benugo

2.2

benugo Managing Director Guy Kellner
Guy Kellner

working at evening events

I have been working at benugo part-time

Pros

A big range of young foreign people, not only English citizens.
    The managers are really nice, and are always taking care about you (if you get food, water...). You have the opportunity to make progress and get a good place in the team.
    The salary is really good, 7.49, and the best thing is the timetable, as you can choose when you want to work

Cons

Some people wasn't very happy with the working hours, but before attending an event you already know how long will it take.

Positive

Former Employee - Team Member in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Team Member in London, England (UK)

I worked at benugo full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very international team, guys from all over Europe and beyond. Everyone is friendly, spent a lot of time out of work with my colleagues. Supportive teamleaders.

Cons

Quite high turnover but some people have been in a team for over a year. Some people were complaining about payslip inaccuracy, not sure about mine. All seem correct. Top management do not seem to be very friendly.

HELL THE WORST PLACE I'VE EVER WORKED. DO NOT WORK HERE!!! NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM.

Current Employee - Staff in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Staff in London, England (UK)

I have been working at benugo

Pros

My colleagues are decent people.

Cons

The Managers are arrogant, they pay you peanuts for the hardwork that you do without a thanks, breaks to short, dirty unclean environment, disgusting food in the canteen. Hours being cut.....No benefits no pay rise £6.30 to start . No Promotion or Progression. PEOPLE SPEAKING IN THEIR LANGUAGE ALL THE TIME IN FRONT OF YOU.

Fire all the managers and Team Leaders especially from GREEN ZONE., Get in a more mixed staff range ie More Brits, Stop people speaking their Languages all the time instead of ENGLISH.

work like a horse

Former Employee - Section Leader in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Section Leader in London, England (UK)

I worked at benugo

Pros

Free drinks and discounted food

Cons

wages- far to low for the amount of work expected from employees
    job satisfaction- no one ever say thank you for your job, instead they push more and try to make people think that they should be grateful for this job
    management: without education, without passion, without manners, don't respect employees
    cutting hours and working short of staff is the everyday issue
    LIES about fresh and healthy food

disappear from the market

Horror

Former Employee - Floor in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Floor in London, England (UK)

I worked at benugo full-time

Pros

few: young, interesting people in the crew, free cofee, nice locations (parks, museums etc.)

Cons

No respect for any employee, they treat you like a rubish. From my own experience: if your team leader wont like you he will send you to clean the toilets every single day even though you are employed as a waiter. They use coarse and simple ways of humiliation. Once someone gets promotion he starts to bully his former colleagues. You are not supposed to express any objections to your manager at all. Oh, and you always have to smile when you are at work. Benugo is a really poor job and it is much better to spend some time finding another place to work.

realise that XIX century is over, change your attitude to employees entirely

My own experience

Current Employee - Barista, Junior Team Leader in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Barista, Junior Team Leader in London, England (UK)

I have been working at benugo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great staff, nice discounts and some really good places.

Cons

Depends on the place, some of the staff they are having not many hours because they are quiet and the management still recruiting people. Some things are unbeliable on this company.

GMs and Managers should know properly their own employers before to say something (good or wrong) about them.

Horrible

Former Employee - Barista, Junior Team Leader in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Barista, Junior Team Leader in London, England (UK)

I worked at benugo full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I was gona say free food but you have to be lucky they did it right.

Cons

Where do i start here? Salary is a misery and you have to do a thousand tasks in very little time so basically you are not able to do anything the way it should be done. That include food, serving and cleaning. Only 30 minutes break on a 8 hours shift. Feels like slavery. Management changes every 6 months and the new manager decides to change everything because they can. Not because it improves service, but only because they are the managers and they can. And you should be very, very afraid of expressing your point of view. Managers in Benugo tend to be unqualified for their positions. They have no respect for the employees, who are treated with contempt and have to do as they are told at all times. They make a pariah of you if you dare to not bow to every single word they say and you are very lucky not to get bullied every single day. No patience to deal with problems. But if you are the manager's protégé, you just have to move around leaving unfinished work to someone else. At the induction of the company, Mr Guy Kellner said to the group in person, and i could not forget it because it shocked me so much: "I do not care if you go back home after work and cry on your pillow because you are depressed. While you are working for us, I expect you to smile." Well Mr Kellner, you warned me, I give you that.

Sell the business to someone competent.

Underpayed

Former Employee - Waiter in London, England (UK)

I worked at benugo full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A very friendly atmosphere and good flexibility with the working hours.

Cons

Totally underpayed, the service charge goes to the company, they try and steal any pennies to the employees, take ages before they first pay and steal money from the last payment.

Managers disrespect the staff and the upper managers trust their judgement.

You should pay more attention to your staff as proper human beings and not as numbers on paper that you can steal.

Team member

Current Employee - Team Member in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Team Member in London, England (UK)

I have been working at benugo full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You can work some of famous Museum, and Bank in London. and get some free drink and food.

Cons

Manager are not fair in the venue. Always need to care about their face. it was too much.

Easy to get job, no need reference, no CV.
    Lots of people from oversea who never work in UK get job in this company.

Dissapointing

Former Employee - Waiter in London, England (UK)

I worked at benugo full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Daytime only in some of their sites. That's about the main pro of working for them. No evenings, no double shifts, no having to deal with drunks. Also, they provide meal on shift, and a 30 minutes break, which I thought was very generous, all things considered.

Cons

Don't expect to be trained. Managers are completely clueless, and can't deal with pressure. You never know on which foot to dance. Lack a professional touch. The work for money ratio is below average. You will be paid the minimum they can legally pay you, and be worked to an inch of your life.

Train your staff. Hire more staff. Train your managers, or at least hire some with people skills. Make the job interesting, either financially, or through other means. Biggest turn out I've seen in 10 years within the industry.

benugo Photos

Benugo, Fitzrovia (Photo thanks to Flickr user Ewan Munro, Some Rights Reserved)
Benugo, Clerkenwell (Photo thanks to Flickr user Ewan Munro, Some Rights Reserved)

+ Add Photo