ePlus

ePlus Chairman, President, and CEO Phil Norton

Phil Norton

too many politics

Sales (Former Employee) Houston, TX

Proslarge company and many resources

Constoo large and not enough accountability - regions fight for resources

Dissatisfied

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Herndon, VA

ProsLots of opportunity to build your resume with different tasks (You won't get paid for those tasks though)

ConsLots of managers, directors, and VPs. Very few true leaders. Upper management tends to promote yes-men and yes-women with little regard for actual performance. Little growth for those that aren't willing to let politics dictate the integrity of his/her work.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold management accountable for their department. Also, conduct annual reviews before issuing raises. You'd be shocked to know what their subordinates really think of their "leader"

Great if you're an account manager, but not if you're an engineer

Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsThey have managed to keep some great people and have very talented engineers across the country. They have a good base of large, well-known customers and a very diverse portfolio to sell from.

ConsThere is little opportunity for advancement and not much in the way of employee development. Engineers have to keep a timesheet and are constantly nagged to make sure they submit them on time even though it appears little is used from them. No matter how hard an engineer works, the glory goes to the account manager and little to the engineer.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your comp plan for bonuses to engineers. They sell much more than you give them credit for and develop more business than you realize. Not all sales come from account managers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Support Representative

Senior Support Representative (Former Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsHigh Tech company with broad networking and IT talent.

Conscould be more employee friendly.

Advice to Senior Managementtap into your talent pool for future business expansion, go beyond the executive team for ideas.

Incredible people to work for (and with)

Consultant (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThey are very into employee development. Have had three managers in three years, all excellent and not afraid to 'get their hands dirty.' Good work/life balance, support, and training opportunities. They care about their employees. Top notch sales force. The kind of company that's makes you want to step up when the situation calls.

ConsAdvancement can be difficult if not located around HQ and culture lacking but this may be true because of working at a remote location.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your long-term employees, especially those working remote so they are involved in national meetings, etc. to feel more a part of the team.

Sales

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGreat company with a very stable environment. Management team has been together for a very long time and that enhances stability. It is a growth environment with great forward vision. Very good opportunities exist for hard workers.

ConsCompetitive industry and it is sometimes difficult for new business development. Management is very supportive and training is excellent but it is hard to development new accounts.

Good place to work but needs some 'tweaking' to become a great place to work.

Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsGreat culture and attitude is not welcomed. Willingness to train new employees and a great place to learn many different technologies.

ConsNeed to get away from the regional business plan. Not a good place for job growth, as far as management, and it stability can often be an issue (you can win employee of the month in your department but if things get slow the following month they are all over you, even if you are not an AE). Helping improve company internal processes is not rewareded, you are only judged on the sales you are associated with. Team environment does not exist, everyone is in it for themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet away from the regional 'silo' and start working like a big company. Stop micro-managing engineers on a timesheet basis and pay us as a group instead of a region (will facilitate team building). Encourage and implement paths for management opportunities. Take our ideas seriously instead of only depending on upper management for change/input.

Great company and excellent management

Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGreat place to learn, good leadership and company will pay for most training.

ConsHourly timesheets for W-2 employees. If not tied to projects you constantly feel your job is in jeopordy even when working on internal projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay the support team on how the company is doing on a whole.

Good Job, but no career

ProsGreat work life balance
    Love the team, and the people

ConsNo room to grow
    Benefits are subpar

Advice to Senior ManagementI would love to stay with the company long term, if I had more opportunities to grow and lead.

No backing from Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

Prosbenefits are ok, some of the people are nice.

ConsManagement will not have your back even when the processes are flawed. No training on procedures and if you do something wrong because you were not trained they belittle you through email and chat. I would not recommend working for this company

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people with respect as everyone makes mistakes.

Worked for ePlus? Contribute to the Community!