clinivation

Updated October 20, 2014
4.2

Joseph Kozikowski

Excellent Career Opportunity

I worked at clinivation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Exposure to a broad range of client engagements in the medtech industry. Clients are typically senior/board-level executives and engagements involve in-depth research and solutions for critical business and product development issues. You can gain valuable experience in all aspects of business. It's a unique opportunity to advance your career and to be mentored by highly qualified industry experts.

Cons

At times, the clients can be demanding but this can be expected give the nature of the work.

If I could go back and do it over again, I would do the same thing.

Current Employee - Clinical Trials Assistant in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Clinical Trials Assistant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at clinivation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I really feel like a good portion of who I am today is due to the great experiences I've had at clinivation. I have met some amazing people that are both smart and friendly. The technology is super, and I'm a bit of a techy so that for me is a huge plus. I also enjoy the clients! I get to meet people from all over the world, which I really enjoy. I feel a strong sense of pride from the projects I've been able to be a part of.

Cons

If you like this line of work there aren't any. You need to be detailed oriented and upbeat.

Dr. Kozikowski is a great boss, I can''t think of anything he should fix.

Great Team Members and Growth Experience.

Current Employee - Clinical Research Associate in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Clinical Research Associate in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at clinivation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Many opportunities for career growth working with top medical centers/companies on many new medical products. We get to use technology with consulting and CRO services to make working easier and efficient for us and for customers. Lots of positive feedback from customers. Good culture of teamwork and high performance standards. Good comp + bonus. Benefits include the usual plus professional training, certifications, tuition, day care, mileage/company car, H1B visa sponsor, relocation, health club, perks. Flexible work arrangements are possible if you are a good performer.

Cons

Company is intense and works 24/7/365, so sometimes we need to participate on teams at night on international calls. Clients can be bossy and rude even when they don’t know what they are talking about. Slackers who don’t do the training and can’t pass any cert exams can freak out and blame other people.

More broadcasting of customer success stories.

Exciting company with world-class customers!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at clinivation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Accounts managers and teams are treated well and with appropriate respect. Products and services are differentiated with many good customer references at executive-level and C-level. Always busy and travelling, and work schedule may be flexible. Culture is based on teamwork. Awesome learning experience with training and certification goals.

Cons

Work-life balance may be a challenge for people- from all the training goals and travel.

Hire more great people for our teams ;-)

Very Good Company and Management

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at clinivation as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very busy technology company. Work is very organized and has procedures for getting things done quickly. Owner/CEO is not afraid to roll up his sleeves and work with the crew. He is respectful and no nonsense. There is a drug-free policy and some people are gone. Decent pay.

Cons

Must work nights and weekends on occasions, but usually can be flexible.

Hire a manager for supervising people on their cellphones and personal conversations.

Very innovative company with many opportunities.

Current Employee - Senior Director, Marketing and Events in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director, Marketing and Events in Irvine, CA

I have been working at clinivation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Company has a good base of long-term customers from around the world, and many important international relationships.
    -The company’s software and technology-enabled services are actually very innovative and proven.
    -Everyone is given the opportunity to succeed and is provided with training/learning resources to meet high company standards.
    -Everyone is expected to contribute a lot on teams with very motivated and smart people.
    -Benefits/perks can be very caring and generous- tuition, salary advances, loans, cars, relocations, family travel awards, etc.

Cons

-The pace of work is relentless, because the company is on a mission to transform an industry.
    -The certification requirements can disrupt teams when people who don’t put in the effort are let go.

Be less stealthy and let's launch the new website.

Questionable business practices, fails to pay contractors ontime (months late), demeaning dictatorship at the top

Former Employee - Clinical Solutions in Natick, MA
    Former Employee - Clinical Solutions in Natick, MA

I worked at clinivation as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Right space to be a thriving industry, and the vision of what the company could be is there.

Cons

Lack of reinvestment in company, lack of investment in people. Runs the organization in an attempt to scare employees. Failure to pay his human capital ontime. Hides behind scathing emails and threats of non-payment to clients. Consistent complaint from across the country, and failure to realize micromanagement without proving yourself is counter-productive.

Pay attention to employee and contractor morale, turn-over is understandable, 90% turnover means something is wrong with management.

Absentee management, inconsistent payroll, going under

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

I worked at clinivation (more than 3 years)

Pros

Only 30 min. to Boston

Cons

Absentee management, micromanagement, absent leader, poor attitudes, lack of formalized structure, inconsistent payroll, bill collectors constantly calling, poor treatment of employees, belittling CEO

Be present, care about people