blinkx Reviews

Reset
3.8
blinkx CEO S. Brian Mukherjee
S. Brian Mukherjee

Pros
  • Good benefits, paid holidays, vacation time (in 6 reviews)

• The free snacks are nice, and there are some occasionally smart people in the mix at the mid level management and below (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Worst senior management team (at least from engineering perspective) I've ever worked with (in 7 reviews)

• There is no one leading the company (in 6 reviews)

Great Company!

Current Employee - Software Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great working environment with flexible work life balance, which is good for my family life. Good pay and benefits. I really feel part of the team, and it was clear my work is appreciated and my hard efforts do go rewarded.

I have found my team leaders/management to be both responsive and helpful. So am not sure why so many reviews here are so negative.

Blinkx has many exciting products and is being well lead by senior management (even if the current mood of investors is very negative towards the company, it is not so for those of us working here).

Cons

Expect employees to work hard. So if this is not you then you may find life hard.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I expect our hard work will bear fruit shortly.

blinkx Response

Oct 10, 2014Human Resources

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear you feel part of the team! We strive to create a great team that works together. Our challenges make us stronger and as you ... More

2. how is it to work at blinkx

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

convinient, nice location, great office space

Cons

salary, stock in really bad state

blinkx Response

Jul 23, 2014Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoy the office environment. We are always open to additional feedback. Please feel free to reach out to blinkxcares@blinkx.com and an HR ... More

3. A growing company with nice perks!

Former Contractor - Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Contractor - Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at blinkx as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Very nice people (for the most part), they are doing a fantastic job in their industry and just seem to be getting better and better. Clean office with plenty of supplies, and a great view. Free snacks!

Cons

My supervisor was never one to appreciate my hard work and was very unhelpful. She didn't want to train me, so it was very autonomous. And as an admin you're very separated from the rest of the group.

Advice to Management

Evaluate all of your employees, even the ones who have been with the company a while, to see what they bring to the table.

Great place of employment!

Current Employee - Billing & Revenue Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Billing & Revenue Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, approachable management, co-workers great to work with.

Cons

I currently do not have any cons for the company. Great place to work, great people to work with.

Worst professional experience of career.

Former Employee - Directory of Engineering in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Directory of Engineering in San Francisco, CA

I worked at blinkx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A few very nice people there, people I respected and wanted to work with.

Cons

Worst senior management team (at least from engineering perspective) I've ever worked with. No product vision or direction, tons of micro management. IMO, most of company is made up of C and D players. Very few high performers. My sentiments were not alone, this is a feeling at least some employees I worked with have themselves. Most telling fact, my contact at the company quit the same week I joined. This should have tipped me off that it was not a great place.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes to what's really going on and who is making decisions.

Average Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at blinkx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's nice for working your straight eight hours and going home. There isn't much motivation to work extra or contribute more. Your coworkers you work with on a day to day basis are nice.

Cons

Blinkx doesn't create anything truly innovative or ground breaking on the tech side. There aren't many perks if at all for working there. This isn't an environment for you if you're looking to learn and grow. There isn't many areas to advance to.

Advice to Management

Please talk to your employees and care about them more.

Internship Review

Current Intern - Corp Dev Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Current Intern - Corp Dev Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is extremely nice, and more than willing to walk me through their areas of expertise or give me a hand in an area i am unsure in. . The general attitude of all the employees is very positive and everyone seems very energetic. Management is very intelligent and seems committed to expanding the company. The company is also expanding rapidly.

They also provide free snacks/beverages and do a staff lunch every Thursday which is generous of them.

Cons

Other than having to do the occasional intern duties (running basic errands, faxing, etc.), and some occasional connectivity problems with wifi nothing really comes to mind.

Advice to Management

Fix the VGA cable in the conference room.

Corporate

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small office with a blend of start-up and tech corporate culture emerging. Think flexible with sustainable resources. Plenty of opportunity to have a career and have some fun. Lots of career oriented people at the Company.

Cons

There have been growing pains of acquisitions and also growing so quickly over the last two years. Those seem to be behind us and we are recruiting and retaining lots of talented people with ideas and the skill sets to grow blinkx to $1.0 B of revenue annually.

Advice to Management

Set up a one on one mentoring program. Hire more recent college graduates. Start an internship program.

A good learning experience

Former Employee - Content Editor in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Content Editor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at blinkx part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule as I was part time on the weekends and I was able to learn quite a bit about data entry. Was able to work from home or wherever place so long as I had a computer to hook up to to work.

Cons

Training, I feel, should have been more than a day. It'd also have been great if terms were shuffled out in a more timely manner when it's found that there has not been content for quite some time.

Advice to Management

It was great working with you all.

Fun place to work in an evolving industry. Great people, excellent location!

I have been working at blinkx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very welcoming, friendly group. Company is expanding quickly so every day is very exciting. TONS of perks - kitchen snacks, random bagel deliveries, organic fruit every week, catered Thursday lunches, Giants games & happy hours. Adjacent to Embarcadero Bart/Muni station & close to lots of great restaurants & shopping. Great health benefits - this company cares about your health!

Cons

Since the company is expanding and changing so quickly, information sometimes does not make it around to all the appropriate people, so that creates room for employee speculation & confusion.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent. I know upper management is busy but try to make sure your employees understand what is changing. I don't know if monthly company meetings satisfy this need as not all branches are included in all information exchanges.

RSS Feed </> Embed