eHarmony Reviews

Reset
4.5
eHarmony Founder & CEO Neil Clark Warren
Neil Clark Warren

Pros
  • eHarmony has a great work/life balance (in 11 reviews)

• Free food on Wednesdays and meetings (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • By the time I quit, a lot of people were leaving due to poor management (in 4 reviews)

• Depending on the living cost in Santa Monica, I thought the salary is quite so so (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great times are back at eHarmony!

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The management and leadership are firing on all cylinders. After years of decline, the company is back with effective marketing, products and innovative matchmaking. The culture is intelligent and friendly with many company events and meaningful benefits. Nice to have a team that is making decisions effectively and not scared to take risks. The results speak for themselves.

Cons

The Santa Monica office location is very difficult to get to for many employees, we are looking forward to moving to Westwood to reduce everyone's commute. Keep providing more communication on the new verticals.

Advice to Management

Keep paying well and providing solid benefits. Thanks for creating a culture of sharing. Nice to see all those successful couples around the office and a stable company.

eHarmony Response

Jan 7, 2015Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for this review. You summed up how we feel here, that we are back on track and the future is really bright after the debacle. The move to Westwood is going to be very exciting, and we will ... More

2. Learning and Challenging

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company cares about its employees
    Management encourages challenging the status quo
    CEO/COO combination is highly effective
    New technologies are always introduced

Cons

Driving to Santa Monica
    Too many meetings
    Promotions are slow
    New vertical information sharing

Advice to Management

Best management team and company I have ever worked for.

Love it here

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance, pleasant environment, love the location in santa monica, the benefits are awesome, they give us so much food, i like my manager and my schedule. Dr. Warren is awesome.

Cons

they gave me a PC instead of a MAC it runs so slowly it's inefficient. The help desk for IT issues could be better as far as service.

The Little Things

I worked at eHarmony full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were lots of perks and benefits at eHarmony. Free food, setting your own schedule, and mostly decent human beings. Both the CEO and COO were great and widely respected.

Cons

-One particular team never fact-checked their numbers. They'd report over-inflated numbers in company-wide meetings and then subsequently get PROMOTED for it. In addition there are absolutely NO set standards for promotions. People who did not know what they were doing were quickly promoted because they were suck-ups or chummy with certain VIPs.

-One of the teams that moved up the quickest had mostly employees who were white, young, and female. Growth elsewhere is very limited.

-Extreme favoritism. Depending on which team you're on, you'll get better perks from the company and leadership.

-Things are slow-moving unless you're a "somebody." Most of my projects never got pushed unless I asked my bosses to push for me.

-HR is a joke - they said they aimed to help people, but they were really only out for themselves. They pretty much didn't fire anyone (no matter how bad performance was), but they will prevent people from growing. It's actually ridiculous how much power they had.

Advice to Management

Clean up your teams, set standards across the board, and audit HR

Marketing Manager

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong Company Culture
    Strong Company Values
    Leadership Development

Cons

Slower timeline for growth
    lower pay scale vs. other competitive companies

Fulfilled employees + great work-life balance

I have been working at eHarmony

Pros

eHarmony has a stellar company culture - truly nice people work here and there is a great work-life balance. The core values of the company & the product, improving people's lives and creating lifelong partnerships, really do permeate in a positive way through the culture at eHarmony. I've worked at several tech companies over the past ten years and I look forward to coming to work at eHarmony each day more than I have at any previous company.

Cons

Because eHarmony is a 14-year old product, employees leave from time-to-time to pursue opportunities at early-stage start-ups. Prospective employees should be aware that although we aren't a brand new product, the business is doing better than it has in years and the product continues to evolve and become more innovative.

Recruiter

I worked at eHarmony full-time

Pros

Great work life balance. Smart people. Fun events. Great pay and benefits.

Cons

Little room for innovation and growth.

Excellent work environment and culture

I have been working at eHarmony

Pros

The working environment here is amazing. Everyone's attitude is positive and cooperative. eHarmony is in the midst of a great upward trend with everyone onboard to turn the company around. People are fully aware that only a couple of years ago, things were less than ideal and now they're set to make the necessary changes. Compensation is also competitive, especially given the size of the company. The dating space has a lot of room for growth and expect eHarmony to stay on top and to innovate.

Cons

None. I can't really thinking of anything negative to say.

Advice to Management

Keep things going the way they are now. We have great motivating leaders here.

Technology, vision, and heart

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Make no mistake, this is a cutting edge company using very solid, Silicon Valley-esque technologies - linux, Java, node.js, Hadoop, MongoDB, flash storage, Oracle (of course), etc.

The new and returned leadership has turned the company around from where it...paused...a few years ago, such that market share, user base, excellence, and revenue has never been higher.

The working environment is fun and relaxed while also being challenging and focused on delivery, so they maintain that balance pretty well. Meetings are effective for the most part and held to a minimum. The pace is already fast and picking up steam. Decisions are data driven, which is always refreshing. Politics seem to be on the very low side, as most of those so inclined left the company in the last two years. There's a lot of genuine collaboration and helpfulness between teams.

Cons

Hard to pick any while the business is doing so well and the technology projects are so interesting. There are a few key open roles that still need to be filled, so until those positions are filled properly a few folks are either pulling double duty or some junior folks are taking on stretch assignments.

Advice to Management

Continue to be passionate, continue to take care of the rank and file, continue to share information as you have been, let's all protect the wonderful culture and mission and responsibility we've got! Steady as she goes!

Good company to work for, upward mobility possible

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at eHarmony

Pros

Good salary, great benefits, smart people. eHarmony is a great place to learn about new tech in an encouraging environment while progressing the company forward

Cons

Very little internal training. Could offer more transparency in how promotions works.

Advice to Management

Go public

RSS Feed </> Embed