comScore Reviews

Reset
3.2
comScore Chief Executive Officer Serge Matta
Serge Matta

Pros
  • Work/ Life balance is there and we get laptops to work from home for any emergencies (in 12 reviews)

• comScore is at the forefront of digital measurement and analytics which makes for a very exciting work environment (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance, high TO rate, over promising clients (in 10 reviews)

• one factor that leads to long hours (in 9 reviews)

Horrible

I worked at comScore

Pros

Learn skills like excel and client management that's easily transferable to other jobs

Cons

Data used is tainted. The act of changing numbers in favor of clients is widespread and evidently entwined in the culture at comScore. People turn their heads but that's why turnover is so high and why I left--you end up not believing you're providing a good/honest product to clients that will positively impact ROI. I have heard people make up panel data to skew in favor of a client! Also, there is no transparency to clients and to internal folks. There's a "locked" folder that details "true sample size" (invisible to client service folks) that have the real sample/panel size... comScore says they have 1 million panelists in the US but at any given time the panel is as low as 500K or less! Horrible business ethics...

Try to avoid this opportunity.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Reston, VA

I worked at comScore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a very convenient location in Reston center (DC metro area), close to metro and bus station and public garages. The company treats you with free coffer, sodas, and potato chips

Cons

Very low professional ethic, most of managers are not technically literate. There are lots political games and wasteful meetings. If you are an engineer your promising is impossible unless you have close relationship with high management.

Advice to Management

Try to change the business model to more human valuable sector.

Run. Run very far away from this place.

Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at comScore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free drinks and snacks. In the Chicago office you get to work in the Sears Tower, so that's pretty cool.

Cons

I was hired on as a Campaign Manager for their vCE AdEffex product. I left a stable job for this position. Main reason I left was comScore offered me a better salary and normal hours. On the Friday of my third week with them, I was called into my manager's office. There was someone from their Reston, VA HR office on the phone telling me the company was going thru some restructuring and my position was no longer needed. THREE WEEKS after hiring me they just figured that out?!? Poorly managed company to say the least.

Advice to Management

Figure out what you do and don't need before hiring.

If you like living in fear of layoffs, this is the place for you

Current Employee - Ad-Ops in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Ad-Ops in Chicago, IL

I have been working at comScore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Snacks. Coffee. New decor. The immediate group of people I worked with were OK. Maybe not the most talkative bunch for me, but to each his own.

Cons

I've been sitting on this review I wrote eight months ago, but as I just heard that comScore did ANOTHER round of layoffs (almost exactly a year after I was laid off) I figured it was time to share: The upper-management that runs their ad-ops area should be ashamed of themselves. The company spent a month and a half recruiting me, interviewing me both in person and over the phone. They made me an offer and I accepted. I gave my two weeks at my job and started at comScore the following Monday. At the end of my third week there I looked over to see the girl that I started with putting her things into a box. They had let her go. I was surprised, but what shocked me even more is I was then called into the manager's office where I was greeted by an HR person from the Reston, VA corporate office. That's right, I was let go. Along with about 50 other people across the company. Corporations are well within their rights to employ people for as long or as short as they wish, but their reputation deserves the hit if they pull crap like this. To add to the hilarity, my severance package was worth more than the time I spent there. A couple months later comScore reached out to me to see if I would come back as two people had resigned from the department within a week of each other. I asked for more money or a signing bonus. The recruiter had the audacity to say "if we were to do a bonus it would have to be paid back if you left within a year." I wasn't the one with the commitment issues in this relationship. I later found the meeting minutes from the quarterly shareholders meeting where it was discussed that they would be reducing costs via layoffs. An extremely short-sighted solution to appease investors. Thank God the company I was at before comScore called me up and asked me if I wanted to come back. I accepted that with a promotion and significant increase in pay. This company does not deserve your investment; whether it is as an employee investing in your career, or someone actually foolish enough to buy stock in this outfit.

6. Survey Research Analyst

I worked at comScore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working in Willis Tower,

Cons

Work/life balance, high TO rate, over promising clients

It's the worst place I've ever worked!

I worked at comScore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free drinks & snacks- pretty much to keep you working longer hours

Cons

Worst place I've every had the displeasure of working! Starts with HR, there is minimal communication from them, no face time, no orientation time, not there to help you review any info as a new employee- pathetic. Then, there is minimal training which oftentimes the info can be incorrect then you're held accountable for poor communication from your manager! Long hours, I worked over 60hrs /week for 2mos straight without any kind of comp time & they don't pay time & a half you get 1/2 time for anything over 40hrs! What an insult to my hard work & commitment. Then laid off w/ minimal severance pkg, some people were there longer than me didn't get anything, just told to leave! So much prejudice, nepatism/favortism that it is clear they don't like anyone not like them! I hate this place & can't wait to leave, just give me my last paycheck & severance & I'm outta here!

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage people, promote from within & stop lying to your staff about hours & some "comscore code" what a joke! You're kiling people, literally with these ridiculous hours & unreasonable expectations.

Start your career here then quickly move on

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at comScore

Pros

Nice office, always has food and snacks to eat. Great company to have on your resume, especially if you want to continue working for a digital analytics company.

Cons

Managers do not know how to manage. I know this is a blanket statement but in certain departments managers are not supportive and talk down to their workers, causing them unnecessary stress and creating a hostile work environment. If you do accept their offer, do not expect any kind of bonus or a pay increase overtime. They are known for keeping employees pay the same even if they do receive a new title.

Advice to Management

When placing someone in a management position, make sure they understand the proper way to manage people. This may sound very obvious but the high turnover in a particular department is a sign that the manager isn't doing a very good job. If someone does not have any management experience, you should put them in a management training course so they have a better understanding of how to properly handle workers. It truly is a shame to lose good workers because of one persons poor management skills.

Good place to gain some experience, but that's about it

Former Employee - Survey Research Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at comScore full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generally fun people (depends on the team), free pantry snacks and drink fridge (if that's what you truly value about a work environment), nice and updated office equipement

Cons

Long hours, unfair promotion schedules, unbalanced work loads between teams & work-life balance is terrible

Advice to Management

Invest in ALL your good employees, rather a few. Rock-star employees who may appear amazing could really be a cancer in disguise, pushing a lot of great talent out.

For those who enjoy responsibility without authority

Current Employee - Sales Director in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Director in Reston, VA

I have been working at comScore full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Great Passive Aggressive culture at comscore is one of the most destructive ever seen in the industry. It is so embedded that it will end up killing both this once known great company, and the self-esteem of its employees.

Cons

Decisions at comscore are made based on fear and the possibility of what might happen. The 'objective measurement' is a smokescreen hiding bad business ethics.. The typical manager: - on the surface appears to be agreeable and supportive, but behind the scenes will backstab, undercut, and sabotage. - constantly states that you can trust their words when their actions have consistently shown that not to be true. - makes promises about things when they have no intention of ever following through, often then blaming things that were “out of their control” for precluding them from being able to fulfill their promise. - smiles and agrees with you to your face, but then disagrees or even sabotages things behind your back. - states “I was supportive of you, but this other person wasn’t so there is nothing I can do” in order to place blame on someone else rather than voicing their own lack of support for the matter. - gives positive praise and feedback to you directly, but then takes actions to undercut you to coworkers and management. - withholds important information from other employees in order to make themselves appear more important and more valuable and in an attempt to make others around them fail. - uses sarcasm or humor to make fun of someone else so they can hide behind an “I was just kidding” attitude, when really they meant every word. - wants everyone to believe that they are their biggest supporter and advocate, refusing to be honest and direct with their true feelings.

Advice to Management

?!

Disappointing Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Linden, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Linden, VA

I worked at comScore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't really think of anything... free snacks and drinks (coffee, soda, water, juice), maybe. Pay was decent, about par with the industry.

Cons

I was unimpressed with their operations. Lots of "canned" queries and basic analysis (rate of change). Lots of statistical language thrown around incorrectly during meetings, and I cringed every time. "Always on" mentality: you're "encouraged" to have your email set up on your personal cell phone. This way, when your insomniac supervisor gets a "great idea" at 2:45AM, you can be woken up by their email... and they expect a response to that email immediately, or you'll hear about when you get in the office. Lots of grandiose titles for middle and upper management... and there are *many* layers of management. Lots of internal politics and "in crowd" cliques, leading to a fractured sort of organization... like factions fighting each other to prove their importance over one another, but all do the same job.

Advice to Management

Advice? For management? No, no, no... they are the smartest people in the room.

RSS Feed </> Embed