eHarmony

Updated October 28, 2014
4.4

eHarmony Founder & CEO Neil Clark Warren
Neil Clark Warren

Pros
  • Outsiders have also told me my work/life balance is enviable (in 11 reviews)

• Lots of free food and snacks, most people are nice (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • By the time I quit, a lot of people were leaving due to poor management (in 4 reviews)

• Depending on the living cost in Santa Monica, I thought the salary is quite so so (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great times are back at eHarmony!

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The management and leadership are firing on all cylinders. After years of decline, the company is back with effective marketing, products and innovative matchmaking. The culture is intelligent and friendly with many company events and meaningful benefits. Nice to have a team that is making decisions effectively and not scared to take risks. The results speak for themselves.

Cons

The Santa Monica office location is very difficult to get to for many employees, we are looking forward to moving to Westwood to reduce everyone's commute. Keep providing more communication on the new verticals.

Keep paying well and providing solid benefits. Thanks for creating a culture of sharing. Nice to see all those successful couples around the office and a stable company.

Fantastic vision and leadership

Current Employee - Marketing in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Marketing in London, England (UK)

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work like balance, talent, international, data, marketing, brand, story

Cons

So far so good..nothing spectacular to report. Really great company.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Vice President Finance in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President Finance in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (less than an year)

Pros

* Solid Management team, execs are all aligned on overall objectives & strategy
    * Extremely talented employees at all levels that are dedicated to the company's mission and value proposition
    * Friendly and collaborative culture, one of the best I've seen in my career.
    * Company is on an upward momentum, strong core business, with exciting opportunities for new verticals
    * Perks: Free lunch Wednesday, free vending machines, great office location, discounted gym membership

Cons

* Yet to find one

Continue to do what you are doing, and keep on executing. The future is bright and limitless for this company.

Welcoming, forward thinking, and focus on fostering happy, motivated employees.

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Dedicated co-workers, healthy and collaborative atmosphere, great benefits, free food and fun company outings. Was immediately struck by the effective communication between team members as well as the positive atmosphere. It is great working someplace where people are optimistic about the company and product.

Cons

While communication within specific teams is fast and effective, communication between teams needs improving.

Really good place to learn!

Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (less than an year)

Pros

eHarmony has many talented and nice employees, and provide many wonderful opportunities for employees to make progress!

Cons

Depending on the living cost in Santa Monica, I thought the salary is quite so so.

Stability, Growth Potential, Work Life Balance

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company culture, very relaxed office, free snacks and drinks in every corner, bikes to ride around Santa Monica, decent benefits, quarterly outings and team building, good perks, free lunch Wednesdays, free dodger tickets, thirsty Thursdays, awesome management, hard work is recognized, gym downstairs is subsidized.

Cons

Office space is not set up for easy collaboration with other teams. However, with the new office location coming up next year, hopefully, we can plan for a more open space type of set up.

n/a

eHarmony Response

Oct 3, 2014Chief Operating Officer

Thank you so much for your feedback. We always want everyone who works here to feel acknowledged, appreciated, and to maintain a healthy work-life balance. I am personally excited about the ... More

Great People and Company Growth

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (less than an year)

Pros

One thing I've noticed on our team is that eHarmony takes the time to hire the right people. Since it's a highly collaborative environment with even our VPs sitting out on the floor with us, it's important to find people who fit our team and company culture. That's primarily the reason why I love coming into work everyday.

The brand is expanding into different avenues, which is exciting. It shows we're growing and being creative, going beyond what eHarmony has been known for-- online dating and classic couple commercials. The design, image and marketing of eHarmony has been completely renovated within the last couple of years. The website and all social media platforms are fun and easy to view and use. The company itself has experienced a complete turnaround from prior years. The management team is probably the best I've seen within my experience working in corporate. We have biweekly meetings open to all employees that update everyone on what every department is working on. We're always on the same page in that way. The open door policy helps too. This is a big brand company that has managed to keep a family feel.

Work-life balance is great, they have all kinds of events that encourage us to invite our family. They have nice perks too. I haven't used their bikes to go to the beach yet but it's on my to-do list for lunch hour someday.

Cons

HMO Insurance is covered by company. If you want PPO though, the employee contribution rates are pretty high compared to my previous employers.

eHarmony Response

Oct 3, 2014Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for acknowledging our recruiting department, as I know they really work hard to find people who will be a great fit for our company. An open door policy is something I strongly believe in ... More

Fantastic - wish I'd found them and worked for them 10 years ago!

Current Employee - PR in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - PR in London, England (UK)

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's a family feel with a start-up attitude. The org structure feels very flat, so management are open to ideas and input from all levels. It's a 'go get-em' empowering environment - which is great and gives you the motivation to do your job well and deliver that extra something special for a brand that has a bigger purpose in life - connecting people and helping them find love.

Cons

So far, so good - no cons yet. Good career growth opps; good training packages and great benefits (considerably more than in my last job e.g health, travel, gym, decent holiday allowance etc) all packaged alongside a great team.

One of the best companies I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

eHarmony has a great work/life balance. There are a lot of perks such as free lunch, snacks/drinks, etc, in house masseuse once a week, company bicycles to ride around besides health insurance, pet insurance, gym & transportation subsidies. Nice working environment. Good people.

Cons

Some departments get more preferential treatments. It leaves a bitter taste in your mouth.

Recognize your employees efforts, esp when they go above and beyond their job.

Excellent environment full of interesting and rewarding work.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Imagine working at a place where you are getting tons of emails from people whose lives has changed by the work you are doing.
    Very good learning environment, full of smart people.

Cons

Nothing that is worth mentioning.

Keep up the good work and make sure to reward hard working employees!
    Increase employee engagement in idea-generation processes.