eCoast Sales Solutions

Great place to work

Current Employee - Business Development Representative  in  Rochester, NH
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Rochester, NH

I have been working at eCoast Sales Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot of people may complain about eCoast but it is a great place to work. They care about the employees and work hard to make sure everyone has a chance to succeed.

Cons

Takes a long time to get hired on from being a temp. The expectation is not clearly set in the beginning.

I think employee engagement is always a challenge in a call-center environment. Great job working hard to keep everyone happy and thank you for the effort. I know it goes unappreciated sometimes.

My experience was a good learning experience.

Former Employee - IT Administration & Business Development  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - IT Administration & Business Development in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at eCoast Sales Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work provided me to continue and refresh my IT experience. Gaining up to date technology skills was really needed.

Cons

Watching the turnover take place with co-workers. The constant watching and listening to phone conversations was really not necessary.

Need to relax a little more with employees who are doing the best they can to gain the business needed for success to the company.

A great start to a hopefully fruitful career.

Former Employee - Team Leader  in  Rochester, NH
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Rochester, NH

I worked at eCoast Sales Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Promotes from within, competitive sales environment, aggressive base pay for entry level positions, great introduction to IT industry. I really enjoyed the fun team environment that was eCoast provided and I am very appreciative for them giving me the start in the industry.

Cons

Lack of true sales roles, not paying out enough commission for revenue generated, promotions for the sake of promotions when people aren't the best fit. Not too much that is negative, this is a great place for someone looking to get their foot in the door in the inside sales industry.

Less turnover is important. I think a culture change is of dire need if you want things to change at eCoast.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

New CEO=Run away.

I worked at eCoast Sales Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are some really good people that have not left the company yet.

Cons

The folks who run this company do not understand the business they are in or why they are in the business, outside of an opportunity to build it and dump it on some other unsuspecting investment group.

Cut your losses.

Working at eCoast

Current Employee - Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at eCoast Sales Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

You do not need a lot of experience to get hired.

Cons

Mid-level managers started out as telemarketers and many have never had another job = the blind leading the blind

Increase management talent

Worst Place Ever

Current Employee - Business Development Representative  in  Rochester, NH
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Rochester, NH

I have been working at eCoast Sales Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work for people that have no clue whats going on

Cons

Everything else with this company

Pull it together

Fairly good company-focus on telesales appointment setting

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Rochester, NH
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Rochester, NH

I worked at eCoast Sales Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competent results, this is not internally production based company.

Cons

Very much a company that is not friendly to those over 45.

Age has its benefits, experience and ease in communication.

Very Variable

Former Employee - Business Development Representative  in  Rochester, NH
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Rochester, NH

I worked at eCoast Sales Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are really, genuinely nice when you first arrive, and if you're a nice person, they'll continue to be pleasant. Not unlike many other workplaces.

There are three big groups that an employee can be sorted into, this can be a strength as employees generally know what they're going to be doing every day. It almost forces people to specialize, which generates more leads.

There are some really great lower and middle management managers that are super helpful and want to see employees succeed.

The company has been very proactive with trainings for current employees. If you don't feel like you're doing well and you can articulate why, they are very willing to train and have people sit in with you.

If you get hired on to the company, rather than through the temp agency, the benefits are awesome and it's generally easier to work there.

The new owners seem to be trying really hard to work on making sure that employees feel recognized. They built a board that allows for anyone on the floor or in the company to compliment each other anonymously or otherwise. They also hold a monthly meeting in which they regularly give out awards to people who deserve them.

The company also tends to offer jobs to current employees before they put ads about them outside the company. It's worth mentioning that many of the middle to upper management started on the phones.

Cons

If you're not a nice person, or not into talking to co-workers, there are a lot of people who will not hesitate to talk behind your back about you. It doesn't effect the job you do or the work you're given, it just makes the environment a little less friendly

You work in a cubicle. Many people liven up their cubes, but it is still very difficult to do.

The three big groups are run by very different leaders. Out of the three, the most successful group are run by the best management duo. The other two are very difficult to work in because of a combination of both the management duo and the work that the teams do on a day-to-day basis.

There are some really terrible lower and middle management managers. And though many have spoken to the proper people about the problems, they were addressed once, and within a month the lesson was proven futile.

There are no management trainings, even though the company prefers to promote from within. The owners are very hands-off when it comes to direction for the middle management managers, as well. Making their jobs, which are already pretty new, that much harder.

The company only brings in temps. This would not be an issue, except that they keep them temps for far too long. In order to be hired on as an eCoast employee, you must have an above average lead per day ratio for 3 months on the floor, which means that by their own estimations of new hire performances, it will be upwards of 6 months before you're considered. Even then, there is typically a long list of potential employees for them to consider. It takes a WHILEEEE.

Give managers clear directions and management training when they need it. If they aren't performing as a manager should, do the hard thing and send them on their way.

Less incentives with scratch tickets. People rarely win. Try a bigger prize in a drawing at the end of the day. A mystery prize would work especially well.

Hire more people, more often. Your current practices are unethical.

If you seek no thrill in a work environment, this place is cozy.

Former Employee - Business Development Representative  in  Rochester, NH
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Rochester, NH

I worked at eCoast Sales Solutions as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The work itself is easy enough: Cold-Call - Talk to the decision maker - find their needs/wants - interest them in scheduling an appointment with a local Sales Representative - write a 1-2 page report for the Sales Rep to read when going into their appointment (Honestly that's it.)

Pay is alright. (As a temp)

It's a somewhat social work environment (based on your team & leader.) So, it isn't entirely boring.

If you can get hired on through eCoast

Cons

The company doesn't directly hire you. YOU MUST BE HIRED THROUGH A JOB PLACEMENT AGENCY. All pay differently - Once HIRED THROUGH eCOAST - PAY RAISE IS $3-$5 more an hour.

You can be a great worker there for a YEAR and NOT be hired on through the COMPANY, eCoast. (Several gossipy people there always complaining about how long and hard they worked and never were offered a "full-time eCoast signs the paycheck" job.)

You call on campaigns that have been beat to heck. While your manager says, "You're just not trying hard enough."

The social work environment can get catty - men too. As I said before, GOSSIP.

The "Team Leaders" are typically the worst at doing business and do little to very little motivating.

Incentives were targeted to employees of eCoast and not to temps/job placement agency employees. (I wrote the most business on my team during Easter week. It was because I was a temp at the time that I wasn't "eligible for the Friday Early Out" incentive.

Quotas were stuffed down your throat as a temp. (Which I always exceeded) The folks that were eCoast employees were HONESTLY never making a "quota" on my team.. but if they did do so - They were given a bonus. Temps there do NOT get bonus - depending on which agency they go through.. the agencies all get the bonus'.

My biggest personal problem with working there was the fact that it didn't take long to find out that if you do well, no one appreciates it. If you deserve that raise, you'll still be a "temp." The only way to move up the ladder there, is waiting for someone to have a heart attack for the position to be filled. Worst of all, it's the place people go to not care about life. I used to joke that it was the place people worked to die.. become obese.. eat.. call.. complain.. eat.. ebay purchase.. call.. complain.. pay a bill.

Also, there is improper ventilation in the building.. in the summer - so hot you could vomit. In the winter, so cold you need to wear your parka.

Consider evaluations for your temps and employees to see who is worth having around. There are many talented people there who become unhappy and impatient. Letting people know their worth and paying compliments where compliments are due will make for a happier, more productive work enviornment.

A Winning Company!

Current Employee - Call Agent  in  Rochester, NH
    Current Employee - Call Agent in Rochester, NH

I have been working at eCoast Sales Solutions

Pros

eCoast is a growing company with a lot of great people. The atmosphere is casual and respectful. Lots of team spirit especially around softball season! The new owners, A. Tait and C. Montgomery are cool. They have the right energy and resources to really take the company full speed ahead. They seem to understand that the company is where it is because of the great people that work there. Trained, professional, customer oriented people. One of the best companies I've ever worked at.

Cons

The only downside, and it's not eCoast's fault, is the old beatup building it is in. Sometimes this gets annoying and if you work there you know what I mean.

You're doing a great job. Keep the communications flowing good. Seriously consider moving to a newer, cleaner building if possible.

Worked for eCoast Sales Solutions? Contribute to the Community!