eBay Inc.

eBay Inc. Reviews in King of Prussia, PA

Updated Jul 21, 2014

eBay Inc. President and CEO John J. Donahoe

John J. Donahoe

Pros
  • Depending on your area in the company, there is a real emphasis on work-life balance(in 99 reviews)

• Many smart people with pretty diverse industry backgrounds(in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • Once you reach manager level or higher, work-life balance will suffer(in 68 reviews)

• Frequent senior management attrition, leading to reorgs / policy changes(in 40 reviews)

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Immerse yourself in eCommerce

Director (Former Employee) King of Prussia, PA

ProseBay is an innovative, forward thinking company with a very positive corporate culture, strong executive leadership at corporate level (in San Jose), excellent benefits and internal employee programs, and very smart people.

ConsThere was zero work like balance at eBay Enterprise (formerly GSI Commerce). There were integration pains in relation to corporate culture. eBay Enterprise's leadership not quite on board with corporate leadership priorities as it related to work/life balance. Employees did not feel comfortable taking advantage of any internal program that didn't result in more GMV for their clients and management did little to discourage this behavior. Also, clients were unhappy with continued delays to technology platform, which created strained relations for those managing client relationships.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet on board with encouraging employees to take time to recharge.

Nice company to work for

Software Engineer (Former Employee) King of Prussia, PA

ProsGreat benefits
    Fair pay
    Great people to work for who appreciate their employees.

ConsLong hours
    High stress
    Short time lines

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on providing employees with better work life balance.

Great story to tell!

Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) King of Prussia, PA

ProsReally passionate people, it's great that we're now a part of eBay. You feel like you're really making a difference and having an impact. Working hard leads to results. Company has hired a lot of new senior leaders who are leading the company in an exciting direction.

ConsBusiness units still operate in a bit of a siloed environment, but are starting to integrate and work together more effectively.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat vision and strategy, but we need to get better at executing to get the results that we want.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Do Not Work for Ebay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) King of Prussia, PA

ProsThere are no pro's for Ebay

ConsMy company was acquired by Ebay. In addition to the typical shifting and layoffs of our people, they gave our work to India and demanded that we teach them how to do our jobs. That meant working 24 hour days and weekends. They followed that up by hiring Accenture to "help" streamline and cut corners. Ebay gave Accenture complete power and as a result everyone associated with development and testing have lost their jobs and replaced with Accenture employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. All my managers and their superiors lost their jobs or were moved into positions at the whim of Accenture.

know what you are getting into. long hours high expectations

Software Consultant (Former Employee) King of Prussia, PA

Prosgreat pay, nice perks, flex hours

Conslots of turnover in management, annual layoffs

Advice to Senior Managementshow interest in day to day operations

Worked for eBay Inc.? Contribute to the Community!