eBay Enterprise

eBay Enterprise Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014

eBay Enterprise President Chris Saridakis

Chris Saridakis

Pros
  • Excellent work environment - It is a pleasure to be in the office, even though I can work from home(in 13 reviews)

• Bagels on Wednesdays, Chips on Fridays(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Working from home should be consider to create better work/life balance(in 22 reviews)

• no career path , no work life balance , bad senior management, instead of fixing the source of the problems they fall trying, by adding a new process(in 9 reviews)

Worse than slave labor

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) King of Prussia, PA

ProsOpportunity to go work for corp in San Jose, flexible schedules, nice people

ConsRequired to work 24/7, inadequate benefits/pay, no work/life balance, company cannot support client needs, no employee retention plan, constant turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the people you have right, stop being so skimpy with head count if you want this to be a great place to work as you claim.

Can't Move Up Don't hire within.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Walton, KY

ProsPTO is great. Nothing else is really that good.

ConsNo way to move up. They always hire outside for supervisor and manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire within. Give people credit that has done the job for years and not make them train someone who has no clue that is going to run your DEPT.

Only if you don't want to have a life!

Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsLearned a great deal. Liked the fast paced environment.

ConsWorked grueling hours. Treated like cattle. No strong leadership. More finger pointing than fixing from executive team. If you want/need something fixed, you have to figure out how to do it yourself, or live with it. Cross functional teamwork was non-existent. Every department works in a silo. Lots of technology issues with little support and LOTS of passing the buck.

Advice to Senior ManagementOWN IT!!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work!

Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) King of Prussia, PA

ProsFeel I am part of the whole process with our team. Always have visibility to my manager as well as their managers. Always opportunities to work with different teams.

ConsLittle behind on the technology front, but making strides.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being open and honest to your employees.

Terrible Place to work

Test Automation (Current Employee) King of Prussia, PA

ProsAbility to learn a lot of new things - because everything is done at a fast pace. You do get paid well but other benefits are just ok.

ConsYou are working for a sweat shop. You are just a number and nothing more. Grueling hours and management will only look to point out faults regardless of how much work you put in. Terrible work culture - everyone is pointing fingers at each other (teams in different product areas do not work well with each other). Clients are unhappy, the platform is based on a terrible product from Intershop.

Oh yeah - and management decided that they didn't want to have test automation. So that they can hire cheaper manual QA just fresh from college or abuse the eBay internship program some more. I felt so sorry for those poor kids - not getting paid to work in this terrible place.

Please do not in your right mind join this place if you care for your health or family. We were stuck in a room like a bunch of cattle and management was checking to see who comes in at what time and leave at what time. It was just terrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't think employees are just a number. Oh and the reviewer who said that they have sabbaticals - ha yes but three years down ok?

Formerly GSI Commerce

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Walton, KY

ProsHealth benefits were reasonable and covered domestic partners which not many employers do.

ConsThis was probably the worst company I've ever worked for. Employees were treated like a number, there was no compassion, safety was seriously lacking, everyone was overworked and underappreciated. A lot of unethical things going on from upper management.

It just keeps getting better and better!

Senior Manager (Current Employee) King of Prussia, PA

ProsBrilliant, engaged, engaging, excited people who are all motivated to do something extraordinary every day.
    Shared Commitments and Behaviors that are embraced and lived and make a difference every day, in every interaction.
    Lots of growth opportunity - personal and professional development. Chances to grow and contribute in different ways. Talent is recognized and cultivated.
    Excellent work environment - It is a pleasure to be in the office, even though I can work from home!
    Outstanding benefits including a paid sabbatical every 5 years - to recharge and come back rejuvenated.

ConsThe company has growing pains. Our growth is phenomenal and systems and processes need to catch up. There are worse problems to have!

Advice to Senior ManagementStay on this path and keep gaining traction.

Great pay--Not the best work!

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Eau Claire, WI

ProsPay, Lots of paid time off, Helping to get people through their problems was a rewarding feeling

ConsA lot of negativity, You get yelled at on the phones/on emails a lot, Sometimes management did not seem to genuinely care about employees

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know employees better to help them toward their goals

Good to get big names on resume, not much else - Not a Career Company

(Former Employee) King of Prussia, PA

Prosfree bagels on Wednesdays, free gym, ability to work from home, Great Exposure to clients - that hate the company but do look good on a resume, decent vacation time - if you can actually use it - pto days and holidays will be lost to you as you will be working for demanding clients 24/7 and are expected to serve them at the drop of a dime.

ConsLong Hours, Low Pay, High Stress, Undervalue employees, no direction, Little to no Job Satisfaction, Job may be re-scoped at any time for the needs of the business (goodbye development). Don't take the Pro of 'ability to work from home' as a good thing - this is more like - you will need to work from home because you can't sleep in the building.

Strategically located outside of Philadelphia to avoid the citywage tax as well as justify low salaries. Any problem that you are charged with figuring out is almost impossible to complete due to the fact that no one sticks around for more than 2 years. What could and should be a quick call to retrieve an answer turns into a rathole for you to run down. With recent layoffs resources move from team to team and project to project and wash their hands of previous work leaving you high and dry. This leads to high stress with clients breathing down your neck for answers and no one in the organization is able to answer or is willing to help.

Teams the should work well together are highly siloed making it difficult to get anything done. Workers who have been with the organization for more than a year are jaded, most people just seem to come to work to collect a paycheck.

Be prepared for frustration and hours of life lost for a meaningless cause. There was an obvious recent push for better reviews on this site to attract talent. Don't be fooled - an average of 2.5 stars as a company over 150 reviews is an indicator of the experience with the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive employees a reason to stick around for than a few years

Good job with low work pressure

Software Engineer (Former Employee) King of Prussia, PA

ProsGood team environment and work life balance

ConsA little behind on technological front

Worked for eBay Enterprise? Contribute to the Community!