eLoyalty Reviews

Ken Tuchman

Good Stepping Stone

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at eLoyalty full-time

Pros

eLoyalty is a fast paced company. You will get to touch many different customers with a wide range of technology. Pay is decent.

Cons

Constantly changing work environment. Most changes do not appear to be well thought out. eLoyalty has high turnover. They burn good employees out. Health benefits are poor.

Work Life balance is terrible unless you are a director

Senior Systems Engineer

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at eLoyalty full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing company to work for. Still has that small company feel, even though TeleTech purchased it. Great pay. Ability to work from home. Definitely a work/life balance focused company.

Cons

Benefits are a little lacking because TeleTech (parent company) is mostly Call Center employees, so the "higher level" jobs suffer in that department. The parent company tries to enforce "policies" that don't really fit with eLoyalty's goals or "vibe"

I hope eLoyalty is able to separate from TT eventually. If not that, then they really need to go a different route with benefits.

Unethical Management and Culture

I worked at eLoyalty full-time

Pros

They offer a Good salary
    They've got Large business clients

Cons

Lies to clients
    Lies to workers
    Workers aren't supportive of each other
    Management scapegoats workers

No advise- you know you are terrible. If you were half way decent, you'd probably have left this dog and be at a decent company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

eDis-Loyatly

I worked at eLoyalty full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Support engineers work very hard and are very knowledgeable about product portfolio.

Cons

All talk and no true action on work/life balance; No appreciation for employees that are not within the management "clique". CYA has to be in play at all times. Ethics is foreign concept to most of sr. management in general.

Morals, ethics, and values are characteristics that are still appreciated in corporate America.

Was good then it turned bad, who your boss is determines your level of opportunity

Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at eLoyalty full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked there for almost 3 years starting out with no technical skills, my first year was spent dedicated doing mundane work for a specific account. They did a re org and collapsed my group into the general L1 support group, I was given a new manager and new director. The weird thing was unlike my previous director this guy would attend the team meetings and had an open door policy. When I spoke with him he actually seemed to genuinely care about my career development. He was very technical and built labs for his engineers to use but made them available for the L1 resources who wanted to learn to use. I got assigned to a specific account and got to work with an L2 engineer which allowed me to learn and develop which helped tremendously further my career. After about a year they did another re org and my manager got reassigned to focus on the company effort to grow resources overseas. I got assigned a new manager and new executive director. My new manager was inexperienced and the executive director wanted to take the team a less technical direction. He was not a hands on guy and I don't think he understood the technology we worked on. I was forced to answer phones again and which reduced my time spent learning with the L2 engineer.

Cons

The manager and director you report to ultimately determines the opportunity you will have from a learning perspective. In my roughly 3 years there I had 3 managers and 3 different directors, it wasn't until I was aligned with the engineering team director that I got an opportunity to learn something worthwhile. That should never be the case in any organization but it seems like the resources I worked with understood this to be the case as well. Also the raises every year were minimal and did not keep up with the market value for what people learn. That was evident by the constant loss of tenured resources. They also are trying to replace full time resources with contractors who they will find out will learn and then jump ship for more money.

Change is good if it improves things but when it doesn't good people will leave. Hiring contractors instead of full time resources kills moral and only encourages good people to look for another job. If you aren't going to compensate people as the develop then at least you should allow them to continue to grow technically. I know I and several of my peers who left would have stayed if we could have continued working more with the L2 engineers developing more technically because we wouldn't have started looking. Ultimately they need to reward people who develop and move up in skills.

Time to decide what you want to be when you grow up

Former Employee - Senior Principal  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Principal in Chicago, IL

I worked at eLoyalty full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Middle-management is a group of great professionals. There is a strong focus on execution and it shows in the day to day work

Cons

Head of the firm tends to treat it like his own playground and like to berate others. He was not approachable nor a role modle for others to follow

Have a vision and make it part of your culture. And spend some effort in continued staff development - people need renewal or they'll either wear out or rust out.

Overall great People to work with. Very bright, also enjoyed the clients they supported.

Former Employee - Support Desk/Help Desk Associate  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Support Desk/Help Desk Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at eLoyalty full-time for less than a year

Pros

All direct management is there meaning you can walk over and talk to the VP of your department if you want. All open door policies. When you get past the service desk level (L1) you start to see very smart and some highly educated people, (there were only a few bright ones at the L1 level.) They are all eager to let you learn as much as you can from them. The L1 managers will even let you set up shadowing time for you to take and log out of the queues to help you further you knowledge of the software and equipment you support. They do believe in letting people work from home (only L2 and up, and all management has the ability to work from home.) The location is great as well. They also will pay for your certification Test and have purchase all the necessary documents and brain dumbs for you to get your CCNA or CCNP.

Cons

The company is owned by Teletech so you obey their rules. There are many processes to learn and the newest VP relies heavily on metrics. I understand how beneficial those can be, but to non-management, it is nothing but a pain in the rear to deal with.
    The absolute worst thing that has come of metrics is the fact that you have to do a time sheet, You're time at the end of the day should equal the total hours you worked and you should have 40 hours on your time card at the end of the week (this is for hourly and salary as well). Also, your time card has to equal the same hours as your ticketing hours......yes, that's right, you also have to keep track of you time inside their ticketing system called Seibel. So if you touch 10 different accounts in one day and put 30 different updates in tickets ( ex. inbound call, notes, resolution, etc) then you now have to add up each individual time entry you put in, you might have 10 time entries for one account and you will have to do that for 10 different accounts. It is a very time consuming process. Take for example....you work Saturday when there is hardly anything to do.....at the end of the day you only have 3 hours logged in Seibel, you now have to go into another engineer's tickets and place notes in there saying something like " reviewed sr .25" until you reach 8 hours. The problem is most of those tickets already have other engineers that have done the same thing so you are scrambling to find tickets to put your time in at the end of the day. It's extremely stressful and demoralizing.

On the GSD side, (non-dedicated accounts) it seems like they hire whom ever for the L1 roles. There were a lot of lazy L1's that looked like they couldn't do simple division if asked. Some are very bright and go getters, but some are just down right worthless. They hire early 20 year olds with college degrees, some without college degrees, all the way to 60 years old for L1's. This makes it very hard to keep anyone, because you have the youngsters wanting to move up and make more money (which they will not pay) and then you have the older guys that have tons of experience and were just trying to find anything to make a pay check (mostly because they were let go from their former employers) until they get a better position from another company and leave.
    Another annoying thing was that they don’t issue you the same laptop as everyone else. You might get a Lenovo, Dell, or HP……..many people share desk, because there is not enough room for all of us to have our own desk (24 hr NOC) so you have to make sure that you sit somewhere that has your docking station, if not, you have a cluttered desk that is a nightmare to work on. This just shows how much they don’t care about their lower level employee’s. Another way to prove this is all upper management has the top of the line laptops, some even have MAC pro’s, and IPADs!

Management and L2's on the Global service desk side only, abuse working from home. It is extremely inconvenient for engineers like L1's that can't work from home and need assistance from L2's or management. This means you can't get that "in person" assistance that you need when a huge incident occurs. From a 8 to 5 schedule, people would show up at 10:30am and leave at 2 pm saying they would be "working from home" the rest of the afternoon. It's basically a way to leave work early, and it only shows their laziness in my mind. Another excuse they would say is, “I'll be working from home this morning and will be in this afternoon," which is basically them saying "I'll be sleeping in this morning." I watch many of these people's Instant Message statuses when they do this and it almost always goes to "idle" or "away," meaning they aren't by their computer, yet they said they are working.....from home!

My advice.......If you are interviewing for a roll in the management side of the house ( ops manager, service delivery manager, or analyst) or becoming anything other than the Global service desk (GSD) (L2,L3, change management team) you will have it made. All those cons I just listed turn into pros for you. As for all those interviewing for L1 position's: You can see from my cons how many pros you don't get to have access to, that’s why I recommend it for people that are just trying to find a full time position at the bottom level (which is very hard in the tech industry these days) that pays moderately well for beginners that want to learn from bright engineers, then get out and make more somewhere else.

Great place to learn UCCE on your own

Current Employee - IP Telephony Engineer, ELoyalty L1  in  Mandaluyong City (Philippines)
    Current Employee - IP Telephony Engineer, ELoyalty L1 in Mandaluyong City (Philippines)

I have been working at eLoyalty full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensation is good if you have bargained a good starting salary, company gives above industry standard, (based on philippines standard rates).

You get to interact with all the Cisco UCCE technology even if you're just the first level support, which is great for learning if you're the adventurous type.

Middle Management is great, they really look out for their people.

Cons

Its a great place to learn on your own, but company provides no formal training at all, they just let you out in the world with little to no knowledge of the technology supported. They are hiring mostly people with data networking background with little to no knowledge of telephony and call center technology.

No salary bracket, so If you don't know what is the industry standard rate at the time of compensation bargaining and have short changed your self, you will become stuck at that rate. Even come appraisal time, they will not align your salary with your peers. This is very disheartening since by that time, you would already have an idea of your peers rate which is up to 120% more, for the same job you are doing, and this is beside good performance, and flowery reviews that you are getting from your superiors. This is because company have a policy that you can never get more than x% increase. The only option would be to resign and come back after 6 months and get the proper compensation offer.

Invest in a training program, with constant up trainings.

salary alignment for those below the standard pay.

Worked for eLoyalty? Contribute to the Community!