blinkx

blinkx Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jul 21, 2014

blinkx CEO S. Brian Mukherjee

S. Brian Mukherjee

Pros
  • laid back atmosphere, good benefits, competitive salary(in 5 reviews)

• They also provide free snacks/beverages and do a staff lunch every Thursday which is generous of them(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Worst senior management team (at least from engineering perspective) I've ever worked with(in 7 reviews)

• There is no one leading the company(in 6 reviews)

30 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

how is it to work at blinkx

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosconvinient, nice location, great office space

Conssalary, stock in really bad state

blinkx Human Resources responded to this review

Jul 23, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoy the office environment. We are always open to additional feedback. Please feel free to reach out to blinkxcares@blinkx.com and an HR ... More

A growing company with nice perks!

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsVery nice people (for the most part), they are doing a fantastic job in their industry and just seem to be getting better and better. Clean office with plenty of supplies, and a great view. Free snacks!

ConsMy supervisor was never one to appreciate my hard work and was very unhelpful. She didn't want to train me, so it was very autonomous. And as an admin you're very separated from the rest of the group.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvaluate all of your employees, even the ones who have been with the company a while, to see what they bring to the table.

Great place of employment!

Billing & Revenue Analyst (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat work environment, approachable management, co-workers great to work with.

ConsI currently do not have any cons for the company. Great place to work, great people to work with.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst professional experience of career.

Directory of Engineering (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsA few very nice people there, people I respected and wanted to work with.

ConsWorst senior management team (at least from engineering perspective) I've ever worked with. No product vision or direction, tons of micro management. IMO, most of company is made up of C and D players. Very few high performers. My sentiments were not alone, this is a feeling at least some employees I worked with have themselves. Most telling fact, my contact at the company quit the same week I joined. This should have tipped me off that it was not a great place.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your eyes to what's really going on and who is making decisions.

Average Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsIt's nice for working your straight eight hours and going home. There isn't much motivation to work extra or contribute more. Your coworkers you work with on a day to day basis are nice.

ConsBlinkx doesn't create anything truly innovative or ground breaking on the tech side. There aren't many perks if at all for working there. This isn't an environment for you if you're looking to learn and grow. There isn't many areas to advance to.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease talk to your employees and care about them more.

Internship Review

Corp Dev Intern (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsEveryone is extremely nice, and more than willing to walk me through their areas of expertise or give me a hand in an area i am unsure in. . The general attitude of all the employees is very positive and everyone seems very energetic. Management is very intelligent and seems committed to expanding the company. The company is also expanding rapidly.

They also provide free snacks/beverages and do a staff lunch every Thursday which is generous of them.

ConsOther than having to do the occasional intern duties (running basic errands, faxing, etc.), and some occasional connectivity problems with wifi nothing really comes to mind.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the VGA cable in the conference room.

Corporate

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsSmall office with a blend of start-up and tech corporate culture emerging. Think flexible with sustainable resources. Plenty of opportunity to have a career and have some fun. Lots of career oriented people at the Company.

ConsThere have been growing pains of acquisitions and also growing so quickly over the last two years. Those seem to be behind us and we are recruiting and retaining lots of talented people with ideas and the skill sets to grow blinkx to $1.0 B of revenue annually.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet up a one on one mentoring program. Hire more recent college graduates. Start an internship program.

A good learning experience

Content Editor (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFlexible schedule as I was part time on the weekends and I was able to learn quite a bit about data entry. Was able to work from home or wherever place so long as I had a computer to hook up to to work.

ConsTraining, I feel, should have been more than a day. It'd also have been great if terms were shuffled out in a more timely manner when it's found that there has not been content for quite some time.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt was great working with you all.

Positive People - Positive Growth - Positive Goals

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros- Free Lunch on Thursday
     - Free Breakfast every day
     - Great Benefits
     - Encourage healthy diets/exercise
     - Collaborative Team Environment
     - Immediate Recognition from Management - hard work doesn't go unnoticed
     - Defined career path with opportunity for tremendous upward mobility
     - AWESOME technology - online video is the future
     - blinkx is setting up groundwork for substantial growth

Cons- Not as much of a market presence as there should be
     - Sometimes confusion between departments throughout the growing pains of acquisition, etc - but this is getting much better.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to use your team to your advantage and recognize the ones who are making this company unique.

Fun place to work in an evolving industry. Great people, excellent location!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsVery welcoming, friendly group. Company is expanding quickly so every day is very exciting. TONS of perks - kitchen snacks, random bagel deliveries, organic fruit every week, catered Thursday lunches, Giants games & happy hours. Adjacent to Embarcadero Bart/Muni station & close to lots of great restaurants & shopping. Great health benefits - this company cares about your health!

ConsSince the company is expanding and changing so quickly, information sometimes does not make it around to all the appropriate people, so that creates room for employee speculation & confusion.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent. I know upper management is busy but try to make sure your employees understand what is changing. I don't know if monthly company meetings satisfy this need as not all branches are included in all information exchanges.

Worked for blinkx? Contribute to the Community!