cleverbridge
www.cleverbridge.com Cologne, Germany 150 to 499 Employees

cleverbridge Reviews

cleverbridge CEO Christian Blume

Christian Blume

I look forward to my workday at cleverbridge. Excellent environment to work in.

(Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

Proscleverbridge is a great company to work at because of the openness and people oriented attitude that pervades all parts of the company. Managers and members of senior management are accessible and open to employee input and feedback. The company goes out of their way to create opportunity for growth.

ConsThe best way for the company to improve is to create even better international communication between offices. I think this is evolving in a good direction already, but I want to see this continue to improve more and more.

Great company, great people!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proscleverbridge provided an amazing work environment and employs great people to work with. The knowledge and skills available to acquire at cleverbridge are easily transferable across the business world, especially with opportunities to work with international teams and international clients on projects focused around all facets of online business. They provide awesome perks, even better employee benefits, and they hire colleagues you’ll want to grab a drink with. Their perks and benefits included unbeatable health insurance, free drinks and snacks, modern office space, a casual atmosphere, a lax dress code, company events/parties, and a 401K match. As a major player in a growing industry, cleverbridge was a great place to launch a career, learn some things, and gain some friends.

ConsVertical growth opportunities were hard to come by at cleverbridge. Some of their positions lacked structured growth plans and/or performance incentives. Plus, their dependency on developmental and managerial resources abroad created unnecessary friction in basic work processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementProviding growth plans and/or performance incentives would be great additions to an already great opportunity. Keep hiring quality people and keep providing an amazing work environment which made work a pleasure to go to everyday.

Losing talent fast, not supplying adequate replacement

Development (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

Proscleverbridge can be a great "first-job" for someone looking to get experience in what can be a fun environment. They will often hire people that are not at the skill level needed and hope that the new recruit applies themselves.

ConsNo vertical moment or opportunity to advance. Many positions in the company have no place to advance to leaving employees stuck at "entry level" positions. Development team is heavily restricted as most work is done in German office, leaving the Chicago team twiddling their thumbs and unknowledgeable about many features. Compensation is fairly mediocre, especially for employees that have been with the company longer, management won't listen to the ideas of employees and prefers to look for outside help while the knowledge and skills needed are available to them internally.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork better to retain the remaining employees that you have and offer real incentive in terms of both benefits and job growth. Don't rely on 2-year turnaround or you will find yourself with unexperienced teams during your times of greatest need.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

former cleverbridge employee

Contractor (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsTake what you learn. After leaving cleverbridge I have worked in a a variety of fields: marketing, fashion merchandising, immigration law, etc. I have used my previous experience in HTML, customer service, softwares, et al as useful tools that have given me an advantage to grow in my professional field of work. I am currently working as a risk analyst for an International Central Bank and I am still using a lot of the knowledgeable skills I learned at cleverbridge. I worked there for the most part of my college years and I regret nothing. Great office locations. Great job experience.

ConsIt's somewhat difficult to grow professionally. Given the fact that I worked there when it was just starting, sometimes the continually growing organization of the office could get a little messy.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to look at the new kids and see what they can bring to the table. Do not take them for granted just because they are young and lack experience. It is because of those exact reasons that they work the hardest to prove themselves. Consider them and don't look the other way.

A great place to start or begin your career, true family like working environment

Chicago, IL

ProsEnjoyable working environment, open workspace, wear what you want dress, friendly and open management, plenty of social and fun company activities, company stocked beverages/snacks, great location (Chicago), highly collaborative and interactive work environment, exposure to latest and greatest technology

ConsAverage compensation/benefits, career growth potential is limited or not available for all, often feeling that certain privileges, rights, or experiences are reserved for "legacies", stark contrast between German (HQ) and Chicago employee benefits (can often lead to frustrating or delayed project scheduling as well)

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has created and fostered an excellent and desirable work environment, but a stronger commitment to compensation or inclusion of a bonus/rev share/stock plan along with transparent growth opportunities for employees would make this a real rock star company.

cleverbridge is not just a company, they're a family.

Marketing and Social Media (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsThe people- everyone is caring, fun and always willing to help. I've made some amazing relationships here.

Progressive and innovative company- people who work for cleverbridge are all different and bring something different to the table, which makes work exciting and dynamic.

Supportive environment- I've always felt like I've made some very good friends here, friends who teach me new things and are always there to help me out.

Great health and insurance benefits

Wonderful 401K match

Great office space- The design is light and open. The office furniture is designed to be comfortable. The office isn't cluttered or dirty EVER; always organized well.

Free fruit and drinks

There is always room for you to grow and learn new things at clevebridge; to become an even better employee!

Great company events and holiday parties.

ConsNothing to complain about here

An international company who promotes growth and progress.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNot a lot of companies encourage their employees to find their passion, especially if it lies outside of their current position. Fortunately, cleverbridge helps their employees find what they like, in hopes they can excel at it. They do a great job of building relationships between their employees, making people feel welcome. cleverbridge has a unique, laid back environment making it enjoyable for employees.

The more you put into your position, the more you will get out of it. If employees are willing to put in the time and effort, cleverbridge will help them find the right opportunities. It doesn't hurt that the events they host are also really fun! They go above and beyond most company parties. The great insurance plan and 401K match is almost impossible to find in the marketplace these days.

ConsThere seems to be a lack of consistency within the company. Procedures are put in place, and often times are not followed depending on the situation. This can lead to miscommunication between the employees, clients, and offices.

Advice to Senior ManagementMotivation is needed for employees, whether this is through compensation, incentives, events, or recognition. If your employees are happy, it benefits the company as a whole. Putting in programs which reward employees boosts overall morale.

was a fun company.. now not so much

Prosoffer standard benefits, espresso machine and limited sugar-free drinks. Co-workers are friendly and fun to chat with. Unpaid time off is allowed within reason, and they do offer a relaxed work environment and casual dress code.

ConsThey are of the mindset that turnover is not only ok but actually good for a company.
    They do not promote creativity in the office, but would rather people not ask questions or challenge ideas. They really prefer you just blindly follow whatever policies they put forward. Any questioning will only get you in trouble or even fired. Most people are not given the opportunity to progress or move up in the company, and for the most part they feel as though hiring from the outside always trumps building the company up from within.
    Many other issues beyond these....

Worked for cleverbridge? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at cleverbridge reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for cleverbridge CEO Christian Blume. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by cleverbridge employees.