eHarmony

eHarmony Founder & CEO Neil Clark Warren

Neil Clark Warren

Great work environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsThe company seems to really care about the employees' happiness and well being. They care a lot about training new employees and increasing skill sets. I haven't been here long, but I am very happy here.

ConsNone that I can see so far.

Incredible!

ProsGreat people to work with. Fantastic work environment.

ConsSanta Monica is beautiful, but getting there is a traffic hassle.

eHarmony is a great place to work, a strong company with an important mission.

ProseHarmony really takes care of its employees. There is a very positive vibe in the office- everyone is into the company's mission and it shows.

ConsThere really isn't a downside to working at eHarmony. It is truly a great company to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think our management team does a great job.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome people to work with and for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsCoworkers are cool people to work with--not very cutthroat, people are actually willing to help you (even if you're on a different product, etc.). People here are incredibly smart. Proud to work for some of the execs here. Outsiders have also told me my work/life balance is enviable. Managers (the good ones at least) are good at keeping you from being bored and help to keep you constantly motivated.

ConsMore transparency wouldn't hurt...I think there is too much focus on timing and delivery of announcements, but a lot of us read/hear about it from outside news sources first sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore perks/benefits that at least compete with other tech companies. Less favoritism to certain teams.

The most exciting and rewarding job I've ever had

ProsIt has been enormously rewarding to work with some of the smartest and most motivated people I've ever met to build and support a product which is innovative, uses the latest data technologies at scale, and provides a proven benefit to our users.

ConsThere have been occasional managerial missteps, especially in the selection of past executives.

Advice to Senior ManagementDemand the same level of excellence from your executives that you demand from individual contributors. Be faster to recognize errors in hiring and correct them at ALL levels. Be better at recognizing and rewarding key players when they DO excel.

Excellent environment full of interesting and rewarding work.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsImagine working at a place where you are getting tons of emails from people whose lives has changed by the work you are doing.
    Very good learning environment, full of smart people.

ConsNothing that is worth mentioning.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and make sure to reward hard working employees!
    Increase employee engagement in idea-generation processes.

Life Changing products with an exciting future

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsGreat people, fun place to work
    Fast growth but low pressure
    Working on a product that really makes a difference in peoples' lives
    New product initiatives in the works
    Revamped and improved leadership

ConsToo lean/need to increase hiring asap
    Weak managers in just a few departments

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a better job of communicating overall strategy. Get a little more progressive.

Great mission and brand

Proseharmony is one of the most advanced marketing companies on the internet and the team is constantly challenged to improve.

ConsThe hours could be long during the busier seasons.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your people and keep the comeback going.

Good place overall

Summer Intern (Former Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsVery strong engineers, competitive salary, flexible working hours, nice location (can't beat the proximity to beach! ), hosting weekly seminars about machine learning techniques. The company is known to adapt new technologies fast, including those in cloud computing, big data, machine learning, etc.

ConsStill a bit concerned about the company's future. This is an industry with strong competitions.
    eHarmony has its strength in machine learning techniques, but other companies are catching up close.

It could be better

Engineer In Technology Team (Former Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsHelping lonely souls, office space, some good employees, work computers, decent pay

ConsLots of politics, leadership, execution, ignorant technical project management, mutated agile scrums, out of focus

Advice to Senior ManagementThings are not as good as what you think. Stop promoting the company within the company. You can not have everything, need to find focus for deliverable. Stop letting your ignorant project managers to spread panic and micromanage your engineers. Create a balance between technology team and product team. Replace your product managers with good talents.

Worked for eHarmony? Contribute to the Community!