blinkx Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Updated July 21, 2014
3.1

blinkx CEO S. Brian Mukherjee
S. Brian Mukherjee

Pros
  • laid back atmosphere, good benefits, competitive salary (in 5 reviews)

• They also provide free snacks/beverages and do a staff lunch every Thursday which is generous of them (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Worst senior management team (at least from engineering perspective) I've ever worked with (in 7 reviews)

• There is no one leading the company (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

29 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A growing company with nice perks!

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at blinkx as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Very nice people (for the most part), they are doing a fantastic job in their industry and just seem to be getting better and better. Clean office with plenty of supplies, and a great view. Free snacks!

Cons

My supervisor was never one to appreciate my hard work and was very unhelpful. She didn't want to train me, so it was very autonomous. And as an admin you're very separated from the rest of the group.

Evaluate all of your employees, even the ones who have been with the company a while, to see what they bring to the table.

how is it to work at blinkx

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx full-time for more than a year

Pros

convinient, nice location, great office space

Cons

salary, stock in really bad state

blinkx Response

Jul 23, 2014Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoy the office environment. We are always open to additional feedback. Please feel free to reach out to blinkxcares@blinkx.com and an HR ... More

Great place of employment!

Current Employee - Billing & Revenue Analyst  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Billing & Revenue Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment, approachable management, co-workers great to work with.

Cons

I currently do not have any cons for the company. Great place to work, great people to work with.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst professional experience of career.

Former Employee - Directory of Engineering  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Directory of Engineering in San Francisco, CA

I worked at blinkx full-time for less than a year

Pros

A few very nice people there, people I respected and wanted to work with.

Cons

Worst senior management team (at least from engineering perspective) I've ever worked with. No product vision or direction, tons of micro management. IMO, most of company is made up of C and D players. Very few high performers. My sentiments were not alone, this is a feeling at least some employees I worked with have themselves. Most telling fact, my contact at the company quit the same week I joined. This should have tipped me off that it was not a great place.

Open your eyes to what's really going on and who is making decisions.

Average Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at blinkx full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's nice for working your straight eight hours and going home. There isn't much motivation to work extra or contribute more. Your coworkers you work with on a day to day basis are nice.

Cons

Blinkx doesn't create anything truly innovative or ground breaking on the tech side. There aren't many perks if at all for working there. This isn't an environment for you if you're looking to learn and grow. There isn't many areas to advance to.

Please talk to your employees and care about them more.

Internship Review

Current Employee - Corp Dev Intern  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Corp Dev Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is extremely nice, and more than willing to walk me through their areas of expertise or give me a hand in an area i am unsure in. . The general attitude of all the employees is very positive and everyone seems very energetic. Management is very intelligent and seems committed to expanding the company. The company is also expanding rapidly.

They also provide free snacks/beverages and do a staff lunch every Thursday which is generous of them.

Cons

Other than having to do the occasional intern duties (running basic errands, faxing, etc.), and some occasional connectivity problems with wifi nothing really comes to mind.

Fix the VGA cable in the conference room.

Corporate

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx full-time for less than a year

Pros

Small office with a blend of start-up and tech corporate culture emerging. Think flexible with sustainable resources. Plenty of opportunity to have a career and have some fun. Lots of career oriented people at the Company.

Cons

There have been growing pains of acquisitions and also growing so quickly over the last two years. Those seem to be behind us and we are recruiting and retaining lots of talented people with ideas and the skill sets to grow blinkx to $1.0 B of revenue annually.

Set up a one on one mentoring program. Hire more recent college graduates. Start an internship program.

A good learning experience

Former Employee - Content Editor  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Content Editor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at blinkx part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible schedule as I was part time on the weekends and I was able to learn quite a bit about data entry. Was able to work from home or wherever place so long as I had a computer to hook up to to work.

Cons

Training, I feel, should have been more than a day. It'd also have been great if terms were shuffled out in a more timely manner when it's found that there has not been content for quite some time.

It was great working with you all.

Fun place to work in an evolving industry. Great people, excellent location!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very welcoming, friendly group. Company is expanding quickly so every day is very exciting. TONS of perks - kitchen snacks, random bagel deliveries, organic fruit every week, catered Thursday lunches, Giants games & happy hours. Adjacent to Embarcadero Bart/Muni station & close to lots of great restaurants & shopping. Great health benefits - this company cares about your health!

Cons

Since the company is expanding and changing so quickly, information sometimes does not make it around to all the appropriate people, so that creates room for employee speculation & confusion.

Be more transparent. I know upper management is busy but try to make sure your employees understand what is changing. I don't know if monthly company meetings satisfy this need as not all branches are included in all information exchanges.

small issues but overall great environment

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-blinkx is growing
    -Supportive upper management
    -Competitive Salary
    -Thursday lunches, lots of snacks/beverages for free

Cons

-Growing pains comes with some confusion for employees on their roles. Makes sense though based on recent acquires (burst, etc)
    -Not flexible on work schedules (typical m-f, 8:30 - 5:30 type job). Should allow to work from home or summer fridays like many other companies with similar environment

Continue with Monthly meetings regarding company updates (we just started this, but hoping it does not go away). Bring back happy hour Fridays (let us drink in the office!). Be more flexible about working from home.

Worked for blinkx? Contribute to the Community!