eCopywriters Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
1.5
Cody Maher

1. There's hardly ever work when you need it, and when you are "promoted" you don't get a pay raise.

Former Employee - Copywriter in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Copywriter in San Diego, CA

I worked at eCopywriters

Pros

If you only need very, very part time work, it could be a good supplement to your income. Definitely not restrictive upon your schedule in any way.

Cons

The pay stinks, managers are pretty uncommunicative, there is never work available when you need it and being promoted to a higher level doesn't mean anything, really; your rate of pay doesn't change at all.

Advice to Management

Provide way more projects for writers to work on, and actual offer pay raises when you promote writers to the next level.

Cookie Cutter Copywriting - schlock in, schlock out

Current Employee - Copywriter
    Current Employee - Copywriter

I have been working at eCopywriters

Pros

Very flexible for part time work, and by very flexible I mean don't rely on it for income, just $20 here and there. Easy platform to navigate.

Cons

I'm not very happy with them now, and frustration is the best word to describe how I feel. The work is practically non-existant, the new copywriter scoring system doesn't reward for good work, but will lower your ability to get work with one bad review from an editor. One of the editors is really great, but the other two I've worked with are either over-worked or don't understand that some directions don't include a lot of information (such as how to fit 2-3 keywords into a 250 word article). Some of the work is to provide 'reviews' based on text provided. It seems very cookie cutter, and all they want is to follow the clients instructions without providing any kind of strategic advice to them about how to make their copy bring them the results they are looking for.

Advice to Management

Find decent work, and enough of it to keep your copywriters writing. Distribute or assign work to copywriters that log in and can't find work. I know the instructions are coming from people who need a copywriter, so maybe having an editor look at the requirements and edit the spelling and grammar would help when distributing the instructions. And please, please, please - your editors don't have to be rude. Asking a question not covered in the instructions should not generate an automatic reply that you can return the assignment to the queue or to read the instructions.

RSS Feed </> Embed