bebe stores

Updated November 15, 2014
Updated November 15, 2014
3.1

Jim Wiggett

Pros
  • GREAT discount, if you spend most of your money on clothes anyway the discount is definitely worth it (in 22 reviews)

• Employee discount is probably the most beneficial part of working here (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours, constantly changing store set up (in 10 reviews)

• They pay a management position minimum wage (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Loved the discount!!!

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Stylist in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Stylist in Troy, MI

I worked at bebe stores full-time (more than an year)

Pros

50% discount on all merchandise!

Cons

Very competitive. The staff is usually made up of young catty girls that will do anything to make a sale.

Watch your top earners! Sometimes their success is due to shady practices!

Nov 19, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thanks for the review! Our generous discount is a great way to keep your wardrobe current and is among the best in the mall! Our Stylists are competitive! We provide best in industry training to ... More

A Great Experience!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, CA

I worked at bebe stores full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great People to Work with in the Stores, Field Leadership & Corporate Office team members!

Cons

No longer working as a member of the bebe team!

Best of luck to the company and all team members with the turn around efforts under way! It's a great brand with great people!

Oct 31, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thanks for the review! Sorry to have lost you as part of the bebe family!

Great retail learning experience

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Stylist
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Stylist

I worked at bebe stores part-time

Pros

Awesome employee discount, GREAT learning environment for sales and customer service, fun, glamorous environment, flexible schedules. This is the kind of job for someone with previous retail experience looking to build their portfolio and network AND for those that aspire to move up into management.

Cons

The wage is low, and you get commission but there is a high return rate so you lose that commission very easily. If you work more than part-time (basically a manager), then you may not have a problem; if you are part-time you should just consider the hourly pay. Very independent, competitive sales floor (you better be on your game! and claim your clients quickly before the other associate does)

Oct 31, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thanks for the review! Up to 67% of our leadership team in the stores organization is promoted from within and supported through our Leadership Development Program and Advanced Leadership ... More

Seasonal- Part-Time- Seasonal Again :)

Current Employee - Stylist in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Stylist in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at bebe stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you're comfortable selling and styling outfits for people and meeting high sale goals, this is perfect. Also be comfortable dressing business casual with heels mostly. Their clothing is amazing, pricey... but that is expected even with the discount sometimes.

Cons

It can be a bit overwhelming, the clientele can be frustrating but it is all of what you make of the experience.

Management there is amazing, works with your schedule and keeps the energy high and positive.

Oct 31, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! Keep up the great work providing World Class Customer Service!

Great Part Time For Students

Current Employee - Stylist
    Current Employee - Stylist

I have been working at bebe stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've been a stylist for over a year and a half. The best thing is the that it is part time so I get to go to school and work. Right off the bat, the 50% discount is one of the best in the whole mall. The girls in my store are amazing. The store manager is even better, she is always pushing for more but is considerate when she needs to be. Also, working here made me realize the amount that I loved working with people.

Cons

My biggest complaint is commission. The amount of commission I've gotten in a month is very little (if any at all) and you only get paid minimum wage, which is the reason I'm looking for another job. If you are a stylist, the only way to be promoted is if a manager position opens.

Consider looking at ways to improve commission in lower volume stores. Though DPH commission may work for other high volume stores, it is very disappointing when we sell over a thousand in one week but get no commission because of low sell in the second week or because of the time you spend closing. Other than that, the managers in store are great.

Nov 19, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to write your review! Great feedback on the commission Plan. Hang in there -- we've been dabbling with something new. Look for more info after Holiday!

good for extra cash as student

I have been working at bebe stores

Pros

friendly
    professional
    fashion forward
    advane company
    quality over quantity

Cons

salary
    commission wwas ok
    the hours

engagement with other employees

Nov 19, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thanks for the review! Our flexible scheduling is great for students or another PT job. Check out our Advanced Sales Training to get that extra edge to close the sale and boost your commission!

You're definitely a number

I worked at bebe stores

Pros

Decent discount, absolutely nothing else

Cons

You're literally a number not a human with a job.

Stop being cheap !

Enjoyable job. Not really a career

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hollywood, CA

I have been working at bebe stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun work and 40% off for clothes, happy work environment, interesting clients

Cons

Watch your paycheck closely, the payroll dept isn't very good. Audits usually return you owed money.

Stop hovering over us and let us do our job. Also, please hire younger more fashion conscious managers.

Oct 31, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thanks for the review! You can review your time sheet anytime to make sure it's correct. If you feel like your pay isn't correct please call your Regional HR Manager at 877-bebe-SOS, option #2 and ... More

Sales Associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at bebe stores (less than an year)

Pros

Discount! , upbeat and fun environment , good sales experience . Always something to do , never a dull moment. Always learning about what's in trend and what's not .

Cons

Managers constantly on you about sale goals and they don't give you the time to breath and let you do your job . Rude stuck up customers . Don't get payed enough . Not a lot of hours . There's alot of favoritism between some managers and associates

Higher salaries for the work your expecting out of these woman .

Oct 31, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thanks for the review! I agree -- we do have a great culture at bebe and a very competitive commission plan where you can earn incremental commission rates if you are eligible to join Presidents ... More

Excellent benefits, Great place to work

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at bebe stores full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've been working at the company for 2 and a half year. I started from minimum wage earned commission as a stylist. I got promoted twice last year from a key holder for a month then to a sale manager position. The company has excellent managerial development program. I've learned a lot about the business, selling and clientele business. The company pretty much taught me all about it than other retail stores I worked at previously. All my coworkers are very friendly working as a team.

Cons

If you work at a lower volume store it is hard to earn commission. Very high turn over rate. People come and go all the time in the retail industry. Always experience understaffed. Also being a manager pretty much u need to have completely open schedule. It is hard to work at this job if you're in college and full time.

Oct 31, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thanks for the review and congratulations on your promotions! Career development is very important to us and you have the ability to ascend to DM or RD levels if you choose the stores track or come ... More