eGain

Updated February 25, 2015
Updated February 25, 2015
2.8

Ashutosh Roy

Pros
  • Work-life balance is good in patches of the year when there is not much work (in 4 reviews)

• Open work culture with plenty of opportunities to grow if you are willing to step-up and work hard (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life balance is poor as most of the projects deadlines are scheduled properly (in 3 reviews)

• Total driven on perception, almost no one in firm do due diligence (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

I wouldn't want to be an eGain customer!

I have been working at eGain full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Egain compensates well and provides a good benefits package with medical/dental/vision, PTO, 401k matching. They allow a remote workforce model as well as opportunity at HQ. Employees are dedicated, intelligent and have a lot of individual ability. There is a lot of enthusiasm and drive to succeed among the employees.

Cons

eGain employees are hung out to dry in front of their customers. The company does as little as possible to improve their products or provide anything for their customers beyond basic technical support. Executive management changes direction every 6 months with some grand vision but no tactical plan to execute. Employees are left to fend for themselves, find a way to remain valid, and wait for the next big change which is inevitable.

Listen and learn from your employees - they are smart, they have innovative ideas. Your employees are the voice of your customers and you haven't been listening to them. Because of this, you will continue to lose very large, very valuable customers.

Good place to gain experience. But may not work for everyone if you are looking to stay long term

I worked at eGain

Pros

Many employees really believe in the product. They work hard and take personal satisfaction in the company's success. It's very rewarding to see the product make such a huge difference to the clients.

The location is near 101 and 237. Not too far from Sunnyvale downtown.

Many employees have been with the company since its early years.

Good work/life balance. As long as you get your job done, hours can be flexible as needed. Commitments to the family life is highly valued here.

Cons

Lots families working here; husbands, wifes, uncle. in-laws, sister.... Some related to the CEO or to someone in the upper management. Feels like you are the minority or an outsider sometimes if you are not Indian or related.

Your compensation and work experience can vary drastically depending on your hiring manager. Some departments have it better and some worse.

Many employees feel that they are micromanaged and that no creativity is left for them.

Great team Members

I worked at eGain

Pros

I worked on a great team and had a lot of fun. Management was friend and open.

Cons

Once they moved, things started to change and the fun left the office making people feel like they were just supposed to be robots with no personality.

Realize that everyone has a unique perspective and can bring in fresh, new and innovative ideas.

SQA tester

I have been working at eGain full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The whole team is like a family. Always helpful and supportive. Fridays socials, team buildings, picnics, etc

Cons

May be I'm not long enough, but I can't see no cons yet.

Great company to work for love coming to work

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at eGain

Pros

Nice place to work fun fascinating smiles

Cons

None love this place never ever lexving

Nothing

Confused management

I have been working at eGain

Pros

May be good for freshers

Cons

Management appears unaware what contributed to previous success. Continuously changing people and directions without a long term plan. Deteriorated a lot in the last few years and going downhill. Laying off people now.

Bring people back who contributed to previous success.

eGain future may be gloomy

I have been working at eGain

Pros

eGain offers flexible hours and work culture is good. I love Friday social !!

Cons

Executive Management is confused and keep changing the business strategies every 3 to 6 months and does not provide right tools.
    Lot of politics in middle management. Everyone is trying to pull down each other.
    Customers are frustrated because of over commitment.
    A software company which does not rely on technology.

Use technology to solve business problems. Do not let people go because you cannot groom them.

Hard work pays off in eGain

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at eGain full-time

Pros

They give people a chance to learn and grow with the company. If they see something in you that can potentially be very helpful to the entirety of the company, they will take care of you well. You will also gain good friends. Very humble yet intelligent people work here. I love the Friday Social!

Cons

Career advancement. It will be nice if there's some fair judgment of who deserves a good pay. Some title could be very misleading and sadly some lower paid employees are the hard working people in this company. Better appraisal review process might benefit the company in the long run.

Engage with the employees more. Revenue is justified and will only get better if the hardwork of the employees are recognized.

Some of us have been here for a long time

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at eGain full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I love the culture and our products. I have been here for 14 years, and get to try my hands at all kinds of projects.

Cons

In times of growth, some managers make poor hiring decisions and some others have trouble getting new employees started. We need to get good people in and give them all the training and support they need to be the best they can be.

Nice people, but not good work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at eGain full-time

Pros

People are friendly. Some very good managers. Friday socials and games are fun.

Cons

Out dated technologies and reluctance to improve the product. Always working towards short term fixes. No clear idea on where the company is going. Only a few people make all the decisions. Fear based management. Employees feel threatened and far from being cared for.

Accept your mistakes and problems with the product. Don't push new employees to answer the customers, when you yourself don't know the answers. Basically, be a leader not a boss.