eFund Insurance

Updated October 18, 2014
Updated October 18, 2014
4.2

David Hannah

Getting Better Everyday! Great Company / Great Future Here!

Current Employee - CMO in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - CMO in Southfield, MI

I have been working at eFund Insurance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

We are doing things the smart way here at eFund Insurance. We market and sell Final Expense Insurance 100% over the telephone. Our insurance carriers are awesome at Final Expense Telesales and our lead partner is by far the best in the biz "Exclusive Live Transfers ALL DAY LONG!"

The culture is built around hard working agents that know how to have fun helping people all while making great money to support our families. There is a lot of great opportunity for advancement in this growing company!

Good agents are helping 2 to 4 people a day obtain a final expense life insurance policy all from the comfort of their desk. The system is paperless and only requires a voice signature and we help people all over the country which makes our sales territory unlimited!

Cons

The hours are 8:30 to 5:45 Mon-Thru and on Fri 8:30 to 2:30.

Keep up the good work stay balanced and humble through your growth.

If high turnover, low sales are your goal, go for it.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Southfield, MI

I worked at eFund Insurance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

One. My present job hired me because they saw I could handle being on the phone all day from efund. Thanks for that. My new job actually pays me a salary and commision.

Cons

I am in agreement with much of what the person stated from 10/5/14. This is to be added to that. The reason I mention salary is because they said they pay 24k a year salary PLUS commission. The first day they were explaining pay. It is a draw. I pointed this out and they said "No, this is commission". If you do go forward, ask how you will be paid. I doubt it has changed. I thought (perhaps as you do) this seemed like a good idea. The first of course, that I was being paid salary plus commission. Second, with such a large amount of the population getting older, this seemed like a good move. Especially when they said I would be getting "live transfer leads". These don't originate from people calling because they heard that efund is the best company (good luck finding info on efund). What they don't tell you is the live transfers are few and are generated by a group of telemarketers who are calling people out of the blue (and some of these are people they tried to transfer to us a month ago) and they tell these people that they are with "senior benefits" so most of the time they don't know the call is about insurance until it's transferred to you! This is usually followed up by them realizing what is going on and hanging up. Any time you get a transfer and you don't sell, that lowers your percentage and you get less of those. Then you get to call the old leads to try to sell them when they have already told someone no. Realize, if you manage to befriend someone for a hour of idle chatter that will quickly change once you ask for their social security number over the phone. If you manage to get past that, you next have to get their banking info. And sometimes, after all that, they call the next day to cancel. Oh, and when you leave, they will pay you minimum wage fir they last hours you worked there. I spoke with someone who had been there awhile (very few people), and she also said the company had everyone write good reviews previously. Believe it or not, I am not bitter. But I feel people should be aware. Good luck in your job search.

This organization will want you to change who you are as a person in order to stay employed.

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Southfield, MI

I worked at eFund Insurance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Absolutely none. I urge anyone to take my review seriously. This organization has family members of the CEO's working here that posted reviews to this site to offset the negative reviews. Read this review and take it seriously. I don't complain about petty misgivings or workplace drama. This organization is seriously evil and what they do to people is nowhere near worth a paycheck.

Cons

This company has a front. These CEOs are former insurance agents from a company called My Insurance Expert, which folded a in 2012. One of the partners, Vince, is a former associate of Quicken. These organizations pride themselves on hard selling. Over the phone, what ever it takes, get the sale done. Quickly they learned that phone sales with the elderly and this approach did not work.

So they started to become liars.

Let's lie to the elderly, pretend to be their friends, earn their trust to take their money. We weren't even allowed to quote policies that had a small monthly premium. In the end, it was all a front. I can recall several times when either Vince, or David, would jump onto my calls and be going on and on w/ the client. Pretending to care about their life building the "real rapport". All while putting the mic on mute laughing and mocking the client. This company, is no different than any other sales organization. With the exception that the CEO's take pride on taking advantage of the elderly.

Also, there are very few people actually making any money there. The equipment they use is very out dated. The work space is small, and feels very cramped. The CEO's are constantly micromanaging the whole outfit. You work long hours staying in one very small cubicle, going through numbers on a computer, manually dialing out on leads that have ABSOLUTELY NO FILTERING SYSTEM!!! Literally just listed A-Z and calling them at random. The yellow pages could be just as successful. All the leads they get are from awful telemarketers who just push leads through to get a transfer and the ones that don't turn over... let's call them until these old people are at their wits end. It's sickening how much the CEO's pride themselves in what they do.

This is an insurance agency that is a partnership. A pyramid scheme. You are agents working under the CEO's, writing policies in their name. Making them large amounts of money while you grind away to hopefully reach a minimum required goal in order to even start making commission. Unless you are a few select people, this is salary insurance. A salary that will leave you living in poverty.

As an outsider looking in, it's easy to see a chance for growth and how kind management is. In the end. The organization is a front for a very grand lie. Do not fall victim to this organization. Eating a lunch away from your desk is frowned upon. Not to mention, you will only get a half hour, if one a lunch at all.

Whole life insurance is a terrible investment to begin with. Lying to the elderly, pretending to be their friends? All to make a few bucks. This is awful. If you are reading this because you are considering working for this organization and know nothing about insurance yet you need to be mindful of this. Whole life, guaranteed issue insurance is a scam in itself. LYING TO PEOPLE TO GET THEM TO BELIEVE IT"S NOT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!

The other thing is the culture. Just like Quicken, and My Insurance Expert, if you do not drink the kool aid you will be an outcast. These people are very religious and b/c a lot of their clients are and talking about Christianity with their clients can get you sales, without saying it, they want you to believe in the same religion they do!! That is almost criminal in our country and is just unacceptable. They want you to spend day in day out create false bonds with people and on top of that fall into their cult like workplace and start having the same religious beliefs? Absolutely not.

One time I was on the phone with a client who was clearly not of sound mind. It had not been diagnosed, was not on medical records. This particular client was barely healthy enough to even find their payment information but they could! So get the deal is what i was told. Don't worry about it just get the the person's information. Keep going with the call. These are actual things the CEOs wanted me to do. This is one of MANY examples I experienced myself. I had taken money from several people who didn't even realize what they were buying. But the policy would place, these people wouldn't even realize their money was gone. So take it they will.

From day 1 I knew this place wasn't for me. But I am a veteran, and was raised to not give up so easily. I gave this place 4 months of my life I cannot get back. It's almost scary how evil this organization is and how they make themselves out to be heroes.

What you do is wrong. You are insurance agents and you know whole life insurance is stealing money from these poor elderly people. These people are on SSI and disability making hundreds of dollars a month. Getting by on pennies. With the money that you STEAL from them every month they could be saving that into an investment and actually coming out with more money that THEY can use. That THEY can set aside for their final expenses. These people are lonely , desperate for a connection with something outside of their reality and you exploit that for a dollar. The worst part is the fallacy you live. Thinking that you are some kind of hero. Building the "real rapport". If not anything you at least made someones day brighter by sitting and chit chatting with them, right? No. This organization is based on a lie that two very good sales people fabricated and then brainwashed into the minds of drone like sales people. I have nothing against life insurance. I have everything against the way you obtain your policies. I don't even know how you can sleep at night.

eFund Insurance Response

Oct 13, 2014Owner and Managing Partner

I am one of the owners that this former team member is writing about in this post. My name is Vince and I would like to say that I am truly saddened and sorry for the way this person feels about me ... More

A horrible company to work for!

Current Employee - State Licensed Field Underwriter in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - State Licensed Field Underwriter in Southfield, MI

I have been working at eFund Insurance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There aren't any pros. In fact, Efund made everyone write these reviews awhile back when everything was good.

Cons

Since then the environment. It has drastically changed starting back in November. Salary pay has been cut drastically at least twice. I've never been paid a bonus and my last month I've placed over 12,000 dollars of premium that stayed on the books the entire month. It is a very hostile work environment where you are belittled and demeaned almost every morning. You have no freedom to get up and go to the bathroom without hearing a word about it when you come back. It is a really stressful place to work. Everyone they did advance they ended up demoting because "they couldn't afford it" The management is very racist as well.

Treat people the way you expect to be treated or go out of business.

I take this job home with me.

I have been working at eFund Insurance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

eFund Insurance has been an amazing place for my personal development. I take the company core values home with me and utilize them to teach my son. The company provides many opportunities for career advancement as well. The consistant trainings and meetings reinforce the personal and professional development.

Cons

The only things that I find lacking in the job are the long hours and the rigidity of the work schedule.

As an incentive to increase weekly production, in the event that an agent has 8 sales by Thursday, make Friday optional. Also, a corporate gym membership that agents could utilize would be beneficial.

Awesome Work Culture!!!

I have been working at eFund Insurance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Career Opportunities, Growth of company and within company, The eight company Core Values are easy to implement, awesome work culture, great training.

Cons

I wishing there was a better system for notetaking while on the call and a more in-depth CRM for typing. I would rather work a full day on Friday and get done earlier during the earlier part of the work.

None. Keep up the good work.

An experience where people care enough to help you learn, grow, and develop

Current Employee - Inside Sales Advisor in Southfield, MI

I have been working at eFund Insurance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fast upward mobility, high earning potential, management act as mentors to employees, fun and friendly coworkers, continuous training and guidance

Cons

Working inside all day can be a downfall coming from outside sales, but the money is more consistent and there is far less stress with inside sales.

You need to control the air conditioning in the office more. It gets cold sometimes with the air on so high!

Great people, Great product, Great job!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I have been working at eFund Insurance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you're looking for an exciting, fast-paced sales atmosphere, where you will get continuous training/coaching to help you excel and reach your highest potential, this is the place for you. eFund Insurance provides all the tools/training required to be successful in this position. In addition, the company is growing quickly and there is ample advancement opportunities. eFund's culture is positive, empowering and motivating. You will fit right in if you have a strong work ethic, always strive to get better and keep a positive mental attitude.

Cons

Sometimes the hours are long, but success takes sacrifice and doesn't only come between the hours of 9 and 5.

Continue doing what you are doing and keep the communication flow open and clear.

My wonderful experiences with Efund insurance

I have been working at eFund Insurance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great morale building, excellent support system

Cons

coming from a non-sales background, I probably could have benefitted from a few more days of training, but I'm slowly coming into my own.

Maybe have a 5 day training program, with a few days/hours on the phones just to help hone the newcomers skills before. Otherwise, I've enjoyed my time here and hope to make a career out of it.

Positive money making opportunity

Current Employee - Inside Sales Advisor in Southfield, MI

I have been working at eFund Insurance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Salary plus immediate bonuses paid monthly and another bigger bonus quarterly, lunches and dinners, unlimited leads, great support, helpful and positive. Also company trips to Mexico, Hawaii, London, etc.

Cons

It is hard work, but anything worth something usually is. The traffic on Telegraph can be annoying. And maybe a bigger fridge for the kitchen, but besides that it really is a good job.

Have a bbq or lunch every Friday, not just for special occasions