eBay Enterprise

eBay Enterprise Reviews in Melbourne, FL

2.9

eBay Enterprise President Craig Hayman
Craig Hayman

Pros
  • Excellent work environment - It is a pleasure to be in the office, even though I can work from home (in 13 reviews)

• Bagels on Wednesdays, Chips on Fridays (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Working from home should be consider to create better work/life balance (in 24 reviews)

• no career path , no work life balance , bad senior management, instead of fixing the source of the problems they fall trying, by adding a new process (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

11 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It was an ok place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Melbourne, FL

I worked at eBay Enterprise full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The benefits were awesome,and the coworkers and some of the management I worked with was great,as well as the customers.

Cons

When they hire you,they have you sign a contract that states your schedule,pay rate and etc,BUT,then they'll change your schedule to a totally different shift even though you signed a legal contract with them a yr before.

be upfront with your employees about their schedules,pay rates and etc & more importantly stick to it.

Great place to work. The company provided training for new products and educated customer reps on what to expect.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Melbourne, FL

I worked at eBay Enterprise full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of cross training with other companies

Cons

Needs to increase the pay

GSI Commerce, now eBay Enterprise

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Melbourne, FL

I worked at eBay Enterprise full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They give two weeks of training, and the work reviews and training continue weekly once on floor. When the holiday season is in full swing, there is often no time for breaks (or breathers), so every now and then someone will walk by handing out pretzels, bottles of water or soft drinks, cookies, etc. At season's end, the retailing partners often offer their samples at hugely discounted prices for employees, and everyone gets a fair chance at getting them. If you make it through the season without quitting or being fired, there's a $1/hour worked bonus in January.

Cons

It may have been the toughest job I've ever had. While I love customer service, it's sometimes hard to connect with someone who phones in because of a problem with an order they've received. I liken it to road rage where, because they're anonymous, many times civility is thrown out the window, and they feel they're entitled to a reward because they've been inconvenienced; and the louder they are, the greater the chance of getting that reward. The huge majority of complaint calls were not this way, but unfortunately, the ones that were stick out in my mind more vividly.

No advice. I think they did a fantastic job.

Excellent Company

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at eBay Enterprise full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits, pay raises, plenty of opportunity to advance, working from home.

Cons

Can be tedious at times.

Continue to showcase employee talent.

Great job if you like customer service and talking to people

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at eBay Enterprise full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Company is good to workers, chance of advancement within company. Flexible hours, alot of overtime during season, undertime if you want it when it is slow.

Cons

Customers are horrid, unreasonable people during season, with unrealistic expectations.

Better training on software systems so you are not so lost when you hit the floor.

Good for call center

Former Employee - Seasonal Customer Service in Melbourne, FL

I worked at eBay Enterprise full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good management; will work above and beyond to help, easy, laid back, casual, good pay for the amount of work you do

Cons

Slow calls except during holidays, few holidays off except Christmas, rarely get 40 hours a week, was seasonal for 8 months before made permanent, some managers will send you home involuntary when call volume is slow

Average call center, but like to play mind games of future hire.

I worked at eBay Enterprise

Pros

The pay was good for the area and that it is a 24 hour call center. Few people were genuinely good people. Also, knowing the deals at your favorite stores and companies.

Cons

Working as a seasonal, there were mind games of future hiring. You wasn't sure if they would keep you. Seem like there were alot of "clicks" in the call center. The people who were very unprofessional were hired. Those with experience and professionalism, was not hired. Reason for those people who were hired and not "fit" were the ones who were friends with the supervisors or ran in that circle.

Also, was an overnight CSR, some of the policies and procedures that were taught in training did not apply and did not know till last minute. That can effect your performance. Speaking with reps who wanted to help you succeed tell you this.

However, they let me laid me off but promised to keep my resume on file. When I applied the following seasoning (knowing what is expected and times of employment are hard these days), I applied for the same position, however the supervisor on that shift told HR not to hire me for that department and go to another. Both HR and I could not understand why. While working with the Supervisor, we never bumped heads and was actually friendly and open. Additionally, helpful on how the overnight procedures worked. So not understanding why the Supervisor did not recommend me. Still baffled.

The same policies for temp to hire agents should apply to hire agents. Seems that temps are more professional with each other as well as with the clients than the agents. Agents get away with murder because they are not being supervised appropriately as well as the wrong people are being hired. Take a look at work history, employee history and not if they run in a certain circle. granted this is a call center, but still this is a place of business and handling with clients and their important sensitive information. Everyone should act professional.

It was a pleasant experience.

I worked at eBay Enterprise

Pros

My Supervisor was very helpful and understanding
    Trainers insure you understand all material and take time to do one on one's. I have seen them do this with many of my co-workers
    It is a new experience and gives you insight on another environment and in the customer service field
    They encourage you to return for another season
    If you need to call out you can ask for undertime for shorter hours so it does not effect your absences or need to go to appointments for yourself or family members that you have to take to appointments
    Benefits and bonuses for regular/permanent employees

Cons

They send people home early occasions for what they consider undertime which usually leaves you short hours in your check and if you have a family or bills to take care of the salary may hinder your ability to cover financial responsibilities
    They tell seasonal hires that there will be a chance for regular and permanent employment as long as you meet the 90 and above percentile. I know many who had great scores and still did not advance
    Many coworkers said they did not get the "$1 for every hour you worked at the end of the season" bonus for one excuse or another so they only got the $0.50 for every hour worked during the season bonus.

Not a career move - but maybe a bridge

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at eBay Enterprise

Pros

Call center offers - 24 shifts available

Cons

hard to get 40 work week

good place to learn and perfect skills, then move on (and up)

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

I worked at eBay Enterprise

Pros

excellent benifit package for the Brevard/Melbourne area - pay is above average for Brevard

Cons

black and white policies for a subjective job - one size fits all approach - does not work with a division that handles 50 + partners Customer Service duties .. upper management will stand behind lower tiered managers, no matter how many times they are/were wrong

depending on the 'vertical', management has technical skills but lacks wisdom and insight as to what makes employee's put forth their best efforts -

eBay Enterprise Photos