consilium1

Updated September 29, 2014
Updated September 29, 2014
2.9

Thomas Thomson

Not much depth of opportunity for truly expert level consultants but very nice people

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bloomington, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bloomington, IL

I worked at consilium1 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Gave me a 25% pay increase upon exemplary performance at key client. Hiring process was very professional and Executive VP Guylaine DiSalvo is absolutely wonderful even though I never had the pleasure of meeting her in person.

Cons

Local upstate New York benefits. Out of network for most consultants. Client forced work over my scheduled two week vacation and I was never reimbursed -- that's a $6350 loss on my balance sheet. Was let go when client contract was terminated without cause simply because c1 had no other clients that could pay for me.

Make sure to pay attention to client behavior and reimburse for lost time. Take time to actually meet your top earners even if they are not local.

No Clue

Former Employee - Java Technical Trainer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Java Technical Trainer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at consilium1 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They talk of a great plan and grand promises...

Cons

...but they have absolutely no follow through.

I was only here for 90 days, but it was enough to know I wanted nothing else to do with them.

Learn better hiring techniques than just filling seats, and pay a decent wage!

Leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I worked at consilium1 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

CEO is top notch . Well respected and a brilliant business leader. Decision to leave tough based on that.

Cons

Service delivery organization complete mess. Decisions are made by junior level people that are wrong and not current. Service delivery leadership is a joke and doesn't no anything about modern technologies or services so he goes with what his "team" decides . No wonder customers are flocking. I get calls daily about the mess

Get more involved. Don't be afraid to make a change. Decide a path and stick with it

A Company that cares for its employees as well as its clients.

I have been working at consilium1 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working for c1 is incredibly rewarding. I have been afforded diverse opportunities for learning and career growth. The CEO and Executive Vice President and other Executive management individuals are real, down to earth people that truly care and take the time to build solid working relationships with all employees. This naturally promotes a work environment where everyone is focused on the clients. There is not a better Infrastructure Solutions company in Upstate, New York.

Cons

Like every company, there are always some "bad apples" that create stress. As time goes on, these problems are being identified, and addressed. Other cons? Well? We don't get Fridays off? Seriously. I am reaching.

Keep throwing away apples with worms. The rest of us will pick up the slack and the company will be even better!

Horrible

I have been working at consilium1

Pros

Some of the people are nice.

Cons

Meetings about meetings, you don't even get a chance to accomplish what you had discussed in the previous meeting because you are scheduled to go into another waste of time meeting. The executive leadership loves to hear themselves talk so good luck even getting a word in, and if you ask a question get ready for a 20 minute lecture that is not relevant to what you were looking for in the first place.

Sometimes your at fault, stop blaming everything that goes wrong on your employees.

Moving on

I have been working at consilium1 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Clients are understanding and good to work with. Coworkers are in the same boat and confirm my experiences.

Cons

Focus is only on billing and completing contracts. Advancement, annual reviews, or anything to do with employees is not a priority.

Engage employees and pay attention to employee satisfaction

Great Company, Great Leadership

I have been working at consilium1 full-time

Pros

Love the work environment, the culture and the vision of the company's executives. The company has a great balance on life's priorities between work and family.

Cons

Still maturing in some areas, but nothing that isn't already acknowledged and being addressed.

Keep focused on the big picture. Hire managers you can depend on, figure out what to do with those you can't, then delegate the minutia of daily operations to those responsible.

My experience while working at consilium1 has been nothing short of a success!!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Rochester, NY

I have been working at consilium1 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent leadership team, strong focus on deliverables and customer satisfaction, excellent work environment for those seeking jobs in the IT market, sales driven organization.

Leadership team does not micro-manage your day to day activities. You are coached and trained by experts in various fields to sharpen your skills from day 1. If you have a strong desire to work for a company that supports your efforts and allows your voice to be heard on all levels, consilium1 is the company for you.

Cons

There have been no downside to my employment here since I started.

keep up the good work!

Lots of activity and opportunity for those who want it!

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at consilium1 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Smart people who really know technology. Your voice can be heard and there are many ways to take on additional responsibilities and projects. Leadership very visible, approachable and available for brainstorms and strategy.

Cons

Typical growing pains associated with expansion. Many divisions and sometimes it's hard to stay in the loop on everything.

Keep visible and available - it's a huge plus for the company.

It is a stepping stone job

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at consilium1 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay was was okay but there are not any benefits.

Cons

There are very few benefits, no 401k match, no training, no tuition reimbursement.Health coverage is okay. They don't have many written policies on benefits and it seems to be different from one employee to the next. Some get to work from home while others have to be in the office each day. Some reimburse mobile phone charges while others do not. If you are looking for a long term job, this is not the place. The environment is very volatile and the company doesn't keep employees very long and thus they are constantly hiring and firing which gives them a bad image with their customers.

Hire good talent that can be used in various roles and work with