bookit.com Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.3
CEO

Pros
  • Book it is pretty competitive with benefits and good pay for Panama city (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Management sucked mandatory overtime micro managing from upper management let people go for no reason then hired new ppl (in 4 reviews)

• They don't care about the customers like they did when I first started (in 2 reviews)

1. customer representative

I worked at bookit.com

Pros

good pay for that area

Cons

none but only problem you have to work in nights

Riding the Elation Train into Elation Station!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Panama City Beach, FL

I have been working at bookit.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Pay and Benefits. Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Time Off and most major holidays are paid and we are scheduled off.
    Property and Destination Training is scheduled regularly.
    It's fairly easy to advance in the company as long as you are doing your job well.
    Working in Sales is challenging but if you work hard the incentives really pay off.
    What made me decide to come work here was Bookit.com's Core Values. Especially when it comes to Guest Elation and I see it put into action every day.
    Family atmosphere. I feel like my co-workers are more like family then just people that I work with or for.
    What better job to have than booking someone on their dream vacation?

Cons

If you are adverse to change this is NOT the job for you. However if you are able to adapt quickly and love challenges you will be successful.
    Business needs often dictate strict adherence to a particular schedule.
    Overtime is sometimes a necessity but team members are fairly compensated.

Advice to Management

Invest in Employee Morale by holding Company Events outside of the monthly Anniversary Lunch.
    Motivate employees through sales contests and team building.
    Provide more opportunity for team members to switch shifts. Perhaps by allowing Team Members to do a Permanent Shift Swap based on performance and manager approval.
    Fam Trips would be beneficial not only to the Team Member but the company. Knowledge is power!

It's not the worst, honestly.

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Panama City Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Panama City Beach, FL

I have been working at bookit.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice kitchen and lunch room. The people that you work with end up becoming like your family. Free coffee, caffeine free soda and water. Once a month free anniversary lunches. As long as you land on the right team, you have good management whom has your back. They want to see you succeed, as hard as the job sometimes may get, they honestly do want the best for you, because the best for us is ultimately the best for them. HIGHLY AIR CONDITIONED.

Cons

With every job there are multiple things people will find that they do not like about their jobs, but the thing is, can you look at your job and say, "it's more than just a paycheck"? Do you enjoy the people that you are around, the people you eat with, the people that you talk with and work next to? You could work in a lonely cubical job, by yourself with zero personality around you.

There are some real cons here, I'm not going to lie or sugar coat things, thats just not me.
    There isn't a whole lot of trust to the contact center employees. We cannot decorate our desks, or leave things at our assigned desks for the night or during our work week, unless of course you are management. The computers, they work fine, but I mean with your entity running solo from the web, you might want to start investing in newer equipment. Cleanliness of the call center could improve greatly, like dusting and cleaning the AC unites once a year maybe? The call center music really needs to improve, can we get some Feti???

Maybe attempt to build some morale among the teams, sometimes things get discouraging, and all we really hear is this needs to be done and this goal isn't being met. Let's try to encourage improvement instead of making people feel small if they cannot hit and exceed their goals?

Stop making decisions on the drop of a dime please????

Can't celebrate birthdays.

Advice to Management

Focus on something positive for your worker ants. Bring back Fam trips? Do something to turn the morale around, please.

Challenging Workplace

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Panama City, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Panama City, FL

I have been working at bookit.com full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love the people I work with
    I love my Manager
    Flip Flop Friday's
    Anniversary Lunches monthly
    Constantly changing and keeping me on my toes

Cons

No more Diet Mountain Dew
    No more Diet Mountain Dew

Advice to Management

Bring back Diet Mountain Dew!

Good location, Good pay

I have been working at bookit.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are adaptable and a quick learner, you will thrive
    Base pay and incentive pay is high for the area
    Multiple shifts available and management is always willing to work around your needs
    Co-workers are more like family

Cons

Having to be around people that have an irrational outlook on how businesses should run and cannot take accountability for their actions. If the company has reachable goals (that they provide incentive on) and provide discipline to those who make costly errors, the company is not "the worst company ever"...its a business.

Advice to Management

Get involved in community outreach programs. Host a fundraiser for a local charity. Make BookIt.com a household name as a local business who cares about the city they are apart of.

7. Entrepreneurial Spirit and The Opportunity to Affect Change

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Panama City Beach, FL

I have been working at bookit.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Relatively young but maturing company pioneered by entrepreneurial spirit and teamwork. Corporate Culture is still evolving. Nimble enough to react to market changes and trends relatively quickly. Business units are compartmentalized but partner together to affect change drive the overall mission of the company. The company provides opportunity for team members to advance and performance is rewarded by weekly incentives and monthly bonuses. Most departments are headquartered in the corporate office. The company has an open door policy at all levels and executive access and involvement is impressive. Team Members are encouraged to present solutions when faced with issues. Compensation for Team Members in most positions is more than competitive for similar positions in the area. Paid Holidays and many healthcare options are just some of the benefits.

Cons

Challenges of the environment in a young but maturing company are manifested in a multitude of changes. If you are adverse to change this is not the environment for you. Mandatory OT during peak booking and travel season, required flexibility of schedule, Vacation Blackouts are all part of working in a competitive industry.

Advice to Management

Subsidized course work and travel for Team Members in all roles and levels of accountability. Company Sponsored events and Team Building activities. Increased community involvement.

GSA

Former Employee - GSA in Panama City Beach, FL
    Former Employee - GSA in Panama City Beach, FL

I worked at bookit.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Indoor environment, highly air conditioned
    Nice building, except for the dilapidated restrooms.

Cons

Worked there for 2 years and my pay changed 8-10 times. Vary from $10/hr to $19/hr, then back to about $16.

Schedule changes multiple times per year. I was lucky to keep the same basic schedule, but the possibility to go from morning shift(7-3:30) to night(4-2am) was very real.

Constantly changing requirements and incentives cause you to live in constant fear of losing your job. Once a goal is set them met by 1-5 people, it changes, even though the majority of the 80+ agents couldn't reach it.

Time off isn't bad as long as you don't like to do anything while the rest of the world is traveling. Want to take a summer vacation like 90% or the customers do? Sorry, those days are blacked out. Want to visit family during the holidays like Christmas or Thanksgiving? Sorry, those are blacked out too. Working for a company that doesn't believe in celebrating holidays means that you may have the actual holiday off, but you are required to return the next day or risk not getting the holiday pay.

Quality control team was a joke. Your calls are graded by the same person every week. They take a day off or get behind? Someone else may review your call, but there's no consistency between reviewers. They quickly judge how you handle a situation and claim it's wrong(even if you resolve the issue and make your guest happy.) Get a bad grade? Sorry you just lost $4.00/hr from your check, and you are now ineligible for a bonus. Wish to have it re-reviewed? That may take a week and if it does get overturned over you probably won't see the money the owe you.

Property training was a good excuse to get off the phones for an hour or so, but otherwise worthless. Most of the speakers barely speak English so they are hard to understand. They review photos of the property that are on the website and maybe a few videos. Like the property? Think a customer would like to stay there? Good luck selling them on it since it's probably out of their price range.

Moving between departments is a joke. Once you get in the contact center you are practically stuck. Looking to move to another department? Keep in mind this will come with a pay cut. If you still want to do it, make sure you don't have any write-ups on file. Were you late from your 10min break last month by 5 seconds? Sorry you were written up, now you can't be approved for a move. Even though that department doesn't time your breaks, they don't want a slacker like you.

Advice to Management

Relax, this is the travel business. Everyone should love their jobs.

Ease up on the people who make your job easier and solve 75% of the customer problems.

Every other company has departments and agents who handle specific issues, it's like that for a reason. Don't expect 1 person to excel at every issue. Allow the agents to transfer to someone who can resolve the issue. You claim to have 1 call resolution and strive for this, do you know how many issues I resolved in 1 call? None.

9. Supervisor

Former Employee - Supervisor in Panama City Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Panama City Beach, FL

I worked at bookit.com (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people you work with become more like family. Very flexible work place.

Cons

Not able to celebrate holidays.

10. Prison painted green-more rules than the army

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Panama City Beach, FL

I have been working at bookit.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lower management and worker bees are nice and get along well.
    Learning about new places is fun and interesting.
    The breakroom and courtyard are nice.

Cons

Goals are set so high you are basically set up to fail from the start so they can more easily discard you.
    When you are randomly given overtime shifts with less than 24 hrs notice be prepared to get off work late and have to be back at work before sunrise and have your days off taken away after you make plans with friends and family from out of town.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like human beings, give them reasonable goals, lunch times and if you say ten minute breaks they should be actual 10 minute breaks, not 8.5 because you get a nasty email about a violation if you are literally a second over.

11. “Shadow of what company once was ”

I have been working at bookit.com full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

One of best entry level paying companies

Cons

Has lost many good employees due to many pay structure changes resulting in some positions making less money everytime they make changes. Once a goal becomes obtainable that goal is either raised to another level or changed completely. Companies core values are just writing on the wall as none of the core values apply to the current direction of the company. Current wiki site states "we are known to say you thought that was good...watch this" more like if thought it couldnt get worse...think again

Advice to Management

Hire better middle management that know how to run a company, not run a company into the ground

RSS Feed </> Embed