eBay Enterprise Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
eBay Enterprise President Craig Hayman
Craig Hayman

Pros
  • The only pro is that you can work from home but that's not even great because you are expected to work 60 hours a week (in 13 reviews)

• Bagels on Wednesdays, Chips on Fridays (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Working from home should be consider to create better work/life balance (in 24 reviews)

• no career path , no work life balance , bad senior management, instead of fixing the source of the problems they fall trying, by adding a new process (in 9 reviews)

Great Company to work for - depends on your boss - your blessed if you get a high level job.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at eBay Enterprise

Pros

In my particular group we are working on a very high level with tens of thousands of moving parts and if you can fit in you get to work with the best and brightest IT people in the world. In my group we deal with incredible amounts of complexity and challenges every week and are solving V11 problems all day long. If you have a crappy position or boss, you are free to move along, we are building something great here.

Cons

I sometimes lack direction when I complete my current task early. I could use more support or documentation from peers who know the area I am trying to get results in. But on the other hand these tasks are so cutting edge I suppose not many IT experts know this latest and greatest technology and could document it.

Advice to Management

The emails from the Chris S the CEO did make me feel connected to a common goal. Everyone loves to win or hear good news once in a while. I am guessing all employees like working for a good cause not some greedy CEO or faceless big company. I do love all the brands I get to work with so that is a boost for me to put in the extra effort. My boss lets me innovate freely and I will never stop adding value because he gives me freedom to think outside the box and trusts me to add value without micro-management or daily stress.

2. Great place to work if you love technology & the challenges of a high growth company

I have been working at eBay Enterprise

Pros

- Great opportunity if you have a strong work ethic - eBay Inc transforming culture toward technology innovation - New wave of talent being hired which opens doors for all levels / roles - Redefining commerce and the way people shop - New management team - Truly international opportunity and experience to learn from

Cons

- Days are longer than in traditional corporate america (consulting feel to the overall work effort) - Casino being built right down the street (well maybe that is a Pro for some!) - Lack of formal processes add to lots of unplanned work - Internal communication channels are lacking

Advice to Management

New senior leadership team is very strong and with the positive influence of eBay, things are beginning to turn the corner.

a great experience

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Detroit, MI

I worked at eBay Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

creativity, fun, and interesting work. Never ending amount of interesting work to do.

Cons

long hours, and sometimes tight deadlines. need to ensure you work for a good group, otherwise you will feel bite of politics.

Advice to Management

allow more autonomy

Great job if you like customer service and talking to people

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at eBay Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is good to workers, chance of advancement within company. Flexible hours, alot of overtime during season, undertime if you want it when it is slow.

Cons

Customers are horrid, unreasonable people during season, with unrealistic expectations.

Advice to Management

Better training on software systems so you are not so lost when you hit the floor.

6. Headed in the Right Direction

I have been working at eBay Enterprise (More than a year)

Pros

Tremendous opportunity ahead with the combined eBay/GSI businesses. Great growth potential and some cool things happening as the company streamlines and integrates the different GSI businesses. Hired some really strong leaders in recent months.

Cons

There is a lot of work to be done and the transition to incorporate eBay tools and processes can be painful at times, but that is to be expected when a company of 5k gets acquired by a company five times as large.

Advice to Management

Set the course and stay the course.

Turning things around, really exciting future ahead!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at eBay Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of excitement about the future of the organization, what the possibilities are with eBay and other eBay business units. Some great senior leaders have been hired in the last 12 months, you can see a difference in the strength of leadership. There are a lot of creative minds and the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well!

Cons

Lots of work, long hours, but you feel like you're making an impact and really making a difference.

Advice to Management

Continue to integrate with the rest of eBay, keep holding leaders accountable for delivery of results.

8. Business Analyst

Former Employee - Business Analyst in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at eBay Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance was great / 4:10 Fridays / relaxed work atmosphere however got work done correctly and timely

Cons

Need to be proactive about promotions and position changes.

Advice to Management

empower associates more

9. Impressed

I have been working at eBay Enterprise

Pros

Fast paced, lots of growth potential

Cons

Fast paced...must love change! Being in eCommerce, you have to love to move fast!

Fantastic Onboarding and University Programs Experience

Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at eBay Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was recently recruited for a position at one of eBay Enterprise's divisions. Many businesses have just become part of the eBay team and I was invited to join an onboarding and orientation process with other new university hires - undergraduate, MBA, and Doctorate alike. This entailed two weeks of team-building, lectures, project work, and face time with company executives. It was a great experience and very meaningful in terms of understanding how the new eBay company functions across many services and businesses.

Cons

The orientation process was long and it was focused on bringing together all business units. Because it included a diverse group, I had to come back to my position and do additional training there.

Advice to Management

Continue to offer this University Program, and make sure to reach out to past participants for advice and improvements for the future.

11. GSI Commerce, now eBay Enterprise

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Melbourne, FL

I worked at eBay Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They give two weeks of training, and the work reviews and training continue weekly once on floor. When the holiday season is in full swing, there is often no time for breaks (or breathers), so every now and then someone will walk by handing out pretzels, bottles of water or soft drinks, cookies, etc. At season's end, the retailing partners often offer their samples at hugely discounted prices for employees, and everyone gets a fair chance at getting them. If you make it through the season without quitting or being fired, there's a $1/hour worked bonus in January.

Cons

It may have been the toughest job I've ever had. While I love customer service, it's sometimes hard to connect with someone who phones in because of a problem with an order they've received. I liken it to road rage where, because they're anonymous, many times civility is thrown out the window, and they feel they're entitled to a reward because they've been inconvenienced; and the louder they are, the greater the chance of getting that reward. The huge majority of complaint calls were not this way, but unfortunately, the ones that were stick out in my mind more vividly.

Advice to Management

No advice. I think they did a fantastic job.

RSS Feed </> Embed