consilium1

www.consilium1.com

consilium1 Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Thomas Thomson

Not much depth of opportunity for truly expert level consultants but very nice people

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Bloomington, IL

ProsGave me a 25% pay increase upon exemplary performance at key client. Hiring process was very professional and Executive VP Guylaine DiSalvo is absolutely wonderful even though I never had the pleasure of meeting her in person.

ConsLocal upstate New York benefits. Out of network for most consultants. Client forced work over my scheduled two week vacation and I was never reimbursed -- that's a $6350 loss on my balance sheet. Was let go when client contract was terminated without cause simply because c1 had no other clients that could pay for me.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to pay attention to client behavior and reimburse for lost time. Take time to actually meet your top earners even if they are not local.

A Company that cares for its employees as well as its clients.

ProsWorking for c1 is incredibly rewarding. I have been afforded diverse opportunities for learning and career growth. The CEO and Executive Vice President and other Executive management individuals are real, down to earth people that truly care and take the time to build solid working relationships with all employees. This naturally promotes a work environment where everyone is focused on the clients. There is not a better Infrastructure Solutions company in Upstate, New York.

ConsLike every company, there are always some "bad apples" that create stress. As time goes on, these problems are being identified, and addressed. Other cons? Well? We don't get Fridays off? Seriously. I am reaching.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep throwing away apples with worms. The rest of us will pick up the slack and the company will be even better!

Horrible

ProsSome of the people are nice.

ConsMeetings about meetings, you don't even get a chance to accomplish what you had discussed in the previous meeting because you are scheduled to go into another waste of time meeting. The executive leadership loves to hear themselves talk so good luck even getting a word in, and if you ask a question get ready for a 20 minute lecture that is not relevant to what you were looking for in the first place.

Advice to Senior ManagementSometimes your at fault, stop blaming everything that goes wrong on your employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Moving on

ProsClients are understanding and good to work with. Coworkers are in the same boat and confirm my experiences.

ConsFocus is only on billing and completing contracts. Advancement, annual reviews, or anything to do with employees is not a priority.

Advice to Senior ManagementEngage employees and pay attention to employee satisfaction

Great Company, Great Leadership

ProsLove the work environment, the culture and the vision of the company's executives. The company has a great balance on life's priorities between work and family.

ConsStill maturing in some areas, but nothing that isn't already acknowledged and being addressed.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focused on the big picture. Hire managers you can depend on, figure out what to do with those you can't, then delegate the minutia of daily operations to those responsible.

My experience while working at consilium1 has been nothing short of a success!!

Account Executive (Current Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsExcellent leadership team, strong focus on deliverables and customer satisfaction, excellent work environment for those seeking jobs in the IT market, sales driven organization.

Leadership team does not micro-manage your day to day activities. You are coached and trained by experts in various fields to sharpen your skills from day 1. If you have a strong desire to work for a company that supports your efforts and allows your voice to be heard on all levels, consilium1 is the company for you.

ConsThere have been no downside to my employment here since I started.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work!

Lots of activity and opportunity for those who want it!

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsSmart people who really know technology. Your voice can be heard and there are many ways to take on additional responsibilities and projects. Leadership very visible, approachable and available for brainstorms and strategy.

ConsTypical growing pains associated with expansion. Many divisions and sometimes it's hard to stay in the loop on everything.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep visible and available - it's a huge plus for the company.

It is a stepping stone job

IT Project Manager (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsThe pay was was okay but there are not any benefits.

ConsThere are very few benefits, no 401k match, no training, no tuition reimbursement.Health coverage is okay. They don't have many written policies on benefits and it seems to be different from one employee to the next. Some get to work from home while others have to be in the office each day. Some reimburse mobile phone charges while others do not. If you are looking for a long term job, this is not the place. The environment is very volatile and the company doesn't keep employees very long and thus they are constantly hiring and firing which gives them a bad image with their customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire good talent that can be used in various roles and work with

Senior Application Architect

Senior Applications Architect (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsHas a good leadership team who care for their employees and listen to their comments.

ConsMaybe could give better renumerations

Sales driven organization

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsAt one time they had good projects going on, but they've basically disappeared in this region (from what I've seen).

ConsThey talk about building practices and developing services, but didn't follow it up with any investment in building the delivery organization. The executive management team is purely focused on short term sales (and profit) rather than a longer term vision.

Worked for consilium1? Contribute to the Community!