blinkx Reviews

Updated July 31, 2014
3.1

blinkx CEO S. Brian Mukherjee
S. Brian Mukherjee

Pros
  • laid back atmosphere, good benefits, competitive salary (in 5 reviews)

• They also provide free snacks/beverages and do a staff lunch every Thursday which is generous of them (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Worst senior management team (at least from engineering perspective) I've ever worked with (in 7 reviews)

• There is no one leading the company (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Easily the most laid back and self-rewarding company I've worked at

Current Employee - Senior Inventory Manager  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Inventory Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at blinkx full-time for less than a year

Pros

Blinkx is a company that is both fiscally stable and maintains a roster of the smartest people in the industry. It's the type of company where you are rewarded for your production/input. The pay, benefits, and company culture is amazing, and is almost too fun at times.

You have the potential to earn more than any other company I've seen, and those efforts are noticed...Brian knows my name personally and what I've contributed. He seems to go out of his way to make sure personally knows everyone possible open door policy at all times. If you come in with the right attitude, you'll be compensated far beyond what I've seen any other ad network or entertainment company

Also, NBA Jam Tournament Edition is an excellent thing to have in any office

Cons

Like any company that leaves your experience and compensation entirely in your hands, you have a mix of attitudes - war heroes, gossip/social butterfly types, disgruntled about expected earnings, sharks, "class clowns," etc (typical 8 types of employee mindsets).

If you're the type of person who isn't self-motivated and willing to make your position your personal business...it might not be the place for you. My role is one that basically makes me a business within a business, and I couldn't be happier about

A lot of the posts that are negative seem to be from people who came in expecting to get the A treatment regardless of their work, or felt micromanaged during their tenure.

Keep the company culture as is, and continue down the path we're on.

Best place I have ever worked

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at blinkx full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Since my first day, my voice has had the same weight as everyone else, regardless of position. This company consistently hires the most talented people they can find which has enabled us to grow at a record pace over the past 2 years. Everyone in our office is always happy and loves being a part of the team and culture we've created together.

Cons

Need to develop more specific teams for each initiative so they can continue to get the attention they deserve without losing steam

Continue to hire the best in the industry

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at blinkx full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Being able to speak to anyone at anytime is great. If there is ever a problem everybody is available to solve the problem quickly. The office is like my extended family and most employes have been here for over 5 years. We have a fully stocked kitchen and great insurance.

Cons

401k could be improved with Blinkx matching a certain percentage.

More comfortable chairs and a dishwasher would be great.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Innovative Company, Best Staff in the Business

Current Employee - Director of CPC & Display  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Director of CPC & Display in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at blinkx full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are very few companies where you never have to worry about bureaucracy. The new hire who is just learning the space has a voice at the same table as the CEO. There is never a dull moment and you are constantly challenged by your peers, your superiors, and internally. There is a reason why most of the employees have been here for years. At Blinkx we are more like a family and each of us take pride in adding to the success of this great company.

Cons

This job requires you to always be on top of your job. The internet never shuts down and neither do we.

More comfortable chairs.

Terrible place to work

Former Employee - Sales  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at blinkx full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the people are good to work with.

Cons

No communication - upper management shares nothing.

See above.

good place to learn/grow

I have been working at blinkx full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

laid back atmosphere, good benefits, competitive salary

Cons

Confusion on what exactly the products are and how they work (if they work?). With recent acquirement of Burst, there is various new roles that need to be played for your position which is aggravating/confusing. It will take time for this to smooth out.

Need to be more flexible with employees work hours. Should be allowed to work from home as long as job is getting done and there should be summer hours on Fridays (like most companies of this type in SF).

Fun, collaborative environment filled with intelligent people

I have been working at blinkx full-time for less than a year

Pros

blinkx so far has lived up to all of the expectations that I had for it. It is rare to find a company that is able to accurately articulate the type of work environment and culture that is present there, and even rarer still to find a company that delivers exactly what they said they would. Employees have a lot of opportunity, right from the start, to make significant contributions to projects and the company. Success seems to be measured by results. Micro-management doesn't slap you in the face everyday. Each employee can leave work feeling like they've contributed something. Great location in downtown SF, right near the Embarcadero.

Cons

blinkx, for the most part has not been an early adopter of new technologies. However, some of the new projects are/will be using technologies that are on the bleeding edge. It seems like that trend is turning around.

The company doesn't have immediate name recognition with some people, but I do honestly feel that soon blinkx will be a household name.

Keep the website fresh, implementing new technologies along the way as they fit into the bigger picture. Most companies these days are redesigning their sites every 1-2 years, even if it mainly cosmetic. Launch a social media campaign, and maintain a presence and following on social media sites like FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+. Right now social media campaign = non-existent. Build the hype!

Rollercoaster Ride - but a good one

I have been working at blinkx

Pros

Faced paced, high reward work environment. Co-workers are no nonsense, smart and hard working. Company is growing fast, creating lots of opportunity for advancement.

Cons

blinkx is growing so fast that the support infrastructure is having trouble keeping pace. The company needs to focus on how to make the transition from a small organization to a mid-size company.

Improve companywide communication channels. With the hyper growth that's taken place over the last year management needs to do a better job of communicating to the various business units. Improved communication will help the various business units understand what each other are doing and provide more opportunity for collaboration.

A decent place to start, but not to grow.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at blinkx

Pros

There is a fair amount of flexibility with working hours and I've had a good balance with my work/personal life. I've received promotions and have learned a lot.

Cons

Information is not provided very openly. Senior management is not supportive of employees sharing ideas or making suggestions about the progress of the company.

Fear based management doesn't produce results and it doesn't make your employees respect you. Don't expect people to have trust in you when you make decisions that don't seem to be well thought out.

Worst Job Ever

I have been working at blinkx

Pros

My peers were top quality. Everyone was competent and good at their jobs. They all left and got better jobs elsewhere.

Cons

Terrible management. They yell and cuss at others in the office. They have no direction other than to do what they can to make good press releases.

Management needs to relax and let people do their jobs properly. Try to actually develop a real product rather than "do deals" that sound good in press releases.

Worked for blinkx? Contribute to the Community!