eGenio Education Solutions

eGenio Education Solutions Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Don Greenberg

Positive work environment at a growing company

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Cleveland, OH

ProsGreat team environment. Employees have input and support one another. Everyone works hard and takes great pride in the product. Leadership does a fantastic job of seeing the strengths in employees. Atmosphere is relaxed and professional.

ConsThere are not really any negatives. Sometimes parking can be a hassle but the location is fantastic so it worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to maintain the positive work environment

This company is going no where.

Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Cleveland, OH

ProsNice office in a great location.

ConsThis company does not have a product that is viable in the marketplace. More than 4 years into it and this company does not have a paying customer. The product is clumsy and cumbersome. It is missing important features that competing products have, yet the company is not doing anything to catch up. The CEO blames his sales team rather than taking a look at the product. He fires his staff and starts over every year. He has no respect for the education field and potential customers constantly complain about his arrogance.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the good advice you are given by the people around you.

Full of empty promises, poor leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe only positive thing that I took out of my experience at eGenio was meeting some of the other employees. Some very kind and talented people, however they are not used to their full potential. The management takes a "my way or the highway" approach killing off a lot of good employee input while they continue to make bad decisions and disappoint prospective customers, who would choose another product or lose interest completely.

ConsWas lead to believe in the begining that this company would do something big, however due to very poor leadership, terrible decision making, missed deadlines and wasted budget eGenio continues to be a "start up" 4 years later, with nothing to show for it. Everything about eGenio is smoke and mirrors, it all for show with no real substance. Even with good employees it is nearly impossible to develop/program/market/sell a product that doesn't exist.

The other "5 star" reviews are clearly fabricated and take on the culture of eGenio, where they cover bullet holes with band-aids and sugar coat everything. Not accurate whatsoever.

Would not reccommend this company to anyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a long hard look at your situation, your "start-up" of 4 years still has not made much progress, might be time to stop wasting other people's time and money. Oh and stop claiming that "several thousand" students nationwide are using your product, that is a bold faced lie.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not everyone is cut out for a start-up

Cleveland, OH

ProsGreat company - exciting company making a difference in k-12 education. The company has successfully transitioned from start up to early stage - we're adding people to our team. If you're looking for a great place to work with opportunities for growth, personally and professionally, eGenio is for you.

ConsSmall team but growing. Early stage company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat rid of those who "can't cut it" faster! we had a few people on the team in the early days who blamed every problem and delay on everyone else and never took responsibility themselves! Thankfully they are no longer with the company!

Wasted Year

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNothing was positive with eGenio

ConsContinued product launch delays, unrealistic expectations, very poor leadership. Was told on multiple occassions that the product was "two weeks" away and once the two weeks came still no product. In three years the product has no market share and lacks any competitive advantage. The education market is flooded with LMS type products and the eGenio platform has no WOW factor.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave realistic expectations, know your market, check your ego at the door

Flag Review
    eGenio Education Solutions CEO responded to this review Mar 8, 2013 EditDelete
    It's unfortunate that team members who don't fit in, who cant take responsibility for their own actions and lack of results, who are no longer with the company, choose to post these types of negative ... More

Worked for eGenio Education Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at eGenio Education Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for eGenio Education Solutions CEO Don Greenberg. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by eGenio Education Solutions employees.