benugo Reviews

2.1

benugo Managing Director Guy Kellner
Guy Kellner

My own experience

Current Employee - Barista, Junior Team Leader  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Barista, Junior Team Leader in London, England (UK)

I have been working at benugo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great staff, nice discounts and some really good places.

Cons

Depends on the place, some of the staff they are having not many hours because they are quiet and the management still recruiting people. Some things are unbeliable on this company.

GMs and Managers should know properly their own employers before to say something (good or wrong) about them.

Horrible

Former Employee - Barista, Junior Team Leader  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Barista, Junior Team Leader in London, England (UK)

I worked at benugo full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was gona say free food but you have to be lucky they did it right.

Cons

Where do i start here? Salary is a misery and you have to do a thousand tasks in very little time so basically you are not able to do anything the way it should be done. That include food, serving and cleaning. Only 30 minutes break on a 8 hours shift. Feels like slavery. Management changes every 6 months and the new manager decides to change everything because they can. Not because it improves service, but only because they are the managers and they can. And you should be very, very afraid of expressing your point of view. Managers in Benugo tend to be unqualified for their positions. They have no respect for the employees, who are treated with contempt and have to do as they are told at all times. They make a pariah of you if you dare to not bow to every single word they say and you are very lucky not to get bullied every single day. No patience to deal with problems. But if you are the manager's protégé, you just have to move around leaving unfinished work to someone else. At the induction of the company, Mr Guy Kellner said to the group in person, and i could not forget it because it shocked me so much: "I do not care if you go back home after work and cry on your pillow because you are depressed. While you are working for us, I expect you to smile." Well Mr Kellner, you warned me, I give you that.

Sell the business to someone competent.

Underpayed

Former Employee - Waiter  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Waiter in London, England (UK)

I worked at benugo full-time for more than a year

Pros

A very friendly atmosphere and good flexibility with the working hours.

Cons

Totally underpayed, the service charge goes to the company, they try and steal any pennies to the employees, take ages before they first pay and steal money from the last payment.

Managers disrespect the staff and the upper managers trust their judgement.

You should pay more attention to your staff as proper human beings and not as numbers on paper that you can steal.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Team member

Current Employee - Team Member  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Team Member in London, England (UK)

I have been working at benugo full-time for less than a year

Pros

You can work some of famous Museum, and Bank in London. and get some free drink and food.

Cons

Manager are not fair in the venue. Always need to care about their face. it was too much.

Easy to get job, no need reference, no CV.
    Lots of people from oversea who never work in UK get job in this company.

Dissapointing

Former Employee - Waiter  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Waiter in London, England (UK)

I worked at benugo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Daytime only in some of their sites. That's about the main pro of working for them. No evenings, no double shifts, no having to deal with drunks. Also, they provide meal on shift, and a 30 minutes break, which I thought was very generous, all things considered.

Cons

Don't expect to be trained. Managers are completely clueless, and can't deal with pressure. You never know on which foot to dance. Lack a professional touch. The work for money ratio is below average. You will be paid the minimum they can legally pay you, and be worked to an inch of your life.

Train your staff. Hire more staff. Train your managers, or at least hire some with people skills. Make the job interesting, either financially, or through other means. Biggest turn out I've seen in 10 years within the industry.

Positive

I have been working at benugo full-time

Pros

People values are top priority

Cons

Room to improve reward levels

No feedback to share here

Great people to work with

Former Employee - Team Leader  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Team Leader in London, England (UK)

I worked at benugo

Pros

There's no getting away from the fact that work in this industry is hard. However there are some great people to work with at operations level. HQ allows a certain amount of independence for each unit which is important whilst still providing the "standard". To reach that standard the more individual restaurants are allowed a certain amount of leeway which is fair enough.
    Pay is not too great, it did get better for me quickly. I was reviewed fairly and promoted quickly which was the principal reason for me staying.

Cons

Hours can be erratic
    Some systems dont work as well at the large scale level
    Bit of a revolving door. This creates a certain tired attitude from older staff who have to deal with new faces all the time. Nature of the business though.

I found the enthusiasm for periodic reviews waned after a period. I think they are important for all full time employees to provide a proper professional forum for issues or indeed praise.

benugo is a young company with a massive growth potential but the lack o knowledge and interest make this company a fail

Current Employee - Management Level  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Management Level in London, England (UK)

I have been working at benugo

Pros

lay back management stile
    good coffee
    good food

Cons

authocarcy from senior management
    senior management with no leadership, motivational ,OB experience whatsoever
    internal opportunities given to favorites only,
    all staff bellow ops management level seems as unqualified , unexperienced, so no opportunities for new managers or potential new entrants

pleasechange before is too late.....

Catering

Current Employee - General Manager  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - General Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at benugo

Pros

Flexibility as there is no communications between managers and op manager

Cons

brown noses and favorites getting quicker on top ant than the easy life starts

Change, please change!!!!!
    benugo is not a one man band anymore

Worked for benugo? Contribute to the Community!