eBay Enterprise

Updated December 16, 2014
2.8

eBay Enterprise President Craig Hayman
Craig Hayman

Pros
  • Excellent work environment - It is a pleasure to be in the office, even though I can work from home (in 13 reviews)

• Bagels on Wednesdays, Chips on Fridays (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Working from home should be consider to create better work/life balance (in 24 reviews)

• no career path , no work life balance , bad senior management, instead of fixing the source of the problems they fall trying, by adding a new process (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Was with the wrong team; un-fulfilling long hours; no mentorship, no new/open technologies used

Current Employee - Software Engineer II in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer II in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at eBay Enterprise as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Relatively good pay. For some initial months, had free beer Fridays!

Cons

Long hours -- work is never ending. Not is it satisfactory in the end of day. The new software platform will take some years to mature so it's currently do whatever it takes to hack, hack, hack

Empower technical managers, senior developers to do the right thing. Provide some sort of incentives so that any remaining smart managers/developers do not leave the company after 6+ months.

Run away - don't walk - Terrible place to work!

Current Employee - Manager in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at eBay Enterprise full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Compensation and benefits are solid
    Facilities are well maintained

Cons

- Totally dysfunctional organization, from top to bottom (some departments are worse than others)
     - Absolutely no appreciation of work force, you are viewed as a "tool" to be used until broken.
     - NO work life balance – NONE, anyone who tells you different is lying to you.
     - Expectations are totally unrealistic, due to past miss-steps and terrible decisions, which the company is now paying for in a big way.
     - Could continue, but basically – this is a terrible place to work.

Check the egos – stop living on past accomplishments - the place is a mess and you should know that - if you guys were so good, so smart, so advanced, your clients would say so, yes... Not sure that is happening, is it?

Take a REAL look at the state of the company, be real, be honest, and identify WHO allowed it to happen (at all levels, not just executive level, but Directors / Senior management as well) – need to clean house.

you need new blood/viewpoints, and listen to them if you can get anyone of substance to sign-up for the re-build!

Build alignment, teamwork and change the culture, it starts at the top – not just talk, real change.

Hope it is not too late!

good company

I worked at eBay Enterprise

Pros

interesting work, growing, working iwth great brands

Cons

tough to get stuff done

make things easier

No Incentive to Work Hard

Former Employee - N/A
    Former Employee - N/A

I worked at eBay Enterprise full-time

Pros

Free Bagels, Soda, Ability to work from home sometimes

Cons

Laughable pay raises, promotions are rare, growth (what's that?), working around the clock, beating their employees into the ground until they have nothing left to give, little-to-no recognition, revolving door, terrible culture, senior management non-existent. Only way to get a raise is by getting another offer and making them match it. This is a known fact.

Get rid of all of them and start over.

Employee Review

I have been working at eBay Enterprise full-time

Pros

People are nice to work with, great benefits, easy to talk to Sr executives

Cons

Growth in the company is unknown

business analyst

Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Jose, CA

I have been working at eBay Enterprise as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

coworkers are great. pay is decent.

Cons

a lot of re-org and it takes time to get things approved.

should listen to the employees before marking decision

Check your expectations of work-life balance at the door...

I have been working at eBay Enterprise

Pros

Salary
    Learn a lot... fast
    Casual dress

Cons

High expectations that you will work long hours and be available any time
    Hard to get recognized or promoted fairly
    Lots of turnover
    Poor planning / processes

Brutal Pace - the right team means everything

Current Employee - Technical Manager in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Technical Manager in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at eBay Enterprise full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity for advancement is very high. Under a manager who aligns goals properly, it's possible to rise in job grade with relative swiftness.

Pay is above average for most positions. In the right group under a manager who knows how to recognize accomplishments, the financial rewards can be amazing.

The breadth of available technologies to work with is great.

Cons

The pace isn't for everyone. In nearly any team in nearly any department, a lot is demanded of you with little resources and little time.

It seems there's a hiring freeze every other week, so teams are never staffed properly.

Retention is abysmal. Those working 3+ years here are considered seasoned veterans. Don't count on the person next to you sticking around for long.

There is a huge disconnect between upper management and the low level grunts. Lip service is paid to aligning goals of individuals with company goals but there is never any follow through.

Take the time to actual talk to some of the people "on the ground" once in a while.

Just a horrible place to work at

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at eBay Enterprise

Pros

The pay and benefits are decent

Cons

Everything else? I knew I made a mistake a week after I started. Everyone is miserable. Low morale. Constant finger pointing and passing the buck amongst teams and departments. High turnover and that's not even considering the layoffs that happen almost yearly. They're losing clients left and right because of missed goals and timelines. Run far and fast away from this company

Care a little about your employees.

A rough road ahead...

Former Employee - Group Director in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Group Director in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at eBay Enterprise full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Interesting work with high profile clients
    - The agency team in KOP is hard-working and dedicated
    - Impressive benefit package

Cons

For years I watched top-talent -- good, hardworking employees -- resign or get laid off. Here are only a few of the reasons...

- Massive staff turnover -- over 30% annual voluntary attrition
    - Terribly understaffed -- 400+ layoffs in 2013 leaving a barebones and overworked employee base
    - Missed revenue targets year after year -- bonuses only partially funded in 2012 & 2013
    - Poor and disorganized leadership -- CEO resigned in January for "family" reasons, head of agency dismissed in Nov 2013, too many reorgs to count
    - Technology platform in shambles -- current clients are jumping ship left and right and almost no new clients are coming on board (hence missed revenue targets)
    - Unhappy and dissatisfied clients -- tired of broken promises and massive delays on the technology front, clients are pulling work from the agency
    - Lack of culture - No glue or common tread holding the disparate groups together, everyone is out for themselves

I wish that I had advice. Leaving was bitter sweet, as I loved my core job, the people who I worked with day-to-day and the awesome clients. I didn't love the BS, I didn't love fighting so hard day in and day out, I didn't love a constant revenue target over my head and feeling like I was never doing enough and never could do enough.

eBay Enterprise Photos