drillinginfo Reviews

Allen Gilmer

1. Challenging me to be the Best

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at drillinginfo full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I can't think of a company with a culture that is so inclusive and makes you want to be better. From my first day, my bandwith has been stretched to see how much I can handle. There is no shortage of people willing to help you get better and push you to your limits. The CEO regularly walks around the offices with no reserves and makes you feel like you're the only person in the room.

Cons

Things can feel a bit disorganized at times. I don't know that it's a con though. Through the lack of structure ideas are born to make it a better place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, I haven't worked for a better company.

2. Treat their employees great!

Current Employee - GIS Technician in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - GIS Technician in Austin, TX

I have been working at drillinginfo

Pros

Treats their employees great
    Great location on the Barton Creek Greenbelt & they have showers and some fitness classes

Cons

There is no bus stop and it is a little to get to unless you take the highway.

Advice to Management

Have some more team building exercises for employees.

3. Great Company

Current Employee - Data Technician in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Data Technician in Austin, TX

I have been working at drillinginfo

Pros

Great pay, career oportunity, awesome CEO and Executive board members, neat perks, great benefits, business casual, interesting field

Cons

Like in every workplace there is office politics, but tattletales, bully's and gossip make for poor team moral and an award vibe..

Advice to Management

Push for better team moral. Friendly peers make for a happy atmosphere thus better focus

5. Great company and environment

Former Intern - Software Developer in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Former Intern - Software Developer in Highlands Ranch, CO

I worked at drillinginfo as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

This company has a great work culture. Everyone knew their stuff and were willing to pass that info on.

Cons

The oil & gas industry is down right now. Must be willing to ride the booms and busts of this industry.

6. Good company to work for

Former Intern - Data Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Intern - Data Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at drillinginfo as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Good office environment. Felt like a valued member of the team and work was always interesting. Good hours.

Cons

Salary wasn't the highest, not a great deal of on the job training but I enjoyed the challenge of it so no real cons.

7. I adore this company, and love my job!

Current Employee - Data Technician III in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Data Technician III in Austin, TX

I have been working at drillinginfo full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I feel my job is serving a useful and important purpose. My employer is flexible, respectful, and I look foward to going in to work every day. I feel challanged always, my ideas are heard and we are a team. Benefits are the best Iv had and theres plenty to learn, and advance. This is a career!

Cons

I hav'nt found a con yet :)

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you do, employees love a good challenge, and of course...respect, dignity, personl space and room for growth. I have nothing negative to say here, I hope I get to work for Drillinginfo for many years to come!

8. DI is a company full of hardworking passionate individuals and I am happy to go there each day.

Current Employee - GIS Technician III in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - GIS Technician III in Austin, TX

I have been working at drillinginfo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy working on new projects and having the freedom define my own workflow. The GIS department offers a flex schedule which I enjoy.

Cons

The fast pace of drillinginfo demands that you keep producing at top levels and there is no shortage of things to get accomplished. This can be overwhelming at times.

Advice to Management

Continue keeping employees happy with incentives and rewards. This is highly appreciated and I always look forward to the new initiatives coming to the office. Also, keep communication flowing so we know where the company is headed too!

9. Great People

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at drillinginfo

Pros

- great people
    -encouragement to better yourself and your career
    -there's a reimbursement program to pay for classes
    - senior management tries to make themselves available by meeting with employees through lunches and walking the floors
    - encourages self-starters and innovators
    - bright and open office

Cons

- cross-departmental communication needs to improve
    -lots of growing pains
    - salary is low for industry

Advice to Management

Focus more on fewer products and improve communication between all of the product teams. They can become black boxes to each other and cause problems that the other teams are unaware of.

Amateurs

Former Employee - Anonymous in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Austin, TX

I worked at drillinginfo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Business casual working environment / Work - Life Balance

Cons

Other posts have mentioned bullying, office politics, unorganized departments, low wages, etc. That about sums it up.

Advice to Management

People kissing up to you and making you feel good about yourself should be left within your personal network. Basing promotions / major decisions for the company off of these "feelings" you have for people is one reason you keep losing revenue. The other reason is that more acquisitions does not = more value to your customer base.

Small Company and No E-Brake

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Austin, TX
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Austin, TX

I worked at drillinginfo as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

- Friendly and welcoming, almost always meet someone new.
    - Eager and outgoing personality.
    - Passion to provide the best they can (applied to certain departments).

Cons

- For how much talking happens, no one seems to talk business with each other, very disambiguated from employee to employee, manager to subordinate, etc.
    - Business related topics get lost in the shuffle in meetings, half of them are about chatting.
    - Manager to subordinate bullying, managers feel that their metrics don't count and only yours do. You're often reminded of the Managers pull in getting simple things like a laptop to getting better business practices in place. Talking down to their subordinates is common.

Advice to Management

- One-on-one's will help discourage manager-subordinate bullying. This is not an emotionally healthy environment.
    - Having monthly meetings that cover the overall company goals, not just accomplishments, will help employees see the big picture and which direction to head.
    - As soon as possible, identify policies and procedures of coworker interaction and healthy ways to communicate, not only these policies but at least have an orientation that helps new employees understand the company, their role, and policies to protect them from managers.

drillinginfo Photos