eHarmony

Updated January 15, 2015
4.5

eHarmony Founder & CEO Neil Clark Warren
Neil Clark Warren

Pros
  • Outsiders have also told me my work/life balance is enviable (in 11 reviews)

• Lots of free food and snacks, most people are nice (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • By the time I quit, a lot of people were leaving due to poor management (in 4 reviews)

• Depending on the living cost in Santa Monica, I thought the salary is quite so so (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

1. Featured Review

Great times are back at eHarmony!

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The management and leadership are firing on all cylinders. After years of decline, the company is back with effective marketing, products and innovative matchmaking. The culture is intelligent and friendly with many company events and meaningful benefits. Nice to have a team that is making decisions effectively and not scared to take risks. The results speak for themselves.

Cons

The Santa Monica office location is very difficult to get to for many employees, we are looking forward to moving to Westwood to reduce everyone's commute. Keep providing more communication on the new verticals.

Keep paying well and providing solid benefits. Thanks for creating a culture of sharing. Nice to see all those successful couples around the office and a stable company.

Jan 7, 2015Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for this review. You summed up how we feel here, that we are back on track and the future is really bright after the debacle. The move to Westwood is going to be very exciting, and we will ... More

Technology, vision, and heart

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Make no mistake, this is a cutting edge company using very solid, Silicon Valley-esque technologies - linux, Java, node.js, Hadoop, MongoDB, flash storage, Oracle (of course), etc.

The new and returned leadership has turned the company around from where it...paused...a few years ago, such that market share, user base, excellence, and revenue has never been higher.

The working environment is fun and relaxed while also being challenging and focused on delivery, so they maintain that balance pretty well. Meetings are effective for the most part and held to a minimum. The pace is already fast and picking up steam. Decisions are data driven, which is always refreshing. Politics seem to be on the very low side, as most of those so inclined left the company in the last two years. There's a lot of genuine collaboration and helpfulness between teams.

Cons

Hard to pick any while the business is doing so well and the technology projects are so interesting. There are a few key open roles that still need to be filled, so until those positions are filled properly a few folks are either pulling double duty or some junior folks are taking on stretch assignments.

Continue to be passionate, continue to take care of the rank and file, continue to share information as you have been, let's all protect the wonderful culture and mission and responsibility we've got! Steady as she goes!

Good company to work for, upward mobility possible

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at eHarmony

Pros

Good salary, great benefits, smart people. eHarmony is a great place to learn about new tech in an encouraging environment while progressing the company forward

Cons

Very little internal training. Could offer more transparency in how promotions works.

Go public

Well Rounded Company

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The culture is unique and evolving. Everyone helps each other.
    The business keeps going up after major issues in the past.
    The mission is still special even after 14 years in business.
    The executive committee is the strongest I have ever seen.

Cons

The drive to Santa Monica is the worst.
    The restaurants around the office are non-existent.
    The hours could sometimes be long.
    Not many people actually live in Santa Monica.

You are doing a special job with a great brand!

Excellent work environment and culture

I have been working at eHarmony

Pros

The working environment here is amazing. Everyone's attitude is positive and cooperative. eHarmony is in the midst of a great upward trend with everyone onboard to turn the company around. People are fully aware that only a couple of years ago, things were less than ideal and now they're set to make the necessary changes. Compensation is also competitive, especially given the size of the company. The dating space has a lot of room for growth and expect eHarmony to stay on top and to innovate.

Cons

None. I can't really thinking of anything negative to say.

Keep things going the way they are now. We have great motivating leaders here.

Amazing Company To Work For

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Incredibly talented team
    Innovative
    Flexible schedule
    Great work environment

Cons

Location. It can be difficult to get to Santa Monica in traffic

Keep up the great work

Fantastic vision and leadership

Current Employee - Marketing in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Marketing in London, England (UK)

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work like balance, talent, international, data, marketing, brand, story

Cons

So far so good..nothing spectacular to report. Really great company.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Vice President Finance in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President Finance in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (less than a year)

Pros

* Solid Management team, execs are all aligned on overall objectives & strategy
    * Extremely talented employees at all levels that are dedicated to the company's mission and value proposition
    * Friendly and collaborative culture, one of the best I've seen in my career.
    * Company is on an upward momentum, strong core business, with exciting opportunities for new verticals
    * Perks: Free lunch Wednesday, free vending machines, great office location, discounted gym membership

Cons

* Yet to find one

Continue to do what you are doing, and keep on executing. The future is bright and limitless for this company.

Welcoming, forward thinking, and focus on fostering happy, motivated employees.

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Dedicated co-workers, healthy and collaborative atmosphere, great benefits, free food and fun company outings. Was immediately struck by the effective communication between team members as well as the positive atmosphere. It is great working someplace where people are optimistic about the company and product.

Cons

While communication within specific teams is fast and effective, communication between teams needs improving.

Jan 7, 2015Chief Operating Officer

I am so glad you feel we have a collaborative and positive workplace. I completely agree that communication has improved tenfold in the last several years, and I am eager to hear any ideas you may ... More

Really good place to learn!

Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (less than a year)

Pros

eHarmony has many talented and nice employees, and provide many wonderful opportunities for employees to make progress!

Cons

Depending on the living cost in Santa Monica, I thought the salary is quite so so.

Jan 7, 2015Chief Operating Officer

Hi there and thank you for your valued perspective. I agree that more than ever, there are great opportunities for us all at eHarmony. We work very closely with our HR team to make sure that everyone ... More