ePlus Reviews

Phil Norton

1. Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I have been working at ePlus full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

ePlus is an entrepreneurial company, if you are looking to advance your career ePlus offers that with training, experience and upward mobility. It is however, not handed out to you, ePlus is the type of company to support you in your endeavors but not spoon feed them to you.

Cons

ePlus has grown fast and working out process. Executive staff has identified issues and is actively working to solve them.

Keep working on growing the company and providing opportunity for advancement. Keep an open mind to grow a farm team and employ a younger sales and engineering staff.

2. ePlus Technology is broken. At least their security practice is.

Former Employee - Regional Security Architect in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Regional Security Architect in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ePlus full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good geo/location presence. Partners want to work with ePlus. They see dollar signs.

Cons

Management is clueless when it comes to security and how to build a security practice. Lack of resources creates an environment that pits offices and AEs against each other.

Bring security leaders and company builders into Herndon office.

3. Ever changing, challenging environment and great people to work with

I have been working at ePlus

Pros

Flexible, open door policy and work hard, play hard environment. I would and have recommend ePlus to friends, acquaintances and interested prospects. We are a growing, prosperous company with a wide range of product and services to offer to our customers. Our engineering staff is one of the top in the country and come highly recommended.

Cons

Everyone working at ePlus has multiple roles! Very fast paced and not enough time spent on planning.

Plan, communicate to employees and listen.

5. Not bad.....

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at ePlus full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility of work hours. Financially solid company. Nice employees.

Cons

Sub par benefits. I'ts all about who you know. Old school thinking and practices.

Invest more in employees. Need better benefits, more training programs. ePlus can be a wonderful company to work for. They do not have far to go to get there, but there are definitley some stumbling blocks to overcome.

6. information technology

Former Employee - Information Technology Specialist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Information Technology Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at ePlus

Pros

gave me a job when i really needed one

Cons

contract
    low pay
    no job security
    constantly lies

stop giving contracts and give long term jobs

Full-time employee for one year

I have been working at ePlus full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Stability, good benefits, decent 401k program, flexible work hours. In my position I have MBOs I can work towards in order to earn quarterly bonuses.

Cons

Not the most up to date on technology and software and there aren't many opportunities for growth within the company.

Consider implementing more current technologies and software - also, try working on the company culture. We're a 1,000+ person company but we don't have holiday parties or networking opportunities.

8. Fantastic time

Former Intern - Professional Services in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Professional Services in New York, NY

I worked at ePlus as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Lots of brilliant minds working at ePlus. A lot of employees there have been working there for a long time so that promotes the idea of stability and consistency.

Cons

It is a competitive industry and because some projects take a lot of time from conception to deployment, there is some downtime, but enough to continue training and provide the highest quality service to clients.

9. Sales Executive

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at ePlus full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is a great company with great quaility people. The sky is the limit. They have some sort of relationship with all vendors. They reconize and respect there sales force and allows them to idepentantly do there business as long as results are achieved. Great benefits and company perks ie... car allawance, phone etc...

Cons

Remote locations are some times difficult to service from a techincal aspect. Compensation is fair and unlimited... $90K base plus commission based on net profit.

The management team I was assciated with were first class people.

Not a good place for engineers, take #2.

I have been working at ePlus full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is a solid company with a great portfolio of clients of all kind. Given variety of clients and projects you get to learn and work with a lot of cutting edge technologies. There are quite a few sharp engineers who are very dedicated and willing to help you if you face a challenge. You won't be micromanaged.

Cons

This is a sales company regardless what career opportunities they are trying to "sell" you on interview. Any professional development and training is judged upon whether it will make more sales at the end. Thus, they will rather willing to have you to do a miracle and develop yourself in 10 best-selling-this-year technologies/products than interested in having deep expertise in specific area. Everything is done on cheap. Salary is average, benefits are subpar, 401K match is a complete joke. Your hours are flexible, meaning you will be expected to work late hours and weekends to make the sale happen. Pre/post sales engineers are overbooked, frequently on the road and being teared apart by sales managers due to overlapping time frames and projects. Post-sales and managed services engineers are on the bottom of the food chain. Absolutely no career development plans. Training is mostly non-existent and limited to whatever self-paced material is available from vendors. Well known fact is that salary raises and promotions are only happening when someone is announcing about going to resign. Too much leadership and director titles but no real leadership.

Wake up, economy is not that bad anymore: review your compensation levels and benefits. Respect your talent and stop referring your engineers as "bodies to make more sales" on national sales meetings. Plan on train and develop deep expertise rather than having "jacks of all kinds" with mediocre knowledge of dozen things. Promote within rather than hiring from outside (vendors).

11. Great environment and flexible schedules which allows individual freedom to achieve the goal

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at ePlus full-time

Pros

Adopted many up-to-date technologies and software engineers get to explore new tools and develop new skills to keep up with the IT world.

Cons

Mid-management team focus a lot on SDLC while there is not enough budget to follow and execute through. No company-wide software design standards and patterns.

Trust your capable senior engineers more and hire junior engineers to be trained and grown into company culture instead of hiring all senior but unproven engineers. Need better tools to help streamline the development process instead of some glued-together solutions.