eClinicalWorks

Updated Jun 30, 2014

eClinicalWorks President Girish Kumar Navani

Girish Kumar Navani

37 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Stressful but a very comfortable place to work

Implementation Manager (Current Employee)

Pros1. Extremely Challenging
    2. Makes you think outside the box always
    3. Constant ongoing learning makes you a better professional

Cons1. Compensation.
    2. Most of the positions are corporate headoffice based.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to focus more on employee strengths than their location.

Great place to learn but underpaid

Product Manager (Current Employee)
    Westborough, MA

ProsWork environment is very friendly. Flat heirarchy allows for employees to connect and meet executive level staffs without a lot of effort. The company has been growing significantly in healthcare IT industry and is doing well for itself

ConsThere are no proper processes in place. People are thrown into different projects without proper training. While the company does provide title, most of the employees are underpaid. Worklife balance is not so good. Too much work with less number of resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould have work-life balance, underpaying employees will only lead them to move into other places.

Work HARD. Get recocognized. Play hard.

SAM (Former Employee)
    Westborough, MA

ProsEnergy. Lot of young people to work with.

ConsCould be tough hours. Pay could be low to start off, especially in certain departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter base salaries.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

eCW employee

Software Developer (Current Employee)
    Westborough, MA

ProsIf you are interested in working hard, have something to offer, can take responsibility and can finish what you start, you will love this place.

The company is in this for the long term.

Yes, lots of husband/wife employees. Many relatives and friends get hired. What is wrong with this - I think it creates a great culture.

Great CEO - a better one you will not find in any industry.

ConsIf you are NOT interested in working hard, DON'T have anything to offer and/or DON'T want to take on the responsibility to deliver, you will NOT find this a good place to work.

Have read many of the reviews and it is true - you will work hard at eCW. You get plenty of time off, great benefits, and may have a low salary but this is more than made up with profit sharing (total compensation is very competitive, but only if the company is profitable - which it has been every year).

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to move quickly. Remain private - it is a huge competitive advantage and lets you focus on the long term success of the company. Continue to stay as flat an organization as possible. Middle level management doesn't really add much value so only use where necessary.

I have had a mixed experience with the company

Westborough, MA

ProsCall it my luck but i have always have good people to work with. The team is more like a family and I truly enjoy work with them. There is a flat hierarchy in the company and is never difficult to meet and talk to executive level. There is a lot of opportunities within the company to grow and build strong resume.

ConsThe pay rate is way below normal for the jobs. Not much training is provided during transition phase into new positions. Lots of internal politics goes around and there are people running around trying to take credit for other people's work. Overworked employees at much lower salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

roller coaster ride

Strategic Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Westborough, MA

ProsAs many others mentioned also, if you work hard, senior management will appreciate and take care of you. You are expected to run at 100 miles per hour non-stop! But it also pays off well.

ConsThis place is for those who do not care about work-family life balance. If your personal life situation changes, it will not take them days to forget all your previous achievements. Playing one employee against another is common to get work done. Promotions take forever because all core buddies are placed at management level - some are good but many are not even close to being deserving.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be more options or opportunities for part-time jobs, opportunities to obtain certifications that add value to employee's credibility, credit for those who are willing to study.

One of the Best Privately Owned Software Companies in Healthcare Today!

Customer Service Center Specialist (Current Employee)
    Westborough, MA

ProsTerrific Owners and co-workers, great work environment, good benefits, genuine caring of employees overall well-being, many opportunities for personal and professional growth

Consthe philosophy of the company is to somewhat underpay in direct salary, while partially compensating in benefits and bonuses

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is primarily true that the pay rate is less important than opportunity for advancement and recognition of contribution to the team. However, the wheels of opportunity and recognition can move too slowly for some. There are many talented people in the call center role that go unnoticed and under appreciated. More communication between HR and this group would help identify employees with the right attitude and skills to be more beneficial in other open positions at the company. The call center is underutilized as a recruiting resource.

Great for people who wants to start their career

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Westborough, MA

ProsFlat organizational hierarchy, open for new technologies

ConsLow Pay, No Training, No employee match 401K program, No work from home policy.

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamline the IT and give training.

techincal support engineer

Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee)

Prosflexible work culture. Friendly environment

Consco-ordination among the teams and among support and development

Advice to Senior Managementbe competative

Don't want to write a review but had no choice,need to get full access on Glassdoor so thought of using the opportunity

Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsNo Pros

ConsPhew.....!!! Thinking where to start. Okay, Very importantly company needs to understand how to treat employees, those people bring business to the company and dont get even a penny of what they deserve. Somebody needs to circulate work ethic rules in the company. Also, since when the promotion is started for the family members and not the deserving candidate. There are so many potential candidates in the company (in my opinion,they are wasting their talent and time)

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice is going to affect the management and not even the management would improve. so leaving this section

Worked for eClinicalWorks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at eClinicalWorks reviews and ratings in Westborough, MA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for eClinicalWorks CEO Girish Kumar Navani. All 37 reviews posted anonymously by eClinicalWorks employees.