e-Builder Reviews

Updated March 9, 2015
38 reviews filtered by
2.9
Ron Antevy

Overall great company, but there is room for improvement

I have been working at e-Builder

Pros

Great co-workers who work hard and become like a second family. Good health benefits, nice clients, new office with a game room, fun company events, and a flexible work schedule. e-Builder has also started to provide career training for their employees which is great.

Cons

e-Builder is a very metric driven company which can be good and bad. Good because you always know where you stand, bad because the goals can feel unreachable at times. It can feel a bit like a pressure cooker but it comes in waves. With e-Builder growing at such a rapid rate, we are experiencing growing pains. The transition from a small "mom and pop" to a large tech company isn't easy. Although the benefits are good, you have to use PTO for sick days and there is no paid maternity leave.

Take advantage of the feedback you receive

Bit like a dysfunctional family

I have been working at e-Builder

Pros

great co-workers, huge market potential, cool product/concept, customer-centric focus, for the most part everyone including the executive team has good intentions, decent benefits, great clients and opportunities to learn, leading edge area of technology, hiring has improved in the last 6 months and we've had some great new additions to the team

Cons

high burnout rate but work/life balance is probably par for a small software company, must be able to juggle multiple priorities with little direction or support, company policy is dead against promoting from within - seen this time and time again in multiple departments, penny wise/pound foolish, prefer to let the same issues drag on and on than be realistic about making the right investment to fix them, high employee churn creates pressure on employees who stay, management appears unable to address company-wide negativity and blames individual employees for it

Love the company but it's not for everyone.

Good company & employees... despite "growing pains"

I have been working at e-Builder full-time

Pros

Great co-workers who work hard and work well together. 100% of employee health benefits are paid for. Fun company events and opportunities to develop your tool set but you must be willing to create your own opportunities. The work-life balance is good - management understands and respects family and family time. It's a very metric driven company with clear goals each quarter/year, so if you thrive in that type of environment, this is a great company for you. You always know where you stand.

Cons

The company is at an interesting point in time with growth. We're on a fast track to grow to a large tech company so there is a lot of change occurring which can leave you feeling unsettled. Benefits are good but can be improved to include maternity and paternity leave and a way to solve "sick" days so employees actually stay home when they're sick. Like any job, there are times when we are under a lot of pressure to hit goals that may seem unattainable or lofty.

My advice to management would be to continue to look into the pains that employees are experiencing and really try to solve them. Aside from employee surveys, there should always be open lines of communication to a manager or executive. Also, provide more internal opportunities for growth and promotions to retain the great employees you already have. Continue to fix the "growing pains".

Mom and Pop mentality company trying to act like a major SaaS company

I worked at e-Builder full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good work/life balance and owners are very nice

Cons

Constant pressure and negativity. Group of 5 or so original employees in development are allowed to act and speak as they please, with no repercussions.

Revitalize departments with new company focus

Mar 5, 2015VP, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry that your experience did not match our intention of being the best place you ever worked.

We value and consider all feedback and
    ... More

Great potential, but management has no visibility into how employees really feel

I have been working at e-Builder

Pros

Good health benefits, great coworkers, nice new office, good location for those traveling from north or south. There are some great people at e-Builder who work really hard. Up until this year we received bonuses based on sales, but that's changing. Overall the company had a good thing going for years, but they are struggling with the rapid growth. Management continues to blame everything on growing pains and talk often about how things will improve, but they haven't.

Cons

Salary is not competitive and expectations are high. The workload can be unmanageable. Turnover has been pretty high compared to other tech companies I've worked at. They let a lot of people go in 2014 and everyone was fearing their job at some point, but that's gotten a little better. All of the recent positive reviews are clearly HR. Instead of posting fake reviews on Glassdoor, HR and Senior Management should be taking the time to really dig deep into the reasons why their employees are unhappy. If they did, it could be a great place to work. It's a shame because moral is really low right now.

Stop conducting surveys and doing nothing with the results. I've taken at least 3 surveys in my time here and nothing has come of them. Put yourselves in your employees shoes. All we want is a decent salary to provide for our families, growth opportunities, and a stimulating work environment where we are respected and heard. Do some research on other software companies with low turnover rate and high employee satisfaction rate. Happy employees become invested in the company and work harder, which in return makes you more money.

Mar 5, 2015VP, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide input on areas of improvement. We have been making strides in taking this type of feedback and making changes across the enterprise, which will ultimately ... More

Overall okay but wasn't the company for me long term.

I worked at e-Builder full-time

Pros

Great coworkers, detailed and thorough on-boarding, trying to fix any growing pains, if you're single they offer to pay 100% of health insurance, employees who travel get to keep their points and miles instead of the company getting the benefits

Cons

Low compensation for the expected job duties, still a small company so often job duties are blended between people and not clearly defined (however they are moving in right direction). Very little work-life balance in certain roles.

Really look into the unhappy employees. All it takes is one person to start a low morale patch.

Mar 5, 2015VP, Human Resources

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback. As we continue to grow and add maturity to process as well as clarity around roles and responsibilities, to your point, this should be ... More

8. Great Company with Huge Upside Potential

Current Employee - Director of Account Management in Plantation, FL
    Current Employee - Director of Account Management in Plantation, FL

I have been working at e-Builder full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Leadership of the company is very focused on growing the business and maintaining the culture. Very rigid hiring process ensures that the right people are brought in. Much time and focus is spent making sure everyone is on the same page regarding direction, strategy, mission and goals.

Cons

I have not come across any negatives at this point. Managing 40% growth has its challenges and I am sure I will experience some in the future as we continue to scale the company.

Keep doing more of the same and keep hiring great people that will help us continue to scale successfully.

Mar 5, 2015VP, Human Resources

Thank you for providing this positive feedback. Our hiring process allows us to ensure that we are putting the right people in the right roles and that, coupled with the organizations' transparency ... More

9. High Growth Company With Expanding Opportunities

I have been working at e-Builder full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

High growth company which is expecting a 30-40% growth in both revenues and employees in the next 12 months. Lots of opportunities to grow your career if you make an effort to advance. Office expansion was recently completed to accommodate expected growth. Included in the expansion is an employee game room, which includes ping pong, pool, darts, foosball and a Wii. Employee Medical Insurance is covered at 100%, with Dental, Life, LTD and STD offered as well. Executive leadership is very involved in the day to day operations. Both the CEO and Founder of the company lead weekly training sessions on various aspects of the business. The company fosters a friendly collaborative atmosphere.

Cons

With the consistent growth that the company has enjoyed, the workload of some can be a bit much. The addition of a dedicated HR team has helped to increase both the quality and quantity of new hires and the gap is closing.

Continue to keep the communication lines open with employees regarding Company, Department and Personal goals and direction.

Mar 5, 2015VP, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working here! We strive to ensure that we are providing our employees with not only strong benefits, but now with opportunities of training and ... More

10. e-Builder is a great place to work

Current Employee - Business Development in Plantation, FL
    Current Employee - Business Development in Plantation, FL

I have been working at e-Builder full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I feel e-Builder has a genuine interest in us as employees, i have seen concerns of mine been addressed
    quickly.The company put together events for us which i think is great way to know your co workers and family is important.Training is constant and we meet frequently to be on the same page which i think is important for a team to work well together.

Cons

There are no perfect companies, becuase we live in an unperfect world. I would say on areas e-Builder can imrpove would be in defining processes (ie.position rolls,granular details on sales process,ect.) as the company grows which i have felt from time to time but i do see the company making th effort to effectiovly make the change.

11. Hyper growth company - tremendous opportunity

Current Employee - Employee
    Current Employee - Employee

I have been working at e-Builder full-time (more than a year)

Pros

After reading some of the bad reviews, I wanted to share a positive experience. I have been here at e-Builder for over a year and I have to say its the best decision that I have made in my career. I love the team oriented environment. I like being in a smaller company where you have the opportunity to shine. Many positive changes have happened over the past year and seems like we are on the right track.
    Friendly co-workers who are always willing to help when needed. I know that there will always be some negative, but there are way more pros than cons.

Cons

Extensive interview process, though I get why they do it