comScore

comScore Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014

comScore Chief Executive Officer Serge Matta

Serge Matta

Pros:
  • "Work/ Life balance is there and we get laptops to work from home for any emergencies"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Relaxed work environment, flexible hours, generous time off policy"
    in 9 reviews
Cons:
  • "While they talk about work-life balance, they don't actually practice it"
    in 10 reviews
  • "can have long hours depending on client and project"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great to be part of a growing company

Senior Director (Former Employee)
    Reston, VA

ProsUpward mobility for smart, creative, hardworking people; solid senior management team; flexibility given to top performers; great industry

ConsLack of investment in people management skill development; very aggressive revenue goals create a lot of stress from top-down; very data-heavy

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate avenues for young analysts to get exposure and make an impact; collect feedback from the bottom of the organization to better understand the effectiveness of middle management; do more internal education -- everyone that works there should be an expert in digital

Great treatment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEven as an intern, I was looked at as an equal and an asset.

ConsThe work got pretty tedious at times

Awesome Place to Work

Senior Analyst (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGreat people, tons of flexibility, exposure to clients

Conscan have long hours depending on client and project

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue to hire people with analytical backgrounds

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Filled with smart, data-savvy, down-to-earth people

Senior Research Manager (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGood benefits, good compensation, pleasant office space. Everyone I worked with was friendly, highly competent, and intelligent. I enjoyed eating out with my co-workers regularly. Was motivated to high standard of work by my colleagues. Sadly, there were layoffs and many of these great people dispersed.

ConsLess direct communication from management than in other companies I've worked for. Understanding of the business imperative of our group and revenue goals relative to company goals was not so strong. I like to know how my job and contributions are tied to the company's larger goals.

Great company to work for

Director of Custom Analytics (Current Employee)
    Reston, VA

ProsLeader in digital. Very smart people who work hard and are willing to help. Opportunity to work on multiple clients. Combine business with Analytics . Great for people who are quantitative or technology experts. You can work in lots of offices in the US and international . Ideal location in Reston town center with many bars and restaurants. Smart people can advance fast.

ConsPlace can be chaotic. Workload can be heavy at times

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize high performing people. Do a better job at communicating company direction

Fun, easy going company though lacking direction in growth at times.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people there are fun and its a great place to learn about the online atmosphere.

ConsThere are a lot of long hours at times at comScore and negative air with a lot of uncertainties from upper management.

My experience at comScore has been good overall.

ProsExperience, growth, education, exposure, and innovative

ConsThe biggest con about comScore is probably the hours.

Laid back atmosphere and great client exposure

Client Service Analyst (Current Employee)
    Reston, VA

ProsThere is a very laid back atmosphere where employees enjoy a business casual attire. The cafeteria has an xBox and is stocked with snacks, letting you relax when things get stressful. Exposure to clients is great and allows entry level employees to hit the ground running. There is very much an entrepreneurial atmosphere, allowing employees to grow the business organically and tackle challenges in a fast-paced technology based firm.

ConsOccasionally it might be difficult to break away from work. Since there is a large learning curve and peak workloads, you might find yourself working late into one night and similarly having little to do another day. Management understands this and is flexible in allowing privileges to compensate for long nights.

Innovative company with best in breed product suite

Client Service Analyst (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsAt comScore, there is an unwavering focus on innovation and product improvement. The list of clients that comScore services is extensive and impressive, giving employees the chance to work on top brands. Furthermore, the work environment is incredibly friendly and senior management is highly accessible and engaged.

ConsAs with most market research and consulting companies, the work life balance can suffer from time to time. This is particularly evident in the 4th quarter.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to innovate and strive to become the currency of digital advertising from both a planning and measurement point of view.

comScore is a great place to start your career

Reston, VA

ProsGood place to work. Management leaves you with a lot of responsibility very early in your career. Decent pay grade.

ConsLots of responsibility really early in your career is not ideal for some. Some people can remain stagnant throughout their career at comscore.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould be wise to promote high risers more quickly based on their work. Otherwise, they'll find interest in other companies.

Worked for comScore? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at comScore reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for comScore CEO Serge Matta. All 123 reviews posted anonymously by comScore employees.