brings together people of very different backgrounds. I have learned a lot in the time that I've been here and I definitely appreciate the collaborative and friendly nature of the other employees here. It is also great to experience a non-traditional corporate environment where hard work but not stuffiness are encouraged.

Cons

The training period is pretty intense especially for those who trained outside of tax law. There is always help to get over the learning curve however, and everyone really wants you to succeed.

Advice to Management

The ever-evolving development plan is great. Keep bringing in people with new, good ideas to make it even better.

great company, great opportunities, bright future....

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with the company close to ten years. I have watched it grow from a small company to a large firm. The skill level and talent of the employees has grown dramatically thanks to the leadership of management. The company has helped develop employees technical and leadership skills. The benefits package is one of the best. From all of the perks, like free meals throughout the year, to a lot of paid days off (which grows with each year of employment), to bonuses, bonuses, bonuses. If you want a chance to be rewarded for performing, this is the place to be. Bonuses aren't just for the holidays, they are throughout the year based on each individuals performance. The company's history to promote from within and elevate people based on performance has been great. if you perform, you are rewarded generously with recognition and compensation.

Cons

if you are looking for a j-o-b, this is not the place for you. because this company is driven through a high performance culture, you can't sit back and coast. Some people can't handle that.

Fulfilling job but not easy!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been at this company several years now and management has taken a lot of constructive feedback into account. I see how management styles have really improved and they are always adding to the amenities offered to everyone.
    For those of you considering a job here, here are a few highlights:
    -you can grow very fast in this company as long as you are passionate about what you do and are motivated to do better;
    -it's a really fun culture - we do 5k's together, yoga at the office, dinner parties, etc. it is like no other corporate environment you have ever been in;
    -you have exposure to not only different company CEO's but Congressmen, Senators, etc. - what a great opportunity for anyone who wants to widen their experience;
    -enjoy the ride and it can be a really rewarding one.

Cons

You just have to balance work/life out yourself and be proactive to moderate your priorities. No one forces anyone to do anything; you get however much that you put in. This is the case anywhere you go and it's no different here. warning: People get so passionate about what they do here that you can't help but be sucked in along with it.

Advice to Management

You have matured a lot and the improvements all around have been noted. Thank you!

Great Career Growth Opportunities!!

Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

it's a company that provides great opportunities for career development through internal training courses and hands on experience. If you express to management what career path you want to take they will work with you to achieve that. Overall, it's a fun working atmosphere and i've met a lot of great people. The company really takes notice of those that work hard and try to make sure it doesn't go unnoticed.

Cons

You are expected to work longer hours but management is very clear on that during the interview process. Everyone works with a team and I believe the first team you are assigned to can make or break your first experience/impression of the company.

RSS Feed </> Embed