eVestment Reviews

Growing and loving it

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at eVestment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's such an exciting time to be here. The company has gone from about 40 people to over 250 people in under 5 years, and the global footprint that is growing is really cool to see. Fun things are popping up too, like running clubs and gardening clubs and employee-led "Intro to (insert-hobby-here) seminars - fun stuff. It's competitive in a really good way, like the team based fitness challenge going on now. The company is doing really well - good bonuses, high client retention, lots of new products being developed.

Cons

Lots of autonomy and self-accountability means some people who may not be as good at self-managing will end up not working out, so it's not for everyone. But the company is okay with that and so am I. I would rather know that my coworkers share my work ethic. Pace is fast, volume can be high. Again, not for everyone.

More individual access to global events / involvement with international offices would be cool.

eVestment Opportunities

Current Employee - Data Analyst  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at eVestment full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture with an upcoming financial software firm

Cons

the salary is not balanced to where you are located.

Senior leaders are accessible and transparent

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at eVestment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Passionate people are everywhere. You don't see those people who are just there for the paycheck. People actually care about doing a good job and the company actually cares about them.

The senior leadership are very involved with the business and with the people. They don't consider themselves superior or better than anyone else. They welcome input and ideas - in fact they kind of require innovative thinking (one of the core values). There is lots of excitement from being able to recommend an idea or a concept and then seeing that recommendation come true.

The company tries to be sure people have fun together, and employees are encouraged to make physical health a priority.

With the growth the company is experiencing, people have opportunities to show their capacity for being a leader. Employees who can master their job and go above and beyond, and who have leadership ability, can definitely find a career path here. The company doesn't lay it out for you, though. You have to take the initiative.

Cons

The fast growth is challenging for some people; learning a lot of new faces all at once can be overwhelming, and it also means a chunk of people are all in a learning curve. It's also really crowded right now because of space availability (this is being worked on though and it won't be a permanent problem).

Reinstate the executive mentorship program and allow people to apply to be mentored by a specific executive.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, great benefits

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Marietta, GA

I have been working at eVestment full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Great compensation packages: Competitive salary, biannual bonuses, opportunities for profit sharing and stock options, company lunch every Wednesday, and generous referral bonuses.

* Unlimited PTO & work from home.

* Education stipend and encouragement/opportunities to use it.

* Very health-conscious company. We have had lunch & learns with speakers who were dietitians, personal trainers, etc. Biannual company-wide fitness challenges with awesome prizes. Company-sponsored gym membership.

Cons

* As a dev, learning ExtJS isn't even remotely as valuable in terms of career advancement as learning almost any other JS framework, so some of us do a lot of independent study/work to stay current with frameworks that are actually in demand.

* The subject matter can be rather dry.

* Sizable technical debt in the form of classic ASP pages and VB .NET code.

* Relatively flat organization. This could be a pro as well, but I'm listing it as a con since most people are concerned with advancing their career with the goal of having underlings. There is practically no chance of being promoted to a role with direct reports (at least on the technology team).

Dear CTO: Value your employees' opinions a little more. Most of us objected like crazy when you forced ExtJS down our throats, and now you're having trouble hiring qualified developers. We saw this coming... Listen to us.

Very exciting time to be here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at eVestment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is growing very quickly. There are a lot of exciting plans for the company's future, and the push to be innovative seems to be driving the success. The executive founders are very accessible and interact with employees daily. Turnover is low and everyone is really looking forward to the next few years.

Cons

Some of the rapid growth does mean that there are new faces to learn. When the company was much smaller, it was easy to know everyone on a first name basis. Now we work at it.

Keep being available and transparent. Keep demanding the high levels of accountability.

Great Company Culture, Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Marietta, GA

I have been working at eVestment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Flexible work schedule
    -Casual dress
    -Great work to life balance

Cons

-Career advancement is not always clearly defined

Do your homework before taking a job

Former Employee - Technical Support  in  Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Reno, NV

I worked at eVestment full-time for more than a year

Pros

stocked kitchens, gym membership, casual attire, standard insurance

Cons

If you are the type of person who likes to be told what to do and how to do it, this is the place for you. I know some developers who fall into this camp and there is nothing wrong with that. If you think that you have good ideas and would like to contribute to the company at a higher level, you will be very frustrated. In eVestment the orders come from the top and the plan is set in motion before anyone can contribute to the discussion.

Upper management is a bottleneck founders are required for all decisions, lower management is not empowered to think. This leads to inactivity and bad results. Your business will not scale.

Strong company with some practice issues

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at eVestment full-time

Pros

eVestment is a nurturing environment in which the company takes good financial care of their employees. There are company activities, 401k matching and opportunities for self-development. The company is growing rapidly and cash flows seem stable. Many new products are in the works and show promise. Upper management has an interest in cornering their market and retaining clients.

I have no doubts the eVestment will continue to be a successful business despite some cons in their development processes.

Cons

The company may be expanding too rapidly, some employees seem entrenched in senior positions circumstantially because they happened to be around during periods of large growth.

Some of the development practices are hazardous and non-standard. Deployment and development policies open doors to errors and defects. eVestment believes they mitigate this by only hiring "senior" engineers, but a fair number of developers here are absolutely not "senior."

Timeframes and roadmaps for product development are often unrealistic and seem to be driven by sales-pitches.

Industry "best practices" aren't arbitrary rules, they are conclusions driven by community experience.
    Developing a product roadmap requires input from all levels of development to determine feasibility.

A one sided relationship

I worked at eVestment

Pros

Free Lunch on Wednesdays
    Unlimited PTO

Cons

No room to grow
    The founders make even the smallest decisions
    More focused on the money the the technology

Give employees more responsibility and accountability

No Transparency

Former Employee - Technical Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at eVestment full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good perks - stocked kitchens, gym membership, casual attire, standard insurance

Cons

Top management does not reveal or prepare employees for big moves. They actively try to misdirect employees to hide their intent and direction choices. Pretends to be a company invested in its employees.

Stay in the small company space, you won't be able to compete with the big boys.

Worked for eVestment? Contribute to the Community!