dd's DISCOUNTS

dd's DISCOUNTS Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014

dd's DISCOUNTS CEO Michael Balmuth

Michael Balmuth

Nice place to work and earn some income

Retail Associate (Current Employee)
    El Centro, CA

ProsI like the work flexibility, co-workers, management team. Great work atmosphere and customers. The work here seems enjoyable, upbeat, and fun. The training is fairly easy, but may take a week, two or three to fully understand it. Everybody strives to be their best and collaborate as a great team. Customer service is great. There are smiles everywhere. :)

ConsIf you are new to the retail industry, you will experience some setbacks, but do your best, and you will excel. There may be few hours a week to work at times, but it depends on your availability, projected volume and sales. Depending on your situation, a second job may be needed. Store can get messy at times, but gets cleaned up quick, eventually. It is recommended to be open-minded.

Advice to Senior ManagementExcellent management team. Provide more in-depth training to new employees who are new to the retail industry.

Good times amongst management and staff but more cons than pros

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsThere is a lot of potential for growth, if you put yourself in a position to get, meaning speaking to the right managers and making yourself available. Yearly raises.

ConsHorrible customers, very hard to get promoted within the company, constant turnover of management.

Advice to Senior ManagementA lot of people with potential within the company who just need the opportunity to show what they can do.

i somewhat enjoyed my time employed

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

Prosflexible hours staff members were helpful and understandable

Consnot enough hours were given

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Playing Politics

ProsFast Paced environment, consistently trying to be more efficient with time money etc. You will find genuine employees that treat this business at their own which make your job as a leader so much easier.

ConsWhen that vision trickles down the line it losses meaning, between Zone Directors, District Directors, District Managers and Market Managers. Lots of inconsistencies across the leadership of the company at DM level.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep a paper trail, and cover yourself first, the DMs are quick to flip the script when you are not on their good graces. Follow your DM directives and you will be fine.

Great job to start out at but not to stay long term.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe other employees attitude andmaking youfeel welcomed. dd's offers easy training techniques.

ConsStore manager not utilizing employees strengths to better the store.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a system to allow employees to explore other positions to help improve the store.

Very good internship program

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat learning experience and opportunity to see the fashion market.
    Great insight on the daily responsibility of assistant buyers

Consyour opportunities depend on the buyer you are paired up with

Advice to Senior Managementmeet more frequently to touch base with interns

Great learning experience

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsAlma Mercado has great leadership and integrity which she should expect and follow up with on her DMs and ALPMs as they do not represent her very well to store teams.

ConsHigh demand and stress with little support from DM. Work hours are too for the pay. Rude DMs who have double standards and obvious favoritism.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to listen to managers because DMs are not always right and they are not honest or fair but intimidate managers so they don't say anything. Look in to the favoritism by DMs

nothing to say

Retail Associate (Former Employee)
    Rialto, CA

Prosthere are only pros for those who work in management employees have no real say so so if you want a great DD's experience don't go

Consmostly everybody is 2-faced while working with you sometimes it seems they wont you to fail on purpose.l no cross training at all just tell you what to do and expect you to be the best at it even if you never done the job at all.

Burntout.

Front End Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Riverside, CA

ProsThe discounts are nice, especially double discount days. Somewhat flexible shifts.

ConsIt is a difficult company to move up in; and only certain people gets those opportunities. They take for ever to certify workers and there are no raises with promotions. New associates get more hours than those that have been at the store longer.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe fair and remember that we need to feel supported by management.

Area Supervisors are not respected by upper Management

Area Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits and fast growth if you know the right people.

ConsUnreasonable expectations, Poor staffing for business needs and payroll budgeting. Extremely rude clientele base, upper management does not give any concern to employee needs or training. No accountability when needed. Very stressful and chaotic environment on a constant basis. high turn over rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide a better training structure so that the buddy program can be effective. Learn to listen to your associates concerns rather than dismiss them. Learn to even workload so that associates and other members of the managment team do not become overwhelmed.

Worked for dd's DISCOUNTS? Contribute to the Community!

dd's DISCOUNTS – Why Work for Us?

​​​BEHIND EVERY BARGAIN​​​ Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes an incredible team of individuals to make that possible… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at dd's DISCOUNTS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for dd's DISCOUNTS CEO Michael Balmuth. All 58 reviews posted anonymously by dd's DISCOUNTS employees.