eHealth Ontario

Be The First To
Add Photos

eHealth Ontario President & CEO Greg Reed

Greg Reed

Overall, for a government agency it's not that bad.

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsBenefits, work schedule and that's about it

ConsYou may find a toxic work cell...

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave, let other people do a better job.

Satisfactory

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsOnly good if you're out of school. Training is encouraged but is subject to manager's discretion. Location is decent for anyone in the downtown Toronto core.

ConsWage freeze until 2019 thus far. No freebies of any kind. Poor upper management and constant turn over with new visions each and every year. 10/90 rule (10% of the people do 90% of the work and vice versa). Management fires existing long-time employees to open up spots for their friends. Discrepancies amongst departments varies widely due to the "at manager's discretion" open-ended clause on any HR policy. Good team culture is basically non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare one vision instead of a constant tug-of-war with what needs to be done regardless of turn-over.

If you are looking for a creative work place .. look somewhere else

Pros- Good pay
    - Relax workplace
    - Convenience location
    - Paid training

Cons- Organization has no vision .. still developing since started 11 year ago!
    - Too many management people for this size of organization .... Team Leads, Supervisors, Managers, Sr. Mangers, Directors, Sr. Directors, VP, Sr. VP, CxO, etc .. etc ..... 3/4th of the employees are in management!
    - A lot of duplicate work, huge waste of resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have to think seriously about re-structuring the organization .. too many management people .... no need for most of them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good organization overall - but..

Coordinator (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsThe people tend to work hard and believe in the mission of the agency.

ConsSometimes change can be slow to enact - this is typical in government.

Interesting & Disappointing

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsThis company offers a good Salary & Benefits

ConsDirector of Finance is very moody and feel like walking on egg shell most days

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat staff the same way you would like to be treated with Respect

Clueless management

Proscentral location close to subway

Conslow salary and no increases

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your requirements aligned with reality and stop expecting senior level experience for entry level salaries.

Horrible place to work - Senior Management is clueless - complete waste of taxpayers money

ProsThat the government will eventually come to its senses and close this place down and stop wasting a ton of taxpayers money.

ConsLack of leadership. Very low employee morale. Anyone who is talented will leave this dysfunctional place. Favouritism and cronyism runs rampant. Avoid this place if you are serious about your career.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop wasting taxpayer money!

Avoid working here at all costs

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood salary
    great benefits
    training paid for, flexible hours, some people are more than competent
    downtown toronto location, central on the subway line

Consunqualified leadership
    cronyism; old boys network
    nest of vipers
    people use any excuse not to do work

Worst experience in my entire career!!

ProsAmple of training opportunities ..funds for them are sufficient
    Great location and work life balance
    Good team building efforts

ConsExcessive favouritism
    No work ethics
    Rude and bullying managers and some employees too
    No knowledge sharing and old grumpy technology being followed since ages
    A lot of blame games between teams
    No strategic goal of the company as a whole
    Most of the time people are waiting to hand over their tasks to someone else anyhow.
    The managers are hired on personal relations and are simply incompetent. Everyone is simply interested in bitching about others and the old employees like ganging up against the new bright employees. Olis project is a garbage..people are projecting false pride and showing unreliable number. If some one can hear me ..please conduct an audit. The senior business people are wasting time and doing simply nothing for the whole day and still get promoted.
    The work allocated to new employees are trivial and unsuitable for their position. Managers are blunt when it comes to process improvements. A restaurant worker is made a business manager..how and what basis..that's the question.

I would recommend ..if you have even a bit of talent, believe in yourself and never join this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo look at people's talent and hire better employees and kindly conduct some sessions for behavioural skills for all employees. Team building is good but individuals behaviour cannot be neglected. Please note business teams have good employees as they are the face of the company. Conduct efficient reviews rather then going by favouritism especially for older employees. save tax payers money by removing the inefficient workers.

There is a lack of direction at this agency.

Technical Specialist (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsThere are lots of training opportunities.

ConsUnable to take any training outside of the province.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to figure out what it is that you're supposed to be doing.

Worked for eHealth Ontario? Contribute to the Community!