bookit.com

Updated January 26, 2015
Updated January 26, 2015
2.5

CEO

It's an ok place to work.

I worked at bookit.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are a variety of different shifts available.

Cons

Not enough call center staff to handle the call volume

Ridiculous requirements

Former Employee - Customer Service
    Former Employee - Customer Service

I worked at bookit.com

Pros

the money was pretty good if you could bonus

Cons

extremely high expectations in order to bonus

Worst company in Bay County!

I have been working at bookit.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pros? I can't think of many. One of the few things I can say are pros are the monthly anniversary lunches that the company uses to celebrate team member's anniversaries for that month.

Cons

Here's the long list. First and foremost: religion! Religion really has no place in an office, but at BookIt.com, all the executives, upper managers, and supervisors are Jehovah's Witnesses. In fact, many managers converted to that religion while still in low positions and then got promoted because of who they know go to "church" with. You can't bring a birthday cake, wish anyone Merry Christmas, or anything of the sort. One time, a manager scrapped the "Happy Birthday" frosting off a cake in the kitchen that wasn't even hers!

If the managers don't like you, they'll begin targeting you. But if you do something and someone of their religion does the same thing, it will be overlooked. They'll use weak reasons to let someone go. I get it, it's a private company and technically they can, but it's no way to do business.

Every year the insurance benefits change. This year, they're going up tremendously while the pay stays in the same. I have only gotten one raise since I've worked for the company while other agents are making upwards of $18/hour or more to make tons of mistakes.

The training is non-existent and if you try to move to another position in the company, you are almost always turned down in favor of someone who is of their religion.

People get offended way too easily. If you are not involved in a conversation and have nothing to do with what someone is talking about, you should not be allowed to "get offended" and then get someone in trouble. Managers will always side with fellow Jehovah's no matter what. I have given my direct supervisor proof that another manager is consistently not doing her job, but yet that person remains in that position.

HR even tried saying that we could no longer have pot lucks unless it was themed towards healthy food. Just because some people in the company want to be healthier (and that is their right), you should not force it upon the rest of the company.

Managers are so hypocritical. Most managers don't even know their actual job. If you ask a manager what a procedure is, they won't be able to answer you because they don't know themselves. They're only there because of who they know, not what they know.

I call incapable managers out on their nonsense when they pretend to know their jobs. Unfortunately, the people who matter don't notice because they too have no clue what is going on around them.

There is zero room for advancement without changing religions. Bottom line.

They will constantly ask you to work overtime or come in on off days at a moments notice. Once a while I can understand, but not multiple times a month. Just hire capable, reliable people and train them properly and people wouldn't constantly walk out all the time.

My advice to the executives would be to clean up the company. Put managers in positions based on their merit and their abilities, not because they go to church with you. I know this advice is wasted, because the executives protect their select few that they are friends with. The company makes money, and could make more if the incapable managers weren't the source of losing money. That being said, a raise would be nice considering the cost of benefits continues to go up each year.

There is so much wrong with this company, I wouldn't even know where to begin. I would love to sit down with the executives and tell them my ideas, but because I do not attend their church, that won't happen.

No longer family-oriented.

Former Employee - Booking Agent in Panama City Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Booking Agent in Panama City Beach, FL

I worked at bookit.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay; Originally good management. The benefits were pretty decent overall and they gave good bonuses upon reaching new records in bookings.

Cons

Company went from family-friendly environment to one that was your typical corporate robotic type. Not sure what changed overall but the atmosphere went downhill considerably by 2008.

Considering the biggest in management are pretty much all devout Jehovah's Witness', maybe pay a little more attention to the fact your employees also have families and different faiths.

Unstable environment

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Panama City Beach, FL

I worked at bookit.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Paid time off and holidays.

Cons

Constantly changing work schedules with no regard for the employee. Pay also consistently changing, as are sales goals, policies which directly impact your paycheck. I went from making $18.50 an hour to $12.50 an hour "plus incentives"--ha! Never know what you're walking into day to day. Office culture extremely negative, morale is awful. No opportunity for advancement.

Clean house and start fresh with new managers who actually have the best interests of the employees at heart. Have a conscious.

Too much change without notice

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Panama City Beach, FL

I worked at bookit.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Hotel discounts, soda machine in break room, decent wages (until pay structure change).

Cons

Management leaves all sales agents in the dark and does not tell them anything until the day before new policies go into place. Very shady work environment. Awful employees getting promoted based on who they know. Very limited educated individuals working here.

Promote the workers who are SUCCESSFUL AND SMART! Don't change pay structure constantly to hide your financial disasters and mistakes. If the pay is too high for sales agents maybe you should do the intelligent thing and only keep the BEST SALES AGENTS WHO DESERVE THAT PAY.

Was good not so much

I worked at bookit.com

Pros

Benefits paid vacation co workers were awesome pay was good overall was a good experience steady hrs

Cons

Management sucked mandatory overtime micro managing from upper management let people go for no reason then hired new ppl

Keep the good agents that busted their tails to make u money stop outsourcing to other countries

Poor upper management, do not care about their employees.

Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Panama City Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Panama City Beach, FL

I have been working at bookit.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, people I work with are great and my manager is wonderful

Cons

Upper management micro manages everything! Mandatory overtime and meetings with no assistance in working with your schedule. If you have a life outside of bookit, forget it. No pay raises. Only negative feedback for all your hard work. Expectations for bonus are becoming outrageous.

Good employees will make a good business prosper. Treat your employees with some more respect.

Was good up until 6 months ago

Former Employee - Guest Service Agent in Panama City Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Guest Service Agent in Panama City Beach, FL

I worked at bookit.com full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great co-workers who are trying to make a living like myself. They do recognize employees on their anniversaries. Some of the managers are good.

Cons

Outsourcing to Jamaica and putting Americans out of work. They don't care about the customers like they did when I first started.

Get a better system and quit trying to force the healthy lifestyle on people.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

I have been working at bookit.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Comfortable and friendly working environment, reasonable hours.

Cons

Low wages; poor management; terrible 401k options

Raise wages to market median; improve the perks offered to technology staff; get better 401k options (something with an index fund at least)