eScription

www.escription.com

eScription Reviews

4.0

Paul Egerman

A solid company to work for.

Former Employee - Applications Support Engineer in Needham, MA
    Former Employee - Applications Support Engineer in Needham, MA

I worked at eScription full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice food/drink perks at the time I was there, very nice people overall, good benefits and compensation.

Cons

Somewhat weak management, so support teams were very different in how they were run/performance/expected performance.

Was better before Nuance

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Needham, MA
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Needham, MA

I worked at eScription

Pros

It was great, small, friendly. Everyone cared, was happy. Lots of events, reasonable tolerances to real life events. Good managers.

Cons

Nuance happened. Everything in my pros became the cons. Nuance takes a company and turns it into somewhere you dislike working.

This is a moot point as escription only exists as a product and not a company. I left before I really had to deal with nuance managers.

If you are a self motivated employee who wants to work at a successful company then apply here

Former Employee - Project Manager in Needham, MA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Needham, MA

I worked at eScription

Pros

The products are innovative and high quality. Sales team is very knowledgeable about product and if they don't know a certain fact they check with someone who does before making statements to clients. Great company culture of being honest and learning from mistakes. People share information and help each other out. Free soda, fruit and snacks. Great open office environment. Executives were very accessible. Employees were involved with setting up process and procedures. Benefits are good and so are opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Significant growth caused frequent changes. As company grows more bureaucracy is evident. Executives sometimes set goals that were a bit unrealistic. Senior management of technical/line departments is exclusively male with only one woman heading project management team (other than head of HR and Marketing which are typically female)

Keep valuing employees and their input.