christopher consultants

christopher consultants President William R. Zink

William R. Zink

Progressive and Well Established

Senior Engineer (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsThe company spends a lot of effort growing and developing its staff. They care about people on an individual level. Fun, random employee events. Laid-back environment. Really great people!

ConsCould be more communication. Some leaders are not as progressive as others.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the development opportunities!

Great Place to Work!

ProsAwesome co-workers, good leadership, and most of all the possibility to advance. ccl also has a progressive business model that builds confidence for the future.

ConsThey have an open layout that can be distracting at times (no cubicles and very few offices) so headphones are good to have on hand!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be open to new ideas and growth. I think they are doing a wonderful job and I enjoy working for them. It is the first company I've worked for that I could see myself retiring from.

What a Mess!

Manager (Former Employee) Manassas, VA

ProsCo-workers are the only asset.

ConsMicro management; management reads all incoming mail before distribution due to paranoia; managment routinely reads outgoing email (again paranoid); very poorly managed company. No HR Manager! There was one in place but laid off.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of your executive vice president and hire an HR rep.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A very poorly managed company

Surveyor (Former Employee) Manassas, VA

ProsChristopher consultants is a place to collect a regular paycheck. It is a job, not a career.

ConsVery bad communication between management and employees. They have a yearly "state of the union" address in which they try to address employees concerns and ideas. Chris Brown openly ridicules any critisism which of course discourages the employees from making any suggestions. The survey department is run by unqualified personnel and has a very high turnover rate. They do not follow any safety procedures for the employees and will not provide safety equipment. Most attempts to improve employee morale are superficial and carefully monitored and manipulated by the management. They like to keep strict tabs on all the employees and even "fix" the employee of the month box, putting in their favorites instead of letting the co-workers decide. Chris Brown turns a deaf ear and a blind eye to all the low, mean-spirited and harmful acts of his vice president. Employee's have an awful opinion of him and he has done much harm to the reputation of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to really open up and change their ways if they want to be competitive
    with their product.

good place to start

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat place to start to gain experience

Conswith the housing market gone bust, land development is very slow, unfortunately CCL is primary a Land development company.

Worked for christopher consultants? Contribute to the Community!