benefitsCONNECT Reviews

2.3
Troy R. Underwood

1. Thankful!

I have been working at benefitsCONNECT

Pros

I've been with the company for many years now and I've been very fortunate to be a part of the significant growth we've experienced in the last few years. It is an exciting, fast paced and dynamic company that thrives with can-do attitudes. We are empowered to succeed in every facet and I truly love being a part of this team. The Mgmt team, especially the CEO, truly believes in promoting from within. I've been given so many opportunities that has allowed me to grow professionally, and to develop my career.
    As employees, we are truly spoiled in terms of perks; from head/neck/shoulder massages and a fully stocked kitchen to flexible work schedules, free car washes and gym memberships! I highly recommend bC as a place of employment.

Cons

There are some employees that take advantage and don't appreciate the companies generosity.

Don't bother....

I have been working at benefitsCONNECT

Pros

Awesome co-workers, cool office, great benefits

Cons

CEO is terrible and treats his employees like they are small and completely replaceable. Everyone avoids him as much as possible as you never know when it will be your day to be yelled at or belittled in front of your colleagues. IF this company could get rid of him this would be one of the most awesome places to work as he is really the only problem.

Advice to Management

Continue to protect your employees as much as you can from the CEO. He is completely inappropriate, rude, and condescending and the sole reason turnover at this company is out of control.

Think Twice

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at benefitsCONNECT full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are some great people that care about the work. Some nice perks, but doesn't outweigh the negative aspects. Location of office is convenient. VP of Sales knows what he's doing - just needs others to get out of his way.

Cons

Work environment is lacking. Lack of enough sales staff to properly grow the company. CEO leads by fear, intimidation and belittling others - needs to develop some people skills. Thinks everyone else in the industry is stupid. Has a real "Steve Jobs Complex" ... But he's NO Steve Jobs! Every expense is scrutinized and lack of any real budget to allow growth. Focused on trade shows that don't drive revenue, but allows CEO to travel. High turnover every year - I am starting to look and so are others.

Advice to Management

Hopefully someone will buy the company and top leadership will change sooner rather than later. Let the leaders lead and the CEO needs to get out of the minutiae and concentrate on overall strategy. Allow the people you hire to do their jobs.

benefitsCONNECT Photos