avVenta Worldwide Reviews

Jay Noce

1. Glad accenture took over

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, SC

I worked at avVenta Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Innovative. Friendly. Hard working

Cons

Dysfunctional more times than not, largely due to the often absent leader.

Advice to Management

Focus. Vision. Communicate.

2. Good company, nice people

Former Employee - Creative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Creative in New York, NY

I worked at avVenta Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to work on various projects and work hours is reasonable. Life and work balance is nice.

Cons

You may be doing the same thing that you're not interested everyday until it's done. Not much control of your own ideas.

3. Great people, great environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at avVenta Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many people use the term "work family", but this was truly a place where you felt connected to your coworkers. We worked hard and played hard. The COO was a dynamic leader.

Cons

All good things come to an end, especially within the startup arena. If you develop a successful company, it will eventually become attractive to a larger company. That was the case with avVenta, as it was acquired by Accenture.

They do not pay freelances on time if at all.

Former Employee - Full-time Freelancer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Full-time Freelancer in New York, NY

I worked at avVenta Worldwide full-time

Pros

The New York location is in a good area.

Cons

Waiting months for your pay check is usual at avVenta. To make matters worse, they don't know what they're doing. They hire freelancers to teach them the business and to train their interns. If you're a freelancer steer clear of this company, you will truly regret working for them.

Advice to Management

Pay your freelancers, and when you do- pay them on time, learn what you're doing, and stop the lying.

6. Limited room to move if you're in an on-site position as opposed to Costa Rica or Charleston.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at avVenta Worldwide

Pros

Pay is very good and the benefits are okay. Good communication with avVenta contacts when there were questions involving relationship with client.

Cons

Not really a con but just inherent in the business model. Most positions outside of main offices are on-site at the client. A salaried employee of avVenta is a consultant at the client so it's kind of a split existence. Probably different at corporate offices in Costa Rica or Charleston.

Advice to Management

Make avVenta University's training available online to employees who aren't in Costa Rica.

No room to grow

I have been working at avVenta Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good environment to work. Pet day!!!

Cons

Salary is not competitive Vs other competitors. There is no competition of some of the internal initiatives. There are some extra management resources.

Advice to Management

Need of standardization or processes.

8. Nice place to start, not so good for a career

Former Employee - Manager in San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)
    Former Employee - Manager in San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)

I worked at avVenta Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

High Salaries Good Training Good company culture Relax enviroment

Cons

Upper Management always changing, no continuity Bad IT and equipment No software licenses Little care of employee career path Poor Benefits

Advice to Management

Invest on real upper management. People that have actually studied management. Improve employee career path by listening to your people.

Avoid, if you have a better place to work with

Current Employee - Not Disclosed in Heredia (Costa Rica)
    Current Employee - Not Disclosed in Heredia (Costa Rica)

I have been working at avVenta Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* Being able to work in the field you have devoted years studying, a real tough opportunity here in CR. * Having the chance to work with really great people, talented ones. * For people living nearby Heredia, it's a great thing to avoid rush hour traffic jams to San Jose. * Near the train stop for people coming in from San Jose. * Near the mall Paseo de Las Flores.

Cons

* You don't have the necessary software to work with (Microsoft Office is banned, we have to use Open Office instead for example, and I don't want to mention the real tools we need and which we don't have licenses/access for). * You get to use a very old chair that no longer works, from some people that left the company years ago. * You work in a real small space (1mt x 0.7mt). You might hit your partner's feet from time to time. * Low pay * Work overtime to put out fires * No real benefits package (no medical insurance, no bonuses, nothing else buy your monthly payment, only some very small goodies like discount coupons and fun-food-friday snacks) * No "asociacion solidarista" * Park your car under the sun and dust if you can't pull strings in the 4th floor * If you are good at what you do, managers will put you on different projects for another clients, even if you are not being paid by them. Your original client never finds out, even if he is the one that is really paying. * After years of working here, all I've got was around $100 salary raise. I want to emphasize that: years of my life working here for just +/-$100 after all. And all this time, my Performance Appraisal was good (close to 4 from 5), even received those "kudos" from managers (which are like points in the Whose Line Is It Anyway? tv show, they are good for nothing).

Advice to Management

It's time to treat your employees with the respect and professionalism they deserve. Upgrade everything, from salaries to working conditions. We are here just because we need the work, but it is really becoming clearer, that are better places out there, and good workers are moving out to those places in a heart beat.

Great place to get experience working for Fortune 500 companies

I have been working at avVenta Worldwide

Pros

Exposure, job can be recognized by others, when building digital products for Fortune 500 companies. Use of cutting-edge technologies possible, depending on the account you work on. Great work environment

Cons

Opportunities to grow Career-path development Not clear business strategy

Advice to Management

Reinforce career path development with recognized certifications Implement a better motivational strategy

No communication and training for new employees

I worked at avVenta Worldwide

Pros

Decent pay and time off.

Cons

There is absolutely NO help for new employees from avVenta with any type of systems or the job itself. They don't know anything about what their "clients" do and once you're hired, any type of communication from avVenta to you does not exist. Another poster was right, there is no "Human Resources" and even though avVenta might say they "agree" with any of their employees concerns, they do nothing about them. Stay away unless you're desperate for a job.

Advice to Management

Get to know your clients and what the clients do so you can help your employees and stop relying on your clients to do it all, because they don't...

RSS Feed </> Embed