blur Group

Updated February 23, 2015
Updated February 23, 2015
3.3

Philip Letts

Great experience to contribute and grow with cutting-edge international company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at blur Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It is very refreshing that everyone cares about contributing to the company, our customers and our Experts in a positive way. Leadership gives employees the opportunity to stretch their skills and grow in areas of interest. blur Group is a growing company that values the different backgrounds, experience, talents and interests of its employees. There is a great culture of team-work unlike anywhere else I have worked. You get to learn so much about many different areas of business so no day or project is ever the same.

Cons

This is a growing company so processes are always evolving. This can be a positive because it means that process are constantly being evaluated and changed if need be. If you like processes to be black and white and get frustrated by changes to process, this might present a challenge.

Keep allowing employees to stretch and grow throughout various areas of the company.

Company built on lies

Former Employee - Exchange Support in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Exchange Support in Dallas, TX

I worked at blur Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Location of the office is great, there isn't a dress code and you can even bring your Dog to work. Other members of the team are friendly.

Cons

You are forced to work crazy long hours on projects that never kick off. You have to constantly lie to customers and experts as to why projects don't kick off. Listing fee is unfair to customers. There are no health benefits, 401k, gym memberships.

Need to treat employees better!

Awful experience, stay away from them!

Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at blur Group part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Seemed exciting at first, very promising.

Cons

All they care about is listing fees, so you never actually help with projects like you were promised when you are hired on. High turn-over rate. In the few months I was there, all but one quit because they weren't getting paid even minimum wage because their projects weren't being completed or approved.

Allow customers to cancel projects without requiring listing fees, otherwise we have to deal with a lot of very upset people every day.

Hold on its going to be a rough ride!

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at blur Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Hard to think of any considering nobody likes to work at the Dallas, TX office. Oh, one person does, but he gets everything handed to him.

Cons

Where to start? The most dry and boring office. Management is a joke. Don't expect to be paid on projects you sell, because they all fall apart. All they want to do is charge a listing fee to everyone even thought they only have a handful of experts to do the work. All their numbers are a joke and not true. Ask what they really are?

Why? they won't take it.

How desperate are you for a job? Awful company. Avoid like the plague!

Former Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)

I worked at blur Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Company leadership aside, the poor people who work there are mostly lovely. The London team do their best to work well despite interference from head office.
    The office is nice.
    Pizza lunch every fortnight.... something healthier would have been nicer but....
    Erm.....

Cons

The company has hit quarterly targets through 'sales' coming in, sales people exceeded their quarterly targets, the business report on those numbers, corks are popped and backs are slapped..... but strangely no one ever got paid commission for them.
    Terrible payplan containing ambiguous language that you will read one way and they will insist means the other.
    Unrealistic expectations resulting in targets comprised of numbers plucked out of the air that are completely unrelated to company metrics such as the average order value and volume of sales per quarter that most other organisations use to set targets.
    Most employees are paid very low basic salaries and are deserving of much better.
    Too much reporting on numbers - you put them in SalesForce, then are asked to put them in an Excel document, then to write them in an email, then to talk about them every morning in pointless meetings.... Management - learn to use SalesForce properly.
    Satisfied / Repeat customers were minimal in the time I worked there, or before that and those rare ones that did repeat spent very little anyway. The 'logo' wins on their website.... perhaps one should ask how much the projects were worth before getting too excited about them?

Sell the company, let someone who knows what they are doing take the reigns for a bit.

BEWARE DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM THIER CONMEN

Current Employee - Sales Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at blur Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They are being misguided by senior management who have predatory Business practices Beware

Cons

They use the same contractors and Charge Excessive fees even if you do not pick a vendor which are only the same ones they use for everyone .. Most projects do not come to Fruition and they Place exorbitant fees for projects way beyond Market Value just to get your Listing fee They will charge you weather of not you choose a vendor of which are all the same

none

Great Place to Gain an experience.

Current Intern - QA Intern in Exeter, England (UK)
    Current Intern - QA Intern in Exeter, England (UK)

I have been working at blur Group as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I just started so i am learning about the pro's and Con's of the company till now i have found that Blur Gives you a good atmosphere to work and friendly people to help.

Cons

I just started so i am learning about the pro's and Con's of the company till now i haven't found any disadvantages.

Maintain the way you doing IT. Thank you :)

Free labour

Former Intern - Digital Marketing Intern in London, England (UK)
    Former Intern - Digital Marketing Intern in London, England (UK)

I worked at blur Group as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Dynamic company, company pizza lunch every 2 weeks, quite a fun and informal environment.

Cons

Was there for a 3 month internship, was promised a likely full-time towards the end, which did not prevail despite my attempts that were brushed aside with excuses. A very rigid 9am-6pm micromanaged routine with lack of direction nor any opportunity to learn. Senior management does not care for your ideas or progress. Feel absolutely used.

Start paying minimum wage and at show interest in employee progression.

Exciting career roller coaster

Current Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)

I have been working at blur Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working for blur Group has been the craziest busy two years of my life!
    I joined blur for two main reasons, one being the company itself and the product, and secondly for the people. I knew from the off and was told from the off that it would be very hard work, but that it would offer me great opportunity and experience. And everything has been true and more. At blur if you work hard, you get rewarded and promoted.
    We are a new business doing something new and innovative, so of course we need to work hard, we need to make huge leaps and bounds in short spaces of time. And we do this successfully.
    The people at blur are incredible. Everyone pulls together, it's like a family. We work hard, but also have fun whilst we are working. The London team are a very strong unit, and becoming very successful and strong.

Cons

The pressure is quite intense, but we have big plans as an organisation, we will get there quicker if we put huge effort in. Work isn't supposed to be 'easy' right. If it were then we are doing something wrong. Everyday is hard work, but exciting, different, new, challenging. Not one day is the same, and of course there are highs and lows, but in every role you have exactly the same situations. We are all on a crazy journey and working towards more benefits and rewards. I'm excited about being part of what we are creating, I want to be a blur game changer and to have had a big role in our success.

Continue to do exactly what we are all doing, especially what we have always done in sales.... put our thousands of customers first

Good company to work in.

Current Employee - Web Designer in Exeter, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Web Designer in Exeter, England (UK)

I have been working at blur Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It have been a pleasure working with blur. The team I have been working in is made of very competent people from all over the Europe, witch allowed me to learn a lot and expand my areas of knowledge. Furthermore, The salary was good to me.

Cons

Nothing major to mention, however the way the kitchen area and the music are managed could be improved.