bebe stores

Updated December 17, 2014
Updated December 17, 2014
3.2

Jim Wiggett

Pros
  • GREAT discount, if you spend most of your money on clothes anyway the discount is definitely worth it (in 23 reviews)

• Right off the bat, the 50% discount is one of the best in the whole mall (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • They pay a management position minimum wage (in 11 reviews)

• long hours, constantly changing store set up (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

12 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Amazing Experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, CA

I have been working at bebe stores full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

bebe offers an opportunity for diverse and progressive experience in a talented entrepreneurial environment with competitive compensation and outstanding benefits package; opportunity for career growth; development opportunities to acquire a breadth experience; a strong and accomplished leadership team; ability to be effective in my job and directly impact business; and a collegial and respectful work environment.

Cons

It's been a year of transition but confident we have reached an inflection point.

Keep fostering and nurturing our Culture of transparency, recognition and leadership, and continue to live our Values

Dec 23, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thanks for the review!

A Great Experience!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, CA

I worked at bebe stores full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great People to Work with in the Stores, Field Leadership & Corporate Office team members!

Cons

No longer working as a member of the bebe team!

Best of luck to the company and all team members with the turn around efforts under way! It's a great brand with great people!

Oct 31, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thanks for the review! Sorry to have lost you as part of the bebe family!

Needs better Senior Management

Current Employee - Senior Systems Manager in Brisbane, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Manager in Brisbane, CA

I have been working at bebe stores full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Stays ahead of the technology, fast paced.

Cons

Good place and pay but the company is struggling with Senior Management. Just a handful of Execs run the show. Mandatory PTO of 10 days and not enough benefits.

Thumbs up for bebe!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, CA

I have been working at bebe stores full-time

Pros

Great group of people who each have a wealth of knowledge in their respective fields and who are down to earth and easy to talk to. Love the open communication I have with my team and supervising manager. Employee benefits are a plus not to mention the discount we receive on bebe clothes!

Cons

Location but I can't complain!

Team building activities a possibility?

May 16, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thank you for writing your review! I'm glad your manager is open and transparent and you benefit from our industry leading medical, dental and vision coverage! Team building sounds like a great ... More

Great professional opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, CA

I have been working at bebe stores full-time (less than an year)

Pros

At the corporate headquarters, there is visibility to a wide variety of levels and departments within the organization: This is a fantastic environment for those who like to be seen and to collaborate on a broad spectrum of projects across disciplines. Also great for those who are self-directed.

Cons

This isn't a con per se, but everyone at bebe needs to hit the ground running and determine for themselves how they can make an impact. There isn't the luxury of being spoon fed all of the answers for how things should be done. The pace is fast and dynamic - maybe not a great place for clock watchers.

Everyone is insanely busy, but take the time to encourage developmental opportunities within your organization.

High caliber team, learned a lot

Former Employee - Allocation Planner in Brisbane, CA
    Former Employee - Allocation Planner in Brisbane, CA

I worked at bebe stores full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Strong, smart team that's result driven. Very motivated individuals and knowledgable. Supportive managers and will push you to be the best you can be. Though business was tough, the team always look for ways to improve. Good discount.

Cons

Lack of direction from upper management. Sometimes strategies get lost in translation and ended up executed poorly. Not much work life balance. Teams are lean and therefore heavy workload.

May 13, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thank you for you frank and honest feedback. Over the past year we have worked hard to build high-performing teams to better manage and execute strategies in a very fluid and dynamic business. We ... More

Company really cares about employees and are dedicated for employee wellness

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, CA

I worked at bebe stores full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flex schedule, very good health, dental, vision benefits.

Cons

Compensation below average, promotion may be lacking

May 13, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thank you for the review! We are very proud of our industry leading benefits (check them out at http://benefits.bebe.com) that allow you to save for a sustainable future! This year we implemented ... More

great place to start...not so great to finish

Current Employee - Sales Audit in Brisbane, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Audit in Brisbane, CA

I have been working at bebe stores full-time (more than an year)

Pros

managers are very supportive, on boarding and probation period are great.

Cons

consistent call outs makes work a hassle when having to deal with DM and RM's who make false accusations and then having to spend 2 hours showing them they were wrong

more push back to the field

Terrible management, long and unnecessary hours, underpaid employees

Former Employee - Allocations Analyst in Brisbane, CA
    Former Employee - Allocations Analyst in Brisbane, CA

I worked at bebe stores full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some people were nice, other than that ...Nothing!

Cons

People think they're big shot inside of this company. Working conditions are horrible with small cubicles and old computers that keep crashing and are covered in food crumbs from 10 years ago. Disgusting! Hours are way too long...usually 7 to 7, but a 7am to 9pm and occasional weekends happen too often. It could be a lot better if people could work more efficiently with decent programs and computers and less dramatic self-centered meeting with the little manager. They say the salaries are a bit higher than other retailers but when you count the hours you realize that employees are extremely underpaid. Vacation time sucks as half of it is pre-determined by the company on when you can take it and benefits are not a big deal either. They promise an annual bonus that simply never happens as the goals are impossible to reach, and they know it!

My manager followed what he proudly called a "Fear Style Management" that consisted in constantly terrorizing people about getting fired. No one respected him or admired him, but everybody was afraid of loosing their jobs, so he would take advantage of the situation and offend and humiliate people. He would make his employees do funny things around the office like carry a pile of heavy files for weeks because they once forgot to bring a report to a meeting. He would also take pictures and film people during the meetings and presentation in a very abusive and invasive way, and would also bring up things about your personal life during a review or one to one meeting suggesting that because of this or that you're not performing well. Very freaky!!! Stay away from this company if you like to be respected as a person and as an employee, and if would like to have a good work environment.

I won't waist my time giving any advises. Just wanted to warn people that are looking to get a job at this horrible place... STAY AWAY!!!!

Not a technical role for the Tech-Savvy, steer away for other opportunities

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst/SOS Analyst in Brisbane, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst/SOS Analyst in Brisbane, CA

I worked at bebe stores

Pros

• Employees from other departments are very friendly and sociable
    • HQ location is very pleasant for car users and commuters

Cons

• near zero technical, more warehouse work at the warehouse section of their HQ
    • expect 70 lbs of computer equipment to carry for incoming returned equipment 50% of workday
    • current tech team lacks community - cannot see the spirit, nor the enthusiasm; lack of communication
    • tech department is not fast-paced, cannot identify opportunity for growth
    • current tech inventory management is very disorderly, incoming tsa would have to better their system
    • tech support analyst would have to juggle both warehouse work, phone support, shipping, tech onsite management, inventory, etc. at the same time
    • compensation does not equate enough for the ideal role on detail vs the actual role

Management needs to identify what they lack for their tech department, they need desktop support and tech support at the same time, role does not meet the requirements of a tech support analyst in comparison to fast-paced tech industries in SF and Silicon Valley.