alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Updated April 25, 2015
170 reviews filtered by

Rewarding career for smart, driven performers

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A talented group of professionals who share a passion for client service and a fun, rewarding work environment. Performance is frequently rewarded through bonuses and extra time off. Lunch catered daily. Those who show leadership ability are promoted quickly. Promotions are merit-driven and not based on tenure. Awesome new building with great views and an in-house gym (under construction).

Cons

Tax season hours can be intense due to commitment to client service and meeting project deadlines. However, dinner is catered daily and co-workers blow off steam with ping-pong, football, etc.

Internal Raving Fan!

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A lot is spoken about alliantgroup employees creating raving fans of our clients, which we do. The amazing part is that management practices what it preaches internally to create raving fans of their employees. If you want to work with the best and brightest that are also the happiest, this is the place for you. The investment that everyone puts into each other is truly astonishing in comparison to any other company. Most companies treat you as 'sink or swim'. Where as at alliantgroup, it is understood on all levels that all components of the 'ship' must operate together as to not sink. You don't have to struggle to find the energy and the passion you need because it naturally wants to jump out of you.

Cons

There can be long hours at times, but that goes with the territory regardless of where you work. Tax season is tax season. Management does everything they can to lighten the load and reward you for the time and effort through out the long hours.

Economic Growth!

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It feels amazing to go to work every day and get to work with small and mid-sized companies nationwide to help them create job growth in America by showing them where they are leaving their tax dollars behind. It's the greatest feeling when a client calls you to tell you how grateful they are that with the help of the tax incentives and deductions they received, they were able to stay open or hire more individuals. In an economy like ours has been as of late, this is vital. To be a part of it is astounding.

Cons

I truly can't think of any. If any issue was to arise, I could always speak to any of my superiors, all the way up to the CEO, and it would be immediately assessed. Love the open door policy and transparency!

I should have joined 5 years ago...

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong ethical-driven, professional and passionate culture; forward-thinking, progressive and evolving environment ; talented and intelligent co-workers who enhance professional growth; high value proposition for clients: fast-paced spirit and can-do mentality; results-driven, high-performance reward system; great benefits and work environment; open-door policy, our voices are heard.

Cons

It depends on who you are as a person. There are challenges here as there are with any other company....especially high-growth companies. At this time leaders and performers are needed. Ones who want to be the best and are not afraid to be challenged so that they are on an accelerated path toward that end. Our clients do not pay for average, but rather for our commitment to excellence. Although it's not always easy, when we get challenged along the way, it is in an effort to drive us forward - as individuals and as a company. At first, it was somewhat unnerving - but when you realize it is coming from an honest place, you understand the positive impact it has on all. Be the best in the world at something!

I truly believe I made the best decision of my life when I joined alliantgroup and wish I would have done so sooner. I have never seen such an opportunity to thrive both professionally and financially and am grateful for it.

Advice to Management

Enhance the investment in management and leadership development; continue to have an open-door policy; continue to drive us to be the best.

Project Manager

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

Decent money for a recent college grad, culture, nice office, 20% more or less it's up to you.

Cons

Can be political, hours during tax season and turnover.

Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

alliantgroup provides every opportunity to achieve professional success. Management has an open door policy and they are willing to discuss any issue or suggestion that you have. The average starting salary is highly competitive compared to other Tax Firms, along with excellent bonus incentives. Along with FREE catered lunches every day and FREE catered dinners every night during tax season. They also offer a complimentary Wellness Program that promotes healthy food choices and weekly Fitness Programs; they are also in the process of building us a new gym.

Cons

During tax season the hours are longer than the normal 9-5 job; but that is the name of the game for ALL Tax Firms. Success comes with hard work and dedication. If you want to be successful then all you have to do is work for it. Plus with all of the tax season perks that alliantgroup offers the time literally flies by.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is focus on hiring individuals that have more work experience, because these kids that are fresh out of college/law school do not realize how good they have it here. allintgroup goes above and beyond to reward their employees and some people just take that generosity for granted.

Great place to start!

Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great money and great environment

Cons

The long hours and working weekends

Advice to Management

Give more raises to those who deserve it. If one has to ask, management isn't doing their job.

Met some of my best friends... you know what they say, misery loves company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was given the opportunity to work along side some of the most amazing people possible.
    I had a gained an unsurpassed amount of experience in the few years I worked there.
    Let me be very clear, I LOVED the people I worked with and my actual job. However, I value myself as a person and my health.

Cons

First of all, everything you read on here - it's true - regardless of what others tell you. There are some departments that are "easier", less abusive to work in. However, the challenges do not, ever, outweigh the pros. I know so many people that have been pushed to their breaking point and do not know how or where to turn.
    The "constructive" criticism that is provided is laughable at best. You truly cannot understand what it is like to work there until you do - which I hope you don't.
    The "transparency" is hilarious. They are absolutely transparent about who sucks, but if it is discussed, you are brought into a meeting and accused of not being with the culture. If you hang out with employees who are no longer there, while you still are, you are not with the culture. Being happy for someone that has been able to move on is absolutely unacceptable.
    The hours are unbearable - conference calls at all hours of the night because it's internal, therefore necessary that it be outside of "customer facing hours" - so if you want to see your family or friends, DON'T, you'll have to leave whatever you are doing to take a phone call at the drop of a hat.

Advice to Management

There is truly no advice to provide. They know what needs to change and actively decide it is the employees, not the management.

Negative Work Environment

Former Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best thing about having worked here was getting a title of "Director" for an administrative position

Cons

Cons: Negative work culture. Unprofessional management where they create an environment of cool kids and non-cool kids.

Advice to Management

Get additional management training. Stop fostering the frat pack mentality.

Nightmare on Post Oak Street

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The new employees: like lambs to the slaughter every other Tuesday. It's so refreshing to see innocence and hope before the good ones go.

Cons

Everything; mainly because it's corrupt at upper management and it trickles down. Stress. Hours for nothing. Unethical business practices. Frat-House atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Management does not respond to advice, last time I checked. They would rather go on the offensive and post fake reviews on this site.

alliantgroup, LP Photos