e-Builder

Updated January 14, 2015
3.2

Ron Antevy

High Growth Company With Expanding Opportunities

I have been working at e-Builder full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

High growth company which is expecting a 30-40% growth in both revenues and employees in the next 12 months. Lots of opportunities to grow your career if you make an effort to advance. Office expansion was recently completed to accommodate expected growth. Included in the expansion is an employee game room, which includes ping pong, pool, darts, foosball and a Wii. Employee Medical Insurance is covered at 100%, with Dental, Life, LTD and STD offered as well. Executive leadership is very involved in the day to day operations. Both the CEO and Founder of the company lead weekly training sessions on various aspects of the business. The company fosters a friendly collaborative atmosphere.

Cons

With the consistent growth that the company has enjoyed, the workload of some can be a bit much. The addition of a dedicated HR team has helped to increase both the quality and quantity of new hires and the gap is closing.

Continue to keep the communication lines open with employees regarding Company, Department and Personal goals and direction.

Overall okay but wasn't the company for me long term.

I worked at e-Builder full-time

Pros

Great coworkers, detailed and thorough on-boarding, trying to fix any growing pains, if you're single they offer to pay 100% of health insurance, employees who travel get to keep their points and miles instead of the company getting the benefits

Cons

Low compensation for the expected job duties, still a small company so often job duties are blended between people and not clearly defined (however they are moving in right direction). Very little work-life balance in certain roles.

Really look into the unhappy employees. All it takes is one person to start a low morale patch.

Great Company with Huge Upside Potential

Current Employee - Director of Account Management in Plantation, FL
    Current Employee - Director of Account Management in Plantation, FL

I have been working at e-Builder full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Leadership of the company is very focused on growing the business and maintaining the culture. Very rigid hiring process ensures that the right people are brought in. Much time and focus is spent making sure everyone is on the same page regarding direction, strategy, mission and goals.

Cons

I have not come across any negatives at this point. Managing 40% growth has its challenges and I am sure I will experience some in the future as we continue to scale the company.

Keep doing more of the same and keep hiring great people that will help us continue to scale successfully.

e-Builder is a great place to work

Current Employee - Business Development in Plantation, FL
    Current Employee - Business Development in Plantation, FL

I have been working at e-Builder full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I feel e-Builder has a genuine interest in us as employees, i have seen concerns of mine been addressed
    quickly.The company put together events for us which i think is great way to know your co workers and family is important.Training is constant and we meet frequently to be on the same page which i think is important for a team to work well together.

Cons

There are no perfect companies, becuase we live in an unperfect world. I would say on areas e-Builder can imrpove would be in defining processes (ie.position rolls,granular details on sales process,ect.) as the company grows which i have felt from time to time but i do see the company making th effort to effectiovly make the change.

Great company, great people, excellent growth

I have been working at e-Builder full-time (less than a year)

Pros

e-Builder is a great company to work for and the people are fantastic to work with. There is great work life balance and with the tremendous amount of growth the company is experiencing, there is opportunity for professional career growth as well. I also have taken notice that the executive management team here is committed to making sure e-Builder's employees are happy and successful. They are taking a proactive approach by listening to the employees around what works and what doesn't, what makes the employee's happy and what concerns they have. Management has taken this feedback and is implementing necessary changes to ensure that as the company grows, the processes, policies, and tools in place also mature and change to support the employees and the organization as a whole. It is refreshing to have a management team that cares this much.

Cons

There are some growing pains. However, this is very typical of a fast growing company and management seems to be taking the right steps to make sure those pains are minimal.

Hyper growth company - tremendous opportunity

Current Employee - Employee
    Current Employee - Employee

I have been working at e-Builder full-time (more than a year)

Pros

After reading some of the bad reviews, I wanted to share a positive experience. I have been here at e-Builder for over a year and I have to say its the best decision that I have made in my career. I love the team oriented environment. I like being in a smaller company where you have the opportunity to shine. Many positive changes have happened over the past year and seems like we are on the right track.
    Friendly co-workers who are always willing to help when needed. I know that there will always be some negative, but there are way more pros than cons.

Cons

Extensive interview process, though I get why they do it

Left a few days in. Very unethical practices!

I worked at e-Builder

Pros

Somewhat newly expanded office. Nice employees.

Cons

This company will literally tell you anything you want to hear during the interview. I made my pay expectations very clear upfront early on when the recruiter called me. I was told what my compensation would be when I was offered the position (which was the amount I asked for) and even went back a second time to go over the comp plan because things just didn't seem right. They also sent me an email with it all laid out. After they assured me of my compensation a second time I accepted the position and turned down other offers I had. This is when things started to go south. They pushed my start date back 3 weeks. When I finally started the very first thing they had me do was sit with my manager and sign a "comp plan document/agreement". I was told my compensation was significantly different then what had been offered to me and Half of the 2 page agreement goes into detail about how compensation can change without notice. quote: "this plan supersedes all representations or previous plans of any kind." And that's exactally what happened. The pay was misrepresented (intentionally) and I was told my commissions were capped (which I asked 3 separate times and people who told me they were uncapped.) when I brought this to the attention of HR and management I was bluntly told "we made changes to the plan for the new year and commission is now capped. Sorry we didn't tell you that" and as for my base compensation change I was told "it is what it is". I decided that leaving was the best option as this was the most unethical thing (among other practices I noticed there) I have experienced from a company in my professional career. I suggest those considering a job with e-builder be very careful in regards to this as I have the feeling this is the norm. (Note: many of the positive reviews are management covering up negative ones)

Make integrity and ethics your most important core value. Shady practices only hurt company growth in the long run.

Don't Dismiss The Negative Reviews!

I worked at e-Builder

Pros

Interesting clients. Some helpful co-workers.

Cons

Think long and hard about accepting an offer with this company. I dismissed the negative reviews about the company and am very sorry I did.

I Was Treated Worst Here than any Job I Have Ever Had in my Life

Current Employee - Programmer in Plantation, FL
    Current Employee - Programmer in Plantation, FL

I have been working at e-Builder full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The new office ; SDLC software ; good, central location if you commute from one of the other counties, as I did.

Cons

They say they treat employees well but they don't. They treat employees atrociously. Pay is terrible. They skimp on everything. In my opinion the owners are stingy, greedy and cheap. The new office is not adequate for the company's needs. They should be higher in overall revenues for the number of years they have been in business. You have little discretion and judgment in your job - the managers have to handhold everyone. You eventually just disengage because you are tired of being treated that way. It is not the employees - it is the management, because these same employees leave and don't have that problem in any other job.

Demonstrate more maturity. Refrain from volatility.

Experience, Opportunity, Growth,

I have been working at e-Builder full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

In my 2+ years at e-Builder, the experience they have added to my career is priceless. From day 1, I have been given the opportunity to work with executives of fortune 500 companies such as NetApp and Facebook. I was given the autonomy to make decisions on my projects, and supported by an amazing team. My boss Brian Norusis cares about my career and he has spent countless hours coaching me on how to be successful in my roles here.

Cons

Some projects can be very difficult, however In the end, its those clients that I have grown the most from.