blinkx

Updated October 5, 2014
Updated October 5, 2014

blinkx CEO S. Brian Mukherjee
S. Brian Mukherjee

Pros
  • Good compensation, good benefits, flexible hours and good opportunities for advancement (in 6 reviews)

• They also provide free snacks/beverages and do a staff lunch every Thursday which is generous of them (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Worst senior management team (at least from engineering perspective) I've ever worked with (in 7 reviews)

• There is no one leading the company (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company!

Current Employee - Software Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great working environment with flexible work life balance, which is good for my family life. Good pay and benefits. I really feel part of the team, and it was clear my work is appreciated and my hard efforts do go rewarded.

I have found my team leaders/management to be both responsive and helpful. So am not sure why so many reviews here are so negative.

Blinkx has many exciting products and is being well lead by senior management (even if the current mood of investors is very negative towards the company, it is not so for those of us working here).

Cons

Expect employees to work hard. So if this is not you then you may find life hard.

Keep up the good work. I expect our hard work will bear fruit shortly.

Oct 10, 2014Human Resources

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear you feel part of the team! We strive to create a great team that works together. Our challenges make us stronger and as you ... More

Great company going places

Current Employee - Snack Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Snack Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at blinkx full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Really dynamic place, it is clear there is something going on behind the scenes. No one overly concerned about the latest results and are looking at the future.

Cons

The snacks are not that good, you coudl always do with longer holidays and I wish I had more options because they are going to be worth loads soon

Keep it up we are all behind you. The best company I have ever worked for and I started Apple witht hose other two guys.

Oct 10, 2014Human Resources

Thank you so much for your review! You are a blinkx rockstar with over 10 years tenure! Blinkx is committed to continuing to develop a work environment that is diverse, collaborative, and encouraging ... More

Lot's of autonomy and perfect job for the self-starter who doesn't need a lot of supervision

I have been working at blinkx

Pros

there's a lot of ears open when you voice your opinion. You have the freedom to really branch out and take on whatever role you'd like to take. If you have initiative, you can pull in other employees from other departments or divisions to really make a difference..

Cons

The industry is very fast face and ever changing. Sometimes it's difficult to keep up with all the changes.

Keep looking out for the A players who are looking to take on more, and make sure they're recognized and noticed for their contributions.

Jul 15, 2014Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your employment with blinkx.

Blinkx/Prime Visibility review

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

I worked at blinkx full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Smart, hard working co-workers. Great benefits. Awesome leadership, great vision.

Cons

Can't think of any.

Keep up the great work. Great culture, happy employees. Move forward on the 401k match.

Jul 10, 2014Human Resources

Thank you for your perspective and the time you took to share your views about blinkx !

Overall a forward thinking company

I have been working at blinkx full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work! Everyone really has a sense of ownership and direction, and the company embraces this work ethic. Lots of opportunity if one has the drive.

Cons

Company has grown pretty quickly, and feel like maybe some eggs are spread too thin, but otherwise, overall management is working towards better growth

A growing company with great opportunities

Current Employee - Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at blinkx full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at blinkx for almost three years now. I have learned so much and really advanced in my career. You can make the position your own and take on new projects, as the company has grown a lot in the past few years. You work with people from multiple offices and continue to learn new things every day.

Cons

The challenge of working at blinkx is keeping self-motivated. You are not micro-managed and you must be proactive at all times.

I trust the senior leadership team is continuously working to make blinkx a better business ! I love working with a team that challenges me and helps me grow.

Good place to work

I have been working at blinkx full-time

Pros

Good compensation, good benefits, flexible hours and good opportunities for advancement. Overall a very good place to work.

Cons

More collaboration between divisions would be helpful.

One of Blinkx's great strength is the diversity of its divisions, we should try to leverage that more and take advantage of each others skills and technologies.

Great place of employment!

Current Employee - Billing & Revenue Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Billing & Revenue Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great work environment, approachable management, co-workers great to work with.

Cons

I currently do not have any cons for the company. Great place to work, great people to work with.

Great place to work !

Current Employee - Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at blinkx full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people, start up vibe with corporate resources. As we grow we continue to take on new and challenging projects. Its been an awesome work experience ! Always learning new things and never bored.

Cons

You are expected to be "on" and available at all times. However this is rewarded with great company events and outings. Work hard , play hard attitude !

I appreciate our All Hand Meetings keeping all employee's up to date with the business.

Great company to work for!

I have been working at blinkx

Pros

There's growth within the company. Everyone here are really friendly and willing to help one another. Since this is a start-up environment, you will have many opportunities to work with different team in this company

Cons

check in weekly with the employee would be nice

keep up the monthly meeting to let employees know what this company have achieved the past month