comScore Reviews

152 reviews filtered by
3.3
comScore Chief Executive Officer Serge Matta
Serge Matta

Pros
  • Work/ Life balance is there and we get laptops to work from home for any emergencies (in 12 reviews)

• Most coworkers are very smart, a lot to learn from them; laid back work environment (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Lousy work-life balance, no training or support for promising rising stars (in 10 reviews)

• can have long hours depending on client and project (in 9 reviews)

1. Good place to gain some experience, but that's about it

Former Employee - Survey Research Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at comScore full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generally fun people (depends on the team), free pantry snacks and drink fridge (if that's what you truly value about a work environment), nice and updated office equipement

Cons

Long hours, unfair promotion schedules, unbalanced work loads between teams & work-life balance is terrible

Advice to Management

Invest in ALL your good employees, rather a few. Rock-star employees who may appear amazing could really be a cancer in disguise, pushing a lot of great talent out.

Poorly Managed!

I worked at comScore full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There's some great people who work here. Personally, too smart and talented to be wasted at comscore in my opinion. Health/Dental Benefits are great.

Cons

Management is horrible. They do not care about work-life balance. It used to be a great company to work for, but new management came in and all the good people either left/got fired or let go. Management tells you that they're on your side, but they're so heartless and will stab you in the back at any given notice. The culture now is pretty much, you come in, put your head down, work and go home. You talk to someone, you're worried that you'll lose your job. Not good mentally if this is something you're looking long term.

Start your career here then quickly move on

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at comScore

Pros

Nice office, always has food and snacks to eat. Great company to have on your resume, especially if you want to continue working for a digital analytics company.

Cons

Managers do not know how to manage. I know this is a blanket statement but in certain departments managers are not supportive and talk down to their workers, causing them unnecessary stress and creating a hostile work environment. If you do accept their offer, do not expect any kind of bonus or a pay increase overtime. They are known for keeping employees pay the same even if they do receive a new title.

Advice to Management

When placing someone in a management position, make sure they understand the proper way to manage people. This may sound very obvious but the high turnover in a particular department is a sign that the manager isn't doing a very good job. If someone does not have any management experience, you should put them in a management training course so they have a better understanding of how to properly handle workers. It truly is a shame to lose good workers because of one persons poor management skills.

It's the worst place I've ever worked!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at comScore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free drinks & snacks- pretty much to keep you working longer hours

Cons

Worst place I've every had the displeasure of working! Starts with HR, there is minimal communication from them, no face time, no orientation time, not there to help you review any info as a new employee- pathetic. Then, there is minimal training which oftentimes the info can be incorrect then you're held accountable for poor communication from your manager! Long hours, I worked over 60hrs /week for 2mos straight without any kind of comp time & they don't pay time & a half you get 1/2 time for anything over 40hrs! What an insult to my hard work & commitment. Then laid off w/ minimal severance pkg, some people were there longer than me didn't get anything, just told to leave! So much prejudice, nepatism/favortism that it is clear they don't like anyone not like them! I hate this place & can't wait to leave, just give me my last paycheck & severance & I'm outta here!

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage people, promote from within & stop lying to your staff about hours & some "comscore code" what a joke! You're kiling people, literally with these ridiculous hours & unreasonable expectations.

Geen goede plek om te werken. Not so good place to work

I worked at comScore

(Translated from English)

Pros

Aangename mensen en leuke sfeer.

Pleasant people and nice atmosphere.

Cons

De carrièremogelijkheden zijn beperkt.

There are limited career opportunities.

7. Survey Research Analyst

I worked at comScore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working in Willis Tower,

Cons

Work/life balance, high TO rate, over promising clients

If you like living in fear of layoffs, this is the place for you

Current Employee - Ad-Ops in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Ad-Ops in Chicago, IL

I have been working at comScore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Snacks. Coffee. New decor. The immediate group of people I worked with were OK. Maybe not the most talkative bunch for me, but to each his own.

Cons

I've been sitting on this review I wrote eight months ago, but as I just heard that comScore did ANOTHER round of layoffs (almost exactly a year after I was laid off) I figured it was time to share:

The upper-management that runs their ad-ops area should be ashamed of themselves. The company spent a month and a half recruiting me, interviewing me both in person and over the phone. They made me an offer and I accepted. I gave my two weeks at my job and started at comScore the following Monday. At the end of my third week there I looked over to see the girl that I started with putting her things into a box. They had let her go. I was surprised, but what shocked me even more is I was then called into the manager's office where I was greeted by an HR person from the Reston, VA corporate office.

That's right, I was let go. Along with about 50 other people across the company. Corporations are well within their rights to employ people for as long or as short as they wish, but their reputation deserves the hit if they pull crap like this. To add to the hilarity, my severance package was worth more than the time I spent there.

A couple months later comScore reached out to me to see if I would come back as two people had resigned from the department within a week of each other. I asked for more money or a signing bonus. The recruiter had the audacity to say "if we were to do a bonus it would have to be paid back if you left within a year." I wasn't the one with the commitment issues in this relationship.

I later found the meeting minutes from the quarterly shareholders meeting where it was discussed that they would be reducing costs via layoffs. An extremely short-sighted solution to appease investors.

Thank God the company I was at before comScore called me up and asked me if I wanted to come back. I accepted that with a promotion and significant increase in pay.
    This company does not deserve your investment; whether it is as an employee investing in your career, or someone actually foolish enough to buy stock in this outfit.

Great place to be fooled

Current Employee - Sales Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at comScore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can work from your homeoffice, you can get a company car, a laptop and a cellphone
    Good products

Cons

Not engough space to fill in all the cons in this field, but the most important for me is that they always find a way not to pay or to avoid paying your commission. They chang the conditions on this, on your job title and on your assigned task at any time the like without explantion and communication. NO matter what your contract states the change it to their own discretion. The company has an extrem high employee churn rate.

Advice to Management

Try to be honest, say what you do and do what you say and respect your employees.

Run. Run very far away from this place.

Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at comScore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free drinks and snacks. In the Chicago office you get to work in the Sears Tower, so that's pretty cool.

Cons

I was hired on as a Campaign Manager for their vCE AdEffex product. I left a stable job for this position. Main reason I left was comScore offered me a better salary and normal hours. On the Friday of my third week with them, I was called into my manager's office. There was someone from their Reston, VA HR office on the phone telling me the company was going thru some restructuring and my position was no longer needed. THREE WEEKS after hiring me they just figured that out?!? Poorly managed company to say the least.

Advice to Management

Figure out what you do and don't need before hiring.

Try to avoid this opportunity.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Reston, VA

I worked at comScore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a very convenient location in Reston center (DC metro area), close to metro and bus station and public garages. The company treats you with free coffer, sodas, and potato chips

Cons

Very low professional ethic, most of managers are not technically literate. There are lots political games and wasteful meetings. If you are an engineer your promising is impossible unless you have close relationship with high management.

Advice to Management

Try to change the business model to more human valuable sector.