bebe stores Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Unprofessional executives who don't work fridays...ever.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at bebe stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bebe is a great company and brand in many ways. The hours, benefits and people are amazing. The new CEO is the best thing to happen to bebe in a long time. When you are lucky enough to have a supportive boss it's a great place to be.

Cons

There is a very clear clique in leadership amongst design and production. If you are a whistle blower you might as well find another job. It's surprising if the CEO hasn't already figured that out. Most employees only hope is his transparency and goal to make the company better every day. I hear it everyday. Process is almost non existent and everyone operates at the extreme last minute due to unorganized and lack luster leadership. When I questioned it to my supervisor I was told thats the "bebe way". Even they seemed brainwashed by it. Everyone is beyond scared to tell it like it is. New ideas fall deaf on ears and it's hard to get anything done on time when VPs only come in the office 4 days a week...if that. I've never seen anything like it in my career. Its difficult to work for someone who is cold and thinks they are above working with the team. Maybe if there was more passion and intelligence in leadership the business would show that. If you happen to be on a smaller team with a better business you have the worst seat in the house. Immediate target. It's a truly sadly ran operation and there is no reason for it to be that way. It's simple really. If you are direct and honest this isn't the place for you. This clique runs on cattiness, drama and securing that big paycheck. I hope the CEO makes big waves and and brings in leaders who lead.

Advice to Management

Look a little closer. It's all right there staring at you. No one has trust. See above.

2. No growth

I have been working at bebe stores full-time

Pros

Gained great management skills and how to run a business

Cons

No room for growth and work so hard without any reward

3. My experience was a huge learning experience.

I have been working at bebe stores part-time

Pros

You get 50% off the clothes Interacting with the clients Young clientele

Cons

Way too strict. Watch you like a hawk

Advice to Management

Advancement within the company first.

Apr 24, 2015 – SVP Human Resources

Thanks for the review and I'm glad you are enjoying being a part of bebe! More than 50% of our leadership teams in stores are actually promoted from within so make sure your manager knows that's the ... More

5. Not what I thought

Former Employee - Stylist in Brea, CA
    Former Employee - Stylist in Brea, CA

I worked at bebe stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All employee got 50% off clothing family 30% off clothing worked with your schedule

Cons

On your feet all the time hours constantly cut your commission went down if you were closing!!!

Advice to Management

My manager was very nice helped out and was very encouraging and called you out were could better your selling skills etc.

6. personal stylist

Former Employee - Stylist/Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Stylist/Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at bebe stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interacting with people and building a close bond with valued customers

Cons

Constant competition with Co workers

Stylist

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Pros

The discount, styling clients and music

Cons

Minimum wage, hard to make commission, crappy boss

Advice to Management

Learn how to value your employees!!!

8. Stylist

Former Employee - Stylist in Miami, FL

I worked at bebe stores (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee discount, nice clothes, and you get to learn selling skills and learn what is clientele service.

Cons

Given the worst hours because I'm not one of the manager's favorites, co-workers especially the "top producers" who earn 7% in commission like to steal clients from you, they like to gossip about you too, and basically just a lot of drama from the co-workers.

Advice to Management

HIRE BETTER PEOPLE. They're so fake and ridiculous and even the managers!

You don't just become a stylist, you become part of a family.

Current Employee - Stylist
    Current Employee - Stylist

I have been working at bebe stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bebe thrives itself on making their employee's feel at home. I'm a male stylist, the only male stylist at my store and I cannot express how comfortable I feel working along women and selling women's clothing. Management truly cares about you and they make sure you are comfortable in the store. Bebe is also unique for their 5% commission pay, it's hard to find a clothing store in my area that pays commission. In my area the clients are lovely, we thrive to treat them with the most respect and really work hard to make sure they buy only the things they love. Management really has their minds focused to the goal and that goal is creating clientele. You get to make close friends with your coworkers and clients and if you work there long enough and if you are sincere with them they'll return the respect, especially your coworkers. They'll make sure you get the sale if its on hold under your name and make sure to help you out with your clients if your a little busy.

Cons

Unfortunately with commission pay comes greed, and with greed comes stylists that can and will steal your sale. This really only happens during and big sale event or holidays, but it really makes you feel betrayed. If you are busy with multiple clients and you cannot ring one of your clients up somebody will usually ring them up for you and even if they don't know you were helping them they would usually ask or you would tell them beforehand. But there are people who do not do this and it is upsetting to say the least. If there is a long line they will stay at the register and just place the sale under there number and earn the sale, then you're left wondering how they sold $3,000 and you only sold half of that when you had more than double the clients. Also the company urges the management to sell even though they do not earn commission just so that the company can save money (they save 18% annually if I'm not mistaken). If management doesn't reach their sale goals they will get written up and punished for letting the stylists earn their money. Its unfair to management to sell unnecessarily and unfair to the stylists who miss out on clients who buy. There is no reason why a manager should have $2,000 and a stylist only has $780.

Advice to Management

Work on a format that can prevent stylists from stealing sales like staying by the register and putting it under our name when it gets busy instead of worrying about making your own sales that earn your nothing.

Apr 24, 2015 – SVP Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review and be a part of our family! Keep your eyes out -- we've been working on a commission plan I think you might like...more coming soon ... More

10. Sales associate

I have been working at bebe stores part-time

Pros

Great money and great managers

Cons

Hours are hard to get

Thanks for the review!

11. Stylist

Former Employee - Stylist in Miami, FL

Pros

The 50% discount and even that's not enough!

Cons

They don't care about there employees it's all politics with this company. As long as you bring in the numbers the company praises you! When you don't the take away your hours. Meaning no shifts no money! Stylist through this company gets there hours based off there "DPH" if you don't make that dollar per hour. You get no hours. During closing hours They make you stay to mop sweep, windex fixtures like maids! And once the doors close you are no longer officially making money. Meaning your DPH drops and you lose money! One of the worst companies to work for!

Advice to Management

Sympathize with your employees. Be flexible Learn how to deal under pressure. Stop gossiping.

RSS Feed </> Embed