eBay Enterprise

eBay Enterprise Reviews

Updated Jun 26, 2014

eBay Enterprise President Chris Saridakis

Chris Saridakis

Pros:
  • "Excellent work environment - It is a pleasure to be in the office, even though I can work from home"
    in 13 reviews
  • "Bagels on Wednesdays, Chips on Fridays"
    in 11 reviews
Cons:
  • "Working from home should be consider to create better work/life balance"
    in 21 reviews
  • "no career path , no work life balance , bad senior management, instead of fixing the source of the problems they fall trying, by adding a new process"
    in 9 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

good company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosinteresting work, growing, working iwth great brands

Constough to get stuff done

Advice to Senior Managementmake things easier

business analyst

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    San Jose, CA

Proscoworkers are great. pay is decent.

Consa lot of re-org and it takes time to get things approved.

Advice to Senior Managementshould listen to the employees before marking decision

Brutal Pace - the right team means everything

Technical Manager (Current Employee)
    King of Prussia, PA

ProsOpportunity for advancement is very high. Under a manager who aligns goals properly, it's possible to rise in job grade with relative swiftness.

Pay is above average for most positions. In the right group under a manager who knows how to recognize accomplishments, the financial rewards can be amazing.

The breadth of available technologies to work with is great.

ConsThe pace isn't for everyone. In nearly any team in nearly any department, a lot is demanded of you with little resources and little time.

It seems there's a hiring freeze every other week, so teams are never staffed properly.

Retention is abysmal. Those working 3+ years here are considered seasoned veterans. Don't count on the person next to you sticking around for long.

There is a huge disconnect between upper management and the low level grunts. Lip service is paid to aligning goals of individuals with company goals but there is never any follow through.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to actual talk to some of the people "on the ground" once in a while.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No Incentive to Work Hard

N/A (Former Employee)

ProsFree Bagels, Soda, Ability to work from home sometimes

ConsLaughable pay raises, promotions are rare, growth (what's that?), working around the clock, beating their employees into the ground until they have nothing left to give, little-to-no recognition, revolving door, terrible culture, senior management non-existent. Only way to get a raise is by getting another offer and making them match it. This is a known fact.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of all of them and start over.

What a mistake

Sales (Current Employee)
    Tempe, AZ

Prosno good reason to work here.

Consbad decisions by management causes loss of market share

Advice to Senior Managementget somebody in place who can set a direction to win

Employee Review

ProsPeople are nice to work with, great benefits, easy to talk to Sr executives

ConsGrowth in the company is unknown

Just a horrible place to work at

King of Prussia, PA

ProsThe pay and benefits are decent

ConsEverything else? I knew I made a mistake a week after I started. Everyone is miserable. Low morale. Constant finger pointing and passing the buck amongst teams and departments. High turnover and that's not even considering the layoffs that happen almost yearly. They're losing clients left and right because of missed goals and timelines. Run far and fast away from this company

Advice to Senior ManagementCare a little about your employees.

A rough road ahead...

Group Director (Former Employee)
    King of Prussia, PA

Pros- Interesting work with high profile clients
    - The agency team in KOP is hard-working and dedicated
    - Impressive benefit package

ConsFor years I watched top-talent -- good, hardworking employees -- resign or get laid off. Here are only a few of the reasons...

- Massive staff turnover -- over 30% annual voluntary attrition
    - Terribly understaffed -- 400+ layoffs in 2013 leaving a barebones and overworked employee base
    - Missed revenue targets year after year -- bonuses only partially funded in 2012 & 2013
    - Poor and disorganized leadership -- CEO resigned in January for "family" reasons, head of agency dismissed in Nov 2013, too many reorgs to count
    - Technology platform in shambles -- current clients are jumping ship left and right and almost no new clients are coming on board (hence missed revenue targets)
    - Unhappy and dissatisfied clients -- tired of broken promises and massive delays on the technology front, clients are pulling work from the agency
    - Lack of culture - No glue or common tread holding the disparate groups together, everyone is out for themselves

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish that I had advice. Leaving was bitter sweet, as I loved my core job, the people who I worked with day-to-day and the awesome clients. I didn't love the BS, I didn't love fighting so hard day in and day out, I didn't love a constant revenue target over my head and feeling like I was never doing enough and never could do enough.

Never a dull moment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Louisville, KY

ProsThey have very solid fulfillment practices completed by an overall hardworking and dedicated staff. As a company, I think eBay wishes to be a premier employer that provides a great work environment.

ConsWorklife balance isn't very good and compensation is average. The company does not capitalize on opportunities to further invest in current clients and misses value added services opportunities that could generate additional revenue.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrive to improve employee retention through worklife balance and compensation. Build infrastructure that supports growth rate.

Check your expectations of work-life balance at the door...

ProsSalary
    Learn a lot... fast
    Casual dress

ConsHigh expectations that you will work long hours and be available any time
    Hard to get recognized or promoted fairly
    Lots of turnover
    Poor planning / processes

Worked for eBay Enterprise? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at eBay Enterprise reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for eBay Enterprise CEO Chris Saridakis. All 213 reviews posted anonymously by eBay Enterprise employees.