eRevMax

Be The First To
Add Photos

eRevMax CEO Michael McCartan

Michael McCartan

Great company to work for!

I have been working at eRevMax full-time

ProsGood work-life balance
Wealth of knowledge pertaining to online distribution
Respect for people
Very transparent policies

ConsTough decisions related to people are delayed

Communication across the organization can improve

Company should learn about managing and mining its knowledge base

Sites like Glassdoor should be better managed - comments by aggrieved under-performing employees and incorrect and their unrestricted presence on the site undermines the value of the organization including its HR philosophy and employer brand value which is quite unique

Good Place to work....but surely not for long term

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at eRevMax

Pros1. Stake holders always agree to the delivery date as proposed by the team with little or no pressure to shorten the span.
2. The developers are open to implement new technologies.
3. The software life cycle management process is very good.
4. Close interaction between developers, testers team leads and managers make work easy, enjoyable and deliverable with zero defects in higher environments like INT and PRD.
5. Very good, talented and helpful team members
6. On certain festivals various events are held that really refreshes the mind.
7. Salary is good

Cons1. No growth opportunity if anyone plans for a long term career over here, means there are many employees who have 12 years of experience of software development, still they are given designation of SSE, not even Manager
2. The company prefers hiring Managers/VP's from outside rather than promoting it's old employees.
3. The Customer Support team and the Core development team sits side by side, its very difficult to work in such a place. No ambience for the developers and the technical team.
4. Never expect any help from the HR department, its the MD who takes all decision, even HR related.
5. The release letter can be obtained only after the MD has signed it....but if he's on leave u will not get it that day.(What is the task of VP HR then???)
6. No process and official email if any employee is being moved from one department to other.
7. New technology use is NOT being preferred by the Architect team. It's the developers who does the implementation of new technologies. But as there is no adequate time for R&D so sometimes developers also prefers old school.
8. Finger pointing is preferred first than giving solution to a compensation issue.
9. Management prefers hiring new Employees with double salary rather than retaining and giving reasonable hike to Old Employees.
10. No piece of Appreciation from any Management body after a goal has been achieved.
11. Be aware of the CTO and MD(same person).....he is also been given the task to move around the office and look into the Employees monitor to check what he is doing.

Advice to Senior Management1. Please consider hiring an SOFTWARE ARCHITECT for the position of Chief Architect.
2. Please consider giving promotions to old Employees.
3. The HR department should consider taking more responsibilities towards Employee Relation.

Good but lot of scope for improvement on all fronts.

Senior Software Engineer/Lead Engineer (Former Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I worked at eRevMax full-time for more than a year

ProsGood people to work with
Good technology to work with
Good work life balance
Hospitality domain knowledge
Employee friendly salary structure

ConsLack of clearly defined policies. A manager can be good or bad according to his own personality company doesn't dictate its own policy.
Doesn't invest much on competency development
Is short sighted. Doesn't seem to have well laid out future plans
HR processes need consolidation and clarity

Advice to Senior ManagementStart taking risk if you want to retain what you have. Explore new areas.

Performance oriented

I have been working at eRevMax full-time for more than 3 years

Pros- If you are not scared of challenging your limits and growing as a professional, this is the place for you
- Lots of room for innovation, open work culture
- Respect for people with the right attitude, very supportive
- Leaders take tough decisions

Cons- Should work to build the employer brand externally and internally

Nice multi cultural environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

I worked at eRevMax full-time

ProsOpen minded, hard working, creative

ConsLittle space to grow professionally
If you don't like their offer, don't be afraid to ask for more!

Advice to Senior ManagementTemperament and language should be under control.

eRevmax

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at eRevMax full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI have not found any pros in this company, what I feel that each and every employees are immensely dissatisfied by the wok culture, nature of work, environment, poor infrastructure and a extremely poor HR policy.I was amazed after learning the fact that the employees are continuously seeking out for job outside but they can't as this company hold zero brand value and due to the employees long stay in these company they found themselves outdated from all the professional and technical skills

Cons-Very small size company of 100 employees
-Humungous monitoring happens from all sides
-Extremely poor ambiance and below standard infrastructure
-Hire & fire policy
-No professional ethics and highly poor management
-Zero Software development process
-Company spans round some Managers who are there since long time and they will convey themselves as they are God of Big things
-CTO is the God father of India office and you have to run for every thing behind him
-Almost negligible hike every year in-spite of Hard work and dedication
-Once you spend years in the company you will find yourself good for nothing
-Same type of work everyday and you will find yourself ending up in poor technical skills
-No Soft skill development trainings

If any body thinks to join these company please join and take the risk while having your personal experiences measured, as this will be the best option for every one to justify my experiences as true nightmare.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice to the management because I have already done it couple of times and I d not think this will be a good idea to advice them again & again.

Fantastic leadership team, great place to work!

I have been working at eRevMax full-time for more than a year

ProsGood HR Practices - at least people listen :)
Empowering culture, transparent
Competitive compensation
Interesting work

ConsSmall company compared to many others. This could also be a big pro...

A small company suitable for practicing your skills before going for any big challenges

Software Engineer (Manager, Operations) (Former Employee)

I worked at eRevMax full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe company is small in size and organizational structure is more or less flat, so the hierarchy is not too pronounced- it is comparatively easy to yourself heard in case of any new idea or issue.

Salary is industry standard (in Kolkata, though much lower than any other metro in India, or UK and USA)

Being a monopoly in Service related to the Hospitality Industry, to understand this industry and learn work, this can be considered as a starting place.

ConsInefficient HR.
Being small, personal preferences/relations often influence professional decisions.
The processes are fixed and the business periphery is limited. Beyond a couple of years learning and growing gets stagnated for an achiever.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to reinvent themselves.

Fulfilling. Able leaders, passionate co-workers, and stress-free environment!

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at eRevMax

Pros1. Good work in a positive environment.
2. Salary commensurate to your role and experience. (believe you me!)
3. Recognizes good performances and reward them.
4. Growing steadily and NOT compromising on human values.
5. And last but not the least - amazing team!

Cons1. The call-centre like desks where the whole office sits in line. It lacks the comfort of cubicles.
2. Shared phone lines. Some times you really need your personal desk phones for conferences and stuff.

Advice to Senior ManagementSimplicity has taken us a long way. Let us stick to it. Let us not complicate our systems, our products, our processes and our policies.

Good place to be in, if you want to increase pay scale and not stick for more than one year.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at eRevMax

ProsPersonally I felt that its a good pay master
Regular parties
Events conducted round the year
Very transparent

ConsWorst canteen
Infrastructure is worse
HR is most inactive
Not at all process oriented
No brand value associated

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease try to be more professional in your work and processes.

Worked for eRevMax? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at eRevMax reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for eRevMax CEO Michael McCartan. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by eRevMax employees.