eFashionSolutions

Edward P. Foy Jr.

Great People, Sinking Ship

(Current Employee)
    Secaucus, NJ

Pros• Smart, dedicated people. I've never worked with a team that I've respected more.
    • Mobility and flexibility within departments. Elastic job roles allow for variety in the day-to-day.
    • Flexibility regarding time-off (sick days/PTO)

Cons• Disconnect between management and employees. Increased trust and communication would really improve the business in all areas.
    • Infectiously low morale. Feelings of doom and gloom are pervasive, despite attempts from management to stem the tide. This impacts all areas.
    • Unavailable HR. Guidelines, rules, etc are unclear or outdated.

Management had no idea how to run a business.

Management (Former Employee)
    Secaucus, NJ

ProsSome of the most awesome and intelligent people I've worked with. I really learned a lot there, stress and insanity of management notwithstanding.

ConsManagement was clueless. First they acquired a company in VT (it was "gifted" to us by one of our investors). We *should* have just taken over the contracts, grabbed the warehouse contents, shut them down and moved on, since they weren't even making their own payroll. But instead we let them stay open, which drained us of *our* resources in the meanwhile.

Then we lost our lease, and pulled a midnight-move to another office which wasn't rated for office space. Then the town inspectors would show up every week, and close us down, which was annoying. Then they tried to merge with a company in PA, which ended up being flipped around--they bought us out, and fired everyone. I hear they've now filed for bankruptcy due to their incompetence. (When you're an eCommerce/Warehouse/Fulfillment company, a Warehouse/Fulfillment company buys you, and fires everyone who keeps the eCommerce part working... well, that's just plain bad business.)

Advice to Senior ManagementStop punching the walls, take an anger management course. I hope you're happier now, because you were wound pretty damned tight.

Please stay home with the husband & kids. Seriously. You have no business running a company. Just go take the kids shopping. You (and the people working for the company) will be *much* more satisfied with a manager with some core competencies than one with none.

Dude, if you stopped stabbing people in the back for 5 seconds, you might find you actually had people on your side. By stabbing people in the back (behind their back no less) you only served to lose anyone who supported you.

Get in, get the experience you want, get out [fast[!]]

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Secaucus, NJ

ProseFashion Solutions has some well-known brands under it's belt and could certainly be a great 'resume builder'. The work is generally fun and exciting,

ConsThe management is inexperienced, and as a result, many departments are mismanaged. You are generally undervalued and under appreciated.

The building is essentially a warehouse, so unless you have one of about 6 offices, you will not see the light of day. This makes the overall environment negative. And if someone sprays enough perfume at the total other end of the building, there's a good chance you might smell it.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe advice I have for management is to pay their employees more fairly, and their employees will pay that back. Allow people to be successful and they will exceed your expectations. But when you don't allow these things to happen, people stay stagnant or regress.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worlds Largest Dumpster Fire

Project Manager (Current Employee)

Pros- Fun industry with big name clients. The fashion industry changes often so there is always something new to learn.

Cons- Company is in a state of financial disaster.
    - Leadership hasn't a clue what to do next.
    - Work life is worse than an Iranian prison.
    - Warehouse employees are treated awful.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove on to your next subpar fashion employer. Learn from your mistakes because you have clearly failed at your current role.

Worked for eFashionSolutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at eFashionSolutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for eFashionSolutions CEO Edward P. Foy Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by eFashionSolutions employees.