bebe stores Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
bebe stores Chief Executive Officer Jim Wiggett
Jim Wiggett

Pros
  • GREAT discount, if you spend most of your money on clothes anyway the discount is definitely worth it (in 23 reviews)

• 50% discount on all merchandise (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Managers are paid a nice hourly wage while stylists are basically paid minimum wage plus (DPH) dollar per hour commission rate (in 11 reviews)

• Long hours to stand in heels, and lots of clothes in the fitting rooms (in 10 reviews)

Pressure to get people to spend more $$$$$

Former Employee - Stylist in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Stylist in Broomfield, CO

I worked at bebe stores

Pros

Great discount (50% off)
    Fun atmosphere and cute clothes
    Liked most of the managers
    Other stylists were down to earth and friendly
    Pay was OK

Cons

-I felt pressured to constantly force people to be my "client" and shop only with me.
    -You had to make annoying phone calls to your so called "clients" about upcoming promos and sales. About 85% of the time you left voice-mails, and if someone did answer they barely remembered you.
    -I get the concept of add-on sales, but most people don't want to buy their entire outfit at one store, I don't.
    -Location wasn't taken into factor. Unrealistic sales goals (sometimes) when only a handful of people were walking through the doors.
    -Pressure to buy their clothes.

Advice to Management

-Management needs to lead by example: if the rule is "no cell phones on the floor," then don't keep yours hidden in a drawer behind the cash wrap and use it whenever you want.
    -Management went through my personal belongings in back staff room.
    -Had tendencies to "talk down" to others.

Showing 1 of 239 review