eRevMax

Be The First To
Add Photos

eRevMax CEO Michael McCartan

Michael McCartan

Great company to work for!

ProsGood work-life balance
    Wealth of knowledge pertaining to online distribution
    Respect for people
    Very transparent policies

ConsTough decisions related to people are delayed

Communication across the organization can improve

Company should learn about managing and mining its knowledge base

Sites like Glassdoor should be better managed - comments by aggrieved under-performing employees and incorrect and their unrestricted presence on the site undermines the value of the organization including its HR philosophy and employer brand value which is quite unique

Worst Company I have ever worked till yet....True Night mare for me........

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Calcutta (India)

ProsI have no words...what this company is....Simply hiring and firing...If people do not believe then please join and see the result by yourself...The Old employees are manager or having good hold that's all...This Company has not future...Guys please join the company if you wish so...because I know HR will offer a very good CTC to you and rest your experience...do not listen to me or by going through my review...just experience it by yourself..............

ConsGuys if you really want to experience what is a nightmare then please join this company...

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice....All are junk of egoist

Good Place to work....but surely not for long term

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros1. Stake holders always agree to the delivery date as proposed by the team with little or no pressure to shorten the span.
    2. The developers are open to implement new technologies.
    3. The software life cycle management process is very good.
    4. Close interaction between developers, testers team leads and managers make work easy, enjoyable and deliverable with zero defects in higher environments like INT and PRD.
    5. Very good, talented and helpful team members
    6. On certain festivals various events are held that really refreshes the mind.
    7. Salary is good

Cons1. No growth opportunity if anyone plans for a long term career over here, means there are many employees who have 12 years of experience of software development, still they are given designation of SSE, not even Manager
    2. The company prefers hiring Managers/VP's from outside rather than promoting it's old employees.
    3. The Customer Support team and the Core development team sits side by side, its very difficult to work in such a place. No ambience for the developers and the technical team.
    4. Never expect any help from the HR department, its the MD who takes all decision, even HR related.
    5. The release letter can be obtained only after the MD has signed it....but if he's on leave u will not get it that day.(What is the task of VP HR then???)
    6. No process and official email if any employee is being moved from one department to other.
    7. New technology use is NOT being preferred by the Architect team. It's the developers who does the implementation of new technologies. But as there is no adequate time for R&D so sometimes developers also prefers old school.
    8. Finger pointing is preferred first than giving solution to a compensation issue.
    9. Management prefers hiring new Employees with double salary rather than retaining and giving reasonable hike to Old Employees.
    10. No piece of Appreciation from any Management body after a goal has been achieved.
    11. Be aware of the CTO and MD(same person).....he is also been given the task to move around the office and look into the Employees monitor to check what he is doing.

Advice to Senior Management1. Please consider hiring an SOFTWARE ARCHITECT for the position of Chief Architect.
    2. Please consider giving promotions to old Employees.
    3. The HR department should consider taking more responsibilities towards Employee Relation.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Performance oriented

Pros- If you are not scared of challenging your limits and growing as a professional, this is the place for you
    - Lots of room for innovation, open work culture
    - Respect for people with the right attitude, very supportive
    - Leaders take tough decisions

Cons- Should work to build the employer brand externally and internally

Good but lot of scope for improvement on all fronts.

Senior Software Engineer/Lead Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood people to work with
    Good technology to work with
    Good work life balance
    Hospitality domain knowledge
    Employee friendly salary structure

ConsLack of clearly defined policies. A manager can be good or bad according to his own personality company doesn't dictate its own policy.
    Doesn't invest much on competency development
    Is short sighted. Doesn't seem to have well laid out future plans
    HR processes need consolidation and clarity

Advice to Senior ManagementStart taking risk if you want to retain what you have. Explore new areas.

Nice multi cultural environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsOpen minded, hard working, creative

ConsLittle space to grow professionally
    If you don't like their offer, don't be afraid to ask for more!

Advice to Senior ManagementTemperament and language should be under control.

eRevmax

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Calcutta (India)

ProsI have not found any pros in this company, what I feel that each and every employees are immensely dissatisfied by the wok culture, nature of work, environment, poor infrastructure and a extremely poor HR policy.I was amazed after learning the fact that the employees are continuously seeking out for job outside but they can't as this company hold zero brand value and due to the employees long stay in these company they found themselves outdated from all the professional and technical skills

Cons-Very small size company of 100 employees
    -Humungous monitoring happens from all sides
    -Extremely poor ambiance and below standard infrastructure
    -Hire & fire policy
    -No professional ethics and highly poor management
    -Zero Software development process
    -Company spans round some Managers who are there since long time and they will convey themselves as they are God of Big things
    -CTO is the God father of India office and you have to run for every thing behind him
    -Almost negligible hike every year in-spite of Hard work and dedication
    -Once you spend years in the company you will find yourself good for nothing
    -Same type of work everyday and you will find yourself ending up in poor technical skills
    -No Soft skill development trainings

If any body thinks to join these company please join and take the risk while having your personal experiences measured, as this will be the best option for every one to justify my experiences as true nightmare.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice to the management because I have already done it couple of times and I d not think this will be a good idea to advice them again & again.

Fantastic leadership team, great place to work!

ProsGood HR Practices - at least people listen :)
    Empowering culture, transparent
    Competitive compensation
    Interesting work

ConsSmall company compared to many others. This could also be a big pro...

A small company suitable for practicing your skills before going for any big challenges

Software Engineer (Manager, Operations) (Former Employee) Calcutta (India)

ProsThe company is small in size and organizational structure is more or less flat, so the hierarchy is not too pronounced- it is comparatively easy to yourself heard in case of any new idea or issue.

Salary is industry standard (in Kolkata, though much lower than any other metro in India, or UK and USA)

Being a monopoly in Service related to the Hospitality Industry, to understand this industry and learn work, this can be considered as a starting place.

ConsInefficient HR.
    Being small, personal preferences/relations often influence professional decisions.
    The processes are fixed and the business periphery is limited. Beyond a couple of years learning and growing gets stagnated for an achiever.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to reinvent themselves.

Fulfilling. Able leaders, passionate co-workers, and stress-free environment!

Project Manager (Current Employee) Calcutta (India)

Pros1. Good work in a positive environment.
    2. Salary commensurate to your role and experience. (believe you me!)
    3. Recognizes good performances and reward them.
    4. Growing steadily and NOT compromising on human values.
    5. And last but not the least - amazing team!

Cons1. The call-centre like desks where the whole office sits in line. It lacks the comfort of cubicles.
    2. Shared phone lines. Some times you really need your personal desk phones for conferences and stuff.

Advice to Senior ManagementSimplicity has taken us a long way. Let us stick to it. Let us not complicate our systems, our products, our processes and our policies.

Worked for eRevMax? Contribute to the Community!