bebe stores

Updated December 17, 2014
Updated December 17, 2014
3.2

Jim Wiggett

Pros
  • GREAT discount, if you spend most of your money on clothes anyway the discount is definitely worth it (in 23 reviews)

• Right off the bat, the 50% discount is one of the best in the whole mall (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • They pay a management position minimum wage (in 11 reviews)

• long hours, constantly changing store set up (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing Experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, CA

I have been working at bebe stores full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

bebe offers an opportunity for diverse and progressive experience in a talented entrepreneurial environment with competitive compensation and outstanding benefits package; opportunity for career growth; development opportunities to acquire a breadth experience; a strong and accomplished leadership team; ability to be effective in my job and directly impact business; and a collegial and respectful work environment.

Cons

It's been a year of transition but confident we have reached an inflection point.

Keep fostering and nurturing our Culture of transparency, recognition and leadership, and continue to live our Values

Dec 23, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thanks for the review!

Great place to work

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at bebe stores part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fun work environment, excellent discounts and perks

Cons

Numbers driven, little promotion available

Dec 17, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thanks for the review. Five years is a fantastic milestone -- thank you for your contributions! Almost half of our Sales Managers are promoted from within if you have full time availability or if ... More

Sylist

Former Employee - SYLIST in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - SYLIST in Troy, MI

I worked at bebe stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Does not feel like work! Who doesn't love to help people find clothes for events/every day!

Cons

Most positions are commission based so it does get competitive at times

Need to make set rules when certain situations arrives

Dec 17, 2014SVP Human Resources

Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life...as the saying goes! Thanks for the review!

I felt like I was not given antiquate training, and judged too early.

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Stylist in Emeryville, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Stylist in Emeryville, CA

I worked at bebe stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The Styles are amazing, always fierce

Cons

This Company doesn't reflect the moral principles dignified enough to encompass the rash reality that sexist personalities employ the inner floors the these stores.

Don't be so judgmental, try not to have "Cliques", work better with the weakest link instead of allow yourself to get frustrated. Be a bit more patient and try not to underestimate someone because they are different or have different sales tactics. Learn to work with them to build on their strongest attributes, instead of looking on them as flaws just because they are not your methods. Lastly, one shouldn't be led to believe that while employed, that they were ally-less.

Dec 17, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to write your review and I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience. While I don't understand your comment under "cons", I would encourage you to contact your regional HR ... More

It was lackluster office environment.

I worked at bebe stores full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Immediate co-workers are great to work with. Senior management, not so much.

Cons

Office politics are a constant. New ideas fall on deaf ears. Money spent on pet projects and not what will move workflow into the next century.

Listen to what others are telling you about the office environment and actually use that knowledge.

Dec 17, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thanks for taking time to write a review of your time here at bebe. I wish you had included some actionable specifics about how we could improve our business outcomes or the employment experience ... More

Loved the discount!!!

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Stylist in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Stylist in Troy, MI

I worked at bebe stores full-time (more than an year)

Pros

50% discount on all merchandise!

Cons

Very competitive. The staff is usually made up of young catty girls that will do anything to make a sale.

Watch your top earners! Sometimes their success is due to shady practices!

Nov 19, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thanks for the review! Our generous discount is a great way to keep your wardrobe current and is among the best in the mall! Our Stylists are competitive! We provide best in industry training to ... More

Great Part Time For Students

Current Employee - Stylist
    Current Employee - Stylist

I have been working at bebe stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've been a stylist for over a year and a half. The best thing is the that it is part time so I get to go to school and work. Right off the bat, the 50% discount is one of the best in the whole mall. The girls in my store are amazing. The store manager is even better, she is always pushing for more but is considerate when she needs to be. Also, working here made me realize the amount that I loved working with people.

Cons

My biggest complaint is commission. The amount of commission I've gotten in a month is very little (if any at all) and you only get paid minimum wage, which is the reason I'm looking for another job. If you are a stylist, the only way to be promoted is if a manager position opens.

Consider looking at ways to improve commission in lower volume stores. Though DPH commission may work for other high volume stores, it is very disappointing when we sell over a thousand in one week but get no commission because of low sell in the second week or because of the time you spend closing. Other than that, the managers in store are great.

Nov 19, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to write your review! Great feedback on the commission Plan. Hang in there -- we've been dabbling with something new. Look for more info after Holiday!

Great retail learning experience

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Stylist
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Stylist

I worked at bebe stores part-time

Pros

Awesome employee discount, GREAT learning environment for sales and customer service, fun, glamorous environment, flexible schedules. This is the kind of job for someone with previous retail experience looking to build their portfolio and network AND for those that aspire to move up into management.

Cons

The wage is low, and you get commission but there is a high return rate so you lose that commission very easily. If you work more than part-time (basically a manager), then you may not have a problem; if you are part-time you should just consider the hourly pay. Very independent, competitive sales floor (you better be on your game! and claim your clients quickly before the other associate does)

Oct 31, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thanks for the review! Up to 67% of our leadership team in the stores organization is promoted from within and supported through our Leadership Development Program and Advanced Leadership ... More

A Great Experience!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, CA

I worked at bebe stores full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great People to Work with in the Stores, Field Leadership & Corporate Office team members!

Cons

No longer working as a member of the bebe team!

Best of luck to the company and all team members with the turn around efforts under way! It's a great brand with great people!

Oct 31, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thanks for the review! Sorry to have lost you as part of the bebe family!

Seasonal- Part-Time- Seasonal Again :)

Current Employee - Stylist in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Stylist in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at bebe stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you're comfortable selling and styling outfits for people and meeting high sale goals, this is perfect. Also be comfortable dressing business casual with heels mostly. Their clothing is amazing, pricey... but that is expected even with the discount sometimes.

Cons

It can be a bit overwhelming, the clientele can be frustrating but it is all of what you make of the experience.

Management there is amazing, works with your schedule and keeps the energy high and positive.

Oct 31, 2014SVP Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! Keep up the great work providing World Class Customer Service!