eGlobalTech

Updated January 6, 2015
Updated January 6, 2015
3.1

Sonya Jain

Lots of opportunity for self-starters and high achievers

Current Employee - Consultant in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at eGlobalTech full-time

Pros

-Interesting projects and contracts
    -Recognition for and appreciation of employees who excel (hard work will be noticed and pay off here)
    -Outstanding mentoring and career development opportunities for those who ask (many senior-level managers are very talented and highly accessible to employees at all levels)
    -Friendly, respectful people from corporate management to entry-level consultants
    -Company maintains a personal feel in its interactions with employees (one of the benefits of working for a small-mid sized consulting company)
    -High energy, positive environment
    -Company stands by and backs up its employees (I have seen several instances of this during my time here)
    -Excellent work/life balance (company respects personal time and offers flexible scheduling when possible)
    -Great recruiting staff
    -Competitive pay and performance bonuses

Cons

Cons are generally a byproduct of working for a smaller company and are not necessarily specific to eGT as a company.
    -Average benefits package for region (No transportation subsidy or parking benefit)
    -Your experience can largely depend on the clients you work for (This is a general industry issue and not an eGT issue, but it is something to consider if beginning a new consulting career)

Keep doing what you are doing--the supportive atmosphere and access to mentoring/learning opportunities are especially valuable to people in the early stages of their careers.

The company looks good on paper, but.....

I have been working at eGlobalTech

Pros

-Great Clients
    -Ability to telework
    -Happy hours are done on occasion

Cons

There is absolutely no room to grow with this company, especially if you are on one of the contracts. And if you're thinking about asking for a raise because you're doing the job of three people, forget about it - it is not going to happen! Even better, management has no problem volunteering you for extra duties in order to get on the client's good side, and they will do it without even knowing half of what your job entails.

Have your Program Managers do their OWN work, and hold them accountable for it - there is no reason a PM should be passing their deliverables down to the employees for them to do. Learn to value your employees and reward them for their hard work.

Jan 20, 2015eGlobalTech

Thank you for sharing your views. As a growing business, we aim to cultivate an environment where our employees have the opportunity to go “above and beyond”. This is one of the things that attracts ... More

Not for the long haul

Former Employee - Senior Developer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in Washington, DC

I worked at eGlobalTech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-HR hiring and on-boarding process has improved
    -Great Co-workers

Cons

- Poor Leadership, needs development. The only person carrying the company in terms of Leadership is the Sr. Vice President of the company, Branko Primetica.
    - Limited career development and opportunity for growth
    - Limited opportunity to rotate between projects

The best thing that you have done is hire great workers. You need to take the career development of your greatest asset (Your Employees) seriously.

Jan 20, 2015eGlobalTech

Thank you for your review. We agree that we have a team of amazing people! We continue to focus on improving our processes and offering opportunities for career development – any successful ... More

Great People, Understanding Management

Former Employee - Contracts Program Management in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Contracts Program Management in Arlington, VA

I worked at eGlobalTech as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Terrific place to work, considerable attention paid to work-life balance; They're groing at break-neck speed and now trying to compete with mid-tier level businesses; lots of inward mobility; some of the most wonderful people I have ever worked with; management understands and places tremendous importance on family life, encourages time spent at home, flexible on working from home; fast-paced, proposal team works at the will of RFPs and is very time sensitive, exciting place to work

Cons

Everyone is over-worked, which is to be a expected a bit in such a young company; periodically, poor communication on the proposal team leads to one person doing the work of five, but is getting much better; pretty bland office, bare bones;

You're awesome; you caring about your employees' family and personal time is so much more important and vital to eGlobal than you may think it is; keep it up

The owner is cheap.

Current Employee - Human Resources in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Arlington, VA

I have been working at eGlobalTech

Pros

You get to see how not to treat people who work for you.

Cons

The owner is cheap and will turn on you faster that a rabid animal. While I worked there for 3 years I saw things like... a PM who just started had a family tragedy. His daughter was in an accident and the PM wasn't able to work that weekend. The owner fired him while he was at the hospital and his daughter was on life support. Need additional examples?

You should be more understanding. You think you can throw people away. Everyone has friends. Eventually your business practices will come back to haunt you.

Jan 8, 2015eGlobalTech

As the HR Manager at eGlobalTech for over three years, I must respond to this post. This review was not posted by anyone in Human Resources. The content of this review is also completely false ... More

Good company for experienced self-starters, development needed to attract next generation of top talent

I have been working at eGlobalTech

Pros

-compensation/benefits are fair to good
    -work-life balance good
    -technical SMEs valued
    -enjoyable company sponsored events
    -corporate processes are improving
    -fast paced corporate office culture
    -good fit for experienced hires with self-starting attitude & specific skill-sets

Cons

-most cons are common to small/growing consulting firms, not specific to company
    -heavy focus on filling positions vs. balancing with employee interests/career goals
    -may not be ideal for young top talent because of limited focus on career development and mentorship
    -less emphasis/support for ongoing learning/training/support for getting certifications

-meet with teams and PMs on an ongoing basis to communicate support and corporate strategy- corporate culture is built every day not just at periodic company meetings
    -recommend developing culture of mentorship and encourage project rotation and career development to attract and keep young top talent

Oct 22, 2014eGlobalTech

Thank you for your thoughtful and insightful review. Employee growth and mentorship have always been key focus areas for the firm’s management, and we are constantly looking for suggestions on how ... More

Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere

I have been working at eGlobalTech full-time

Pros

- Rarely take work home
    - Occasional happy hour
    - The good reviews on here are fake

Cons

- Be sure to negotiate your salary
    - Company culture is poor
    - Professional development does not exist here

Go ahead and sell the company now before you tank it.

Oct 22, 2014eGlobalTech

Thank you for your review. We understand and appreciate that our employees have different viewpoints and perspectives. We are proud of our culture, offer great work/life balance, encourage our ... More

Pay attention to the Confidentiality Agreement espeically the intellectual property.

Former Employee - Program Manager in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Arlington, VA

I worked at eGlobalTech full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They pay very well and have a great recruiting team.

Cons

They will want you to sign a confidentiality agreement that will own you forever. We call it the "slave agreement". Make sure you review it thoroughly with your lawyer before signing. It continues forever and strips you of your moral rights, prevents you from working for any competition within 25 miles of DC, MD and VA areas. I escaped on the third day.

Fix your agreement. No one wants to be owned.

Sep 30, 2014eGlobalTech

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Our firm's non-disclosure agreement is in-line with standard industry practices and has not been brought into question until this time. As soon ... More

Rewarding & Worthwhile Experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at eGlobalTech full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Great working environment with personable fun people, who get along and work well together
    -Work is acknowledged and fairly compensated when quality is delivered (I was promoted in a year's time)
    -Never a dull moment, always something new to learn with options to explore other areas of the company
    -OFFICE DOG (at headquarters). Yup, you heard that right...we have a service dog at the office that the company is sponsoring for Veterans Moving Forward (they provide disabled veterans guide dogs).
    -Fun outside of work events: happy hours, color run and other charity walks/runs, food drives, bowling competition, picnics, company also participates in city sports leagues (e.g. softball)
    -Other perks: discounted gym membership for all of Gold's Gyms in the DMV area, annual gala, and quarterly raffle competitions for gift cards, golfing, spas, wineries, movies, etc.

Cons

-Free or discounted parking not provided
    -With an increase in projects/awards, sometimes bandwidth is stretched out thin while support is sought out
    -Occasional overtime and work on weekends: (not a con if you're able to apply this well, I find it to be a positive challenge considering personal interest in my line of work)

Oct 22, 2014eGlobalTech

Thank you for your review! We are so pleased to hear your experiences, both professional and personal, have been so positive.

Not a good place to work

Former Employee - Senior Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at eGlobalTech full-time

Pros

They hire great people and in the past they have won work. If you work on Government site and you can avoid proposal duty, its not a bad gig. I don't have anything else positive to say.

Cons

CEO and COO poor leaders. huge turnover, particularly among senior mgmt and home staff. Integrity is a major issue. They do not rotate staff and rarely promote. You will be in your first job there for the foreseeable future. If that is ok with you, and you are on government site, then this might be an good opportunity. eGlobaltech's run is over. They are no more an 8a small business. They have no ability to retain their current work and they will not win new work. Management is incapable of dealing with this.

Questions to ask before you take a job. 1) What is the tenure of the sr mgmt team. Ask people you interview and meet with how long they have been there. 2) will you be expected to work on proposals (RUN). 3) when is the contract they are recruiting you for up? they will not win the recompete. 4) ask to speak to the person you are replacing specifically and ask them why they left.

Treat your employees better. Accept responsibility when you screw up.

Oct 22, 2014eGlobalTech

Thank you for your review. We realize that not every company is for every employee. People who thrive here are team players and top performers – and we realize that they are key to our success ... More