alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Updated August 26, 2014
Updated August 26, 2014

2.8

Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • Free Food for your stomach while feeding your Ego (temporarily) (in 13 reviews)

• I have always been rewarded for all the hard work I put into the company (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance (in 13 reviews)

• tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

Needs robots not people

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time for less than a year

Pros

The service they provide is awesome in the tax incentive world.

Cons

Company "culture" is ridiculous. If you want to eat sleep and breath work then this is the place for you but if you have any sort of life then it'll get in the way. Very limited work/life balance.

Just there for billable hours for the managers

Former Employee - Project Associate  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time for less than a year

Pros

Anyone can get hired!! All you need is college education (not even that, probably) and you are in the door. If you can manage to work 80 hours a week, you will most likely get promoted, as well.

Cons

There is no leadership or meaningful training. All you do is sit in front of a computer and pretend to look busy if anyone walks by.

Get a clear goal-oriented plan in place for new hires and much more training is needed.

A huge disappointment

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

-Great for people just out of college who are single
    -Lots of company events (must be extroverted to work here)
    -Good money if you put the company first over everything else
    -Paid lunch

Cons

-NO work life balance
    -High Turnover
    -Company politics at its finest
    -Favoritism to attractive, single employees ( borderline inappropriate)
    -Focus on individual effort versus TEAM

My advice to management is to learn how to keep your employees. I must have seen 8 people quit in a matter of a year, and that was just in my department. They might tell you that their is growth potential, but you will not have a say in what you GROW to be. They ask for your feedback and opinions, however if it is not in line with theirs, don't even dare say it. Upper management showed high favoritism to: single and attractive employees who put alliantgroup number one in their lives. They will tell you they have your best interest at heart, but will go behind your back. This is company politics at your finest so bring your A Game. They lay out your job expectations very clearly, but a lot of times don't tell you the 'Why' to things. You can climb the chain fast and make good money, you just need to decide if it is worth giving up a work life/balance and your sanity. Finally they push you to be super competitive, and the whole company looses sight of teamwork. It spins my mind to see how fast this company is growing, despite how they treat their employees. It's your basic take advantage of people who don't know what normal working conditions are. Final note- You will see the high turnover ever month, and they will just pull you in a room and tell you that 'John' wasn't a good fit, when in reality alliantgroup isn't a good fit for the average American.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mistake of accepting position and working there for as long as I did.

Former Employee - Project Associate  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time for less than a year

Pros

Drinking was allowed at the office. Worked with individuals around my age. Unlimited sodas. Food during the tax seasons.

Cons

Drinking was allowed at the office. Expect to be present at every company event outside of work hours, regardless of personal matters or previous engagements. Too much slacking off during hours. Gossip went around like wildfire.

Need to reevaluate yourself, other management personal and the individuals currently working there.

Driven to be the best of the best

Current Employee - Associate Director  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It is absolutely amusing to me to see some of these negative reviews. When you work here, you are told up front that there are longer hours. This is not an 8-5 job, and the directors and owners are clear that alliantgroup is for the elite consulting minded, client service minded professionals that want to get a seat at the table. If you want to check in and check out, you will hate it here. If you like to work hard, not wait a year for 2-3% raise that is across the board, and you want to be rewarded for what you put in the firm, you will love it.

Also, working with young, very intelligent people is a nice plus. Average age in the firm is around 30. Makes the parties really fun. Casual work environment, office pranks, paid lunch, and lots of firm outings.

Bottom line, if you want a 'job' and not a 'career' do not apply. If you are looking for a company that you can hang out in the corner and not be noticed, do not apply. If you are money motivated, this is the place to be.

Cons

-A lot of young managers who need management training, but they are working on this.
    - Due to growth, the office is pretty tight and it gets pretty loud, but we are moving into a new building.
    -Paid lunch is a nice perk, but the food is not that great. Needs salt bad.

Keep hiring more senior level managers to help with day to day management.

Churn and Burn Company - They take advantage of the bad economy to hire anyone

Former Employee - Senior Associate
    Former Employee - Senior Associate

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Before you start please look at all the positive reviews. They all have a similar “CON”s
    - Fast Paced
    - Need more people
    - Hard Work

The Pro's are ridiculous. No company on glassdoor has those amazing reviews. RED FLAG.

- These are 100% fake accounts created by the 3-4 person marketing team to hopefully sway people on the fence to start.
    - BE CAREFUL.
    - Before making a decision look at all the reviews and see the ones that have unique details. - People spend time to write these because they are trying to let NEW people know what to expect. They DON'T GET PAID so they get no benefit in writing a negative responses unlike the "marketing team".

All comments are for jobs on the Implementation side.

You get a job and a laptop.
    You get your cell phone bill paid.
    You get to hang out with mostly cool people who are young and energetic
    You get free food during tax season.
    Free sodas
    $5 credit for lunch at the cafeteria
    Site Visits to different parts of the US
    3-5 company parties involving free food and drinks and prizes
    Good tax lawyers that know the R&D tax credit
    You can advance if you are a “yes” woman and love to brown nose senior management
    You get to go to free movies, dinners, if you are favored and a rising star.
    You can put tax consulting on your resume ( somewhat helpful if you are right out of college).
    You may even get to go to go on free secret trips to Vegas, if you are deemed a pretty girl with a “yes” attitude, by upper management.

Cons

Daily Life

+ To advance in this company, you have to believe in every decision, email, announcement, etc. that they make, no matter how unprofessional, or ridiculous.
    + They will ask for your feedback, but it is really a test to see if you are on board.
    + You have to be at work 10-12 hour days minimum, to get noticed and possibly get a raise.
    + Late night training sessions (after 6-7 pm), and 1 and 1s with whoever is your mentor and maybe her supervisor.
    + They still expect you to know and learn everything while working on client files = LONG DAYS and NIGHTS.
    + They will burn you out. It is like a law firm and they will give you a hard time for leaving early.
    + Extremely high turnover. This applies to new hires as well as employees who have been there for years.
    + Management has favorites, and they aren't shy about letting everyone know who they are.
    + They bill you at out at $200-400 per hour but pay you about 40-60K = $35-40 per hour DOE.
    + “Look at me” emails sent monthly to weekly.
    == Everyone has to reply to all and say “You are amazing”, “ Wouldn't expect less from you”, == “Way to be a leader”, and more half hearted words of praise.
    == These flood your inbox making it harder to actually do real work.
    == They are awkward at best and annoying after your 5th.
    + Structure of the company is in constant change. Directors who fall out of favor will be demoted, removed from their office and basically embarrassed. Sometimes there will be 5 directors then 2 then 7.

Directors and Assistant Directors

+ Most are Hard headed and demeaning to their staff. However, they have their faves and they get better treatment
    + Do not know how to manage people
    + Live for the power trip and brown nosing they get on a daily basis from their staff.
    + They promote those people
    + Work over 12-14 hour days even during non peak times.
    + Shows how much they value their life and their staffs

Owners

+ Do not understand their own workforce nor do they actually care
    + They are blinded by their early success, egos and money they rake in from YOUR work

Promotions

+ Your fate is decided by a round table of upper management usually about 8-9 people and your immediate director (She better love you).
    + They rank you against your peers. It is based on about 70% personal likes, office friendships and agreeability; and about 30% actual performance.

G ive raises sooner than later, if someone shows potential.
    F orget trying to manage. Hire external management company to handle daily tasks.
    Y ou created a company try and make it grow.

This is really a pointless area, especially for this company, since Management thinks they know everything and has never cared what anyone else says.

They can’t hide the truth with 50-80% company yearly turnover rate. End of the day this company is the most “suck up” company I have ever seen. However, if you like that atmosphere, and having absolutely no personal life, then you will be in heaven, and probably get promoted fairly quickly.

I hope this helps all potential new employees make better decisions.

NOTE: Tax Controversy Services (TCS), Audit, Quality Control (QC) and Business Development teams are other departments that appear to not be as bad, but I wouldn't know from direct experience.

Lack of professionalism

Current Employee - Architecture Associate/Energy Modeler  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Architecture Associate/Energy Modeler in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is a decent enough salary with overtime pay included, they pay $5 everyday for your lunch from a café that was onsite

Cons

No discipline regarding work ethic, no repercussions for those who screw around during work, forced overtime work, lots of coworkers who spend hours goofing around, lots of crude language around the office, managers who don't have a gameplan for workloads, just overall bad work environment that can drive you insane

Change the culture of lack of discipline, learn to be more professional, don't badmouth numerous employees behind their backs

A Great Employer- The Sky is the Limit

Current Employee - Associate  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time for less than a year

Pros

A lot of companies say that they will reward hard work and creative thinking. This one really does. I look forward to going to work every day. The opportunities to succeed are endless and the support to help you excel is tremendous.

Cons

Tax season can have some long hours, but days off and other perks reward the efforts.

Keep up the good work and let's keep growing!

Love waking up and going to work, amazing work environment, great job growth opportunities.

Current Employee - Senior Energy Modeler  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Energy Modeler in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than a year

Pros

What i love about alliantgroup is that it can enhance your talents and take them to the next level. My background is in architecture with a focus in sustainability. Working in different architecture firms, I wasn't able to use my talents to the fullest capacity. Once I began working in alliantgroup I saw immediate results finding tax deductions for several clients all over the country who work on energy efficient buildings. Now I am helping our economy, the environment, and architecture as we know it. In my eyes alliantgroup has been a blessing to myself, my passion, and my future.

Cons

I honestly cannot say one bad thing about this company, it is the best job I have ever had in my career.

I have very minimal advice. Since I believe we have a great upper management, but I think if we focus a bit more on setting clear expectations, coaching individuals to improve their performance as well as their professional development, and prepare for the unexpected I think it will be a great way to manage the company.

An amazing work environment, great energy, and excellent focus on client service!!!!

Current Employee - Associate  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time for more than a year

Pros

alliantgroup is a place that recognizes hard work, perseverance, dedication and potential. Leadership is extremely keen on working with employees to grow and develop as a professional.The potential to excel is limitless. The job is extremely interesting and every day you get to learn something new. Additionally, alliantgroup is a true meritocracy, and high performance is encouraged!!! Shout-outs to folks that rise above the rest are an every day occurrence!!!

Cons

None. This is a place for people that want to rise above the rest!

Keep doing what you are doing!

Worked for alliantgroup, LP? Contribute to the Community!