eVestment Reviews

Work hard, play hard.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Marietta, GA

I have been working at eVestment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing work-life balance. There are always opportunities to take part in stand-up sports. It's a very entrepreneurial environment. Compensation is generous.

Cons

It's relatively hands-off management, so you have the responsibility to ensure that you are doing what needs to be done.

Advice to Management

Keep up with good work with motivation and direction.

2. Client Service-Data Analyst

I have been working at eVestment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

eVestment cares about their employees. Flexible schedule

Cons

I don't have any Cons to list.

One-of-a-kind Workplace

I have been working at eVestment full-time

Pros

It's rare that you come across a work environment as incredible as eVestment. I've worked a few other places, but none come close to the combination of culture, work/life balance, learning/growth opportunities, and genuinely friendly people. The only job in Atlanta I'd rather have than this one is Point Guard for the Atlanta Hawks, but since Jeff Teague has that one covered, I'm more than happy to stick with eVestment for as long as they'll have me.

Cons

If you don't have a background in Economics or Finance, there can be a steep learning curve with our products and company's role in the marketplace. I wouldn't worry too much because we have many training videos and seminars to make life easier for newer employees. Also, for the time being, seating is a little cramped due to the company's rapid employee growth, but the SLT is working to find us a bigger office space.

Advice to Management

The company has well socialized goals, but I'd love to hear more about the founder's long term company vision. What do we want to be when we grow up? Do we see ourselves as a data company that serves the financial sector or a finance company that has amassed a lot of data? Are we comfortable being a mid-sized company or is the ultimate goal to be a massive enterprise?

Impressive Culture

I have been working at eVestment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Energetic and intelligent employees; fast-paced and highly social work environment with minimal bureaucracy or management layers

Cons

No significant cons at this point

Challenging, Fast-Paced, Fun

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

I have been working at eVestment

Pros

Work with amazingly smart people who enjoy working together to accomplish goals. Very fast-paced, agile environment. A ton of work gets done in a short amount of time.

Unlimited PTO -- want a vacation, have a doctors appt, unexpected illness -- you don't need to worry how January's day off it will affect your plans in December. Get your work done, and take off when needed.

Team outings (Braves games, Hawks games, top golf, brewery), celebrations (cookouts when a big project's completed), a beer on Friday afternoons, pickup soccer games, 3-on-3 basketball tournaments.

Cons

The rapid personnel growth (through both hiring efforts and acquisitions) can be challenging -- it becomes more difficult to know (and remember) everyone's name and roles within the company. With that said, eVestment makes team building a priority -- and it's much better than any other company I've worked for.

7. Great company to work for!

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Marietta, GA

I worked at eVestment

Pros

Great company with great culture. Innovation is constantly encouraged. Senior management is always open to ideas/suggestions to improve the business.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons for this company.

Advice to Management

My only advise is to try to have a more diverse workforce.

Wouldn't Recommend

I worked at eVestment full-time

Pros

Free lunch every wednesday, beer fridays, decent salary unlimited PTO (so they say). They try to lure you in with these perks but once you're in the company you see that the culture is very small minded.

Cons

good ol boys club. This company's hiring practices are backwards. They seem to only hire people of color to meet their quota and not look racist. They take care of their own and if you're new or an outsider they will only look out for the people that have been there, despite the fact that they are wrong. They don't train you well in order for you to be successful in your position. Unrealistic expectations. Ive heard racist comments while working there.

eVestment Response

May 21, 2015

We are proud of our excellence standards; we hire smart associates who are excellent at what they do, regardless of other factors. We are proud of our diversity; nationalities, ethnicities, and ... More

9. Senior Sales

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at eVestment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

eVestment was a good company to work for. They had good products and effective management. I think they have a solid work culture and I would recommend working their as a young sales person. My company was acquired by eVestment and they made the transition fairly painless. I left due to new opportunities, not dissatisfaction with eVestment.

Cons

I did not see the ability to grow into a more experienced sales person. I think they have good products, but the complexity of the sales process left something to be desired. I did not have the opportunity to sell at an "enterprise" level. That would be my only con for career development.

Advice to Management

At the time of my departure, I did not feel very supported in terms of career development. If you identify talent in your workforce, I would nurture that a little more to keep them interested in staying.

No. 1 Mid Sized Workplace in Atlanta

I have been working at eVestment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

eVestment was just named the No. 1 mid sized workplace in metro Atlanta in the annual Atlanta Journal-Constitution survey. It's a well-deserved recognition: I've worked for some of the best companies in the area and some of the worst, and eVestment definitely is the tops. The founders and other leaders of the company really care about creating a work environment that is personally and professionally fulfilling and working at the intersection of financial and technology is really an exciting segment to be part of.

Cons

The office space is getting a bit tight, but management is working on solutions, so I know this challenge will be addressed soon!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. It's paying off!

Growth Brings Opportunities

Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at eVestment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

eVestment is experiencing rapid growth and has had amazing success carving out a big slice of the institutional data market. The commitment to culture pays big dividends in office morale, but also creates opportunities for employees who are able to hone ideas and execute. Case in point: a grass roots contest where employees used our software as if they were clients had over 60 participants. Now our clients are taking ideas generated from this contest and improving their own businesses.

Doing work that is not in your job description is in every job description at eVestment. Whether it's cleaning up your (free) catered lunch on Wednesday or helping pick up (free) beer on Friday afternoon, you will get your hands dirty every now and then. I love this aspect of working here, because entitled people are the worst and they simply don't exist at this company.

Ignore reviews commenting on bias at eVestment. These were all written by employees who were laid off during an acquisition or didn't get hired. Are there white/conservative/Christians who work here? Sure, the HQ is in Georgia. But there is also a mix of different races/religions/nationalities/orientations and guess what...never an issue. Glassdoor is the only place I've ever seen this stuff even mentioned.

Cons

Suburban Atlanta office location not popular with younger employees.

Fast growth creates discomfort sometimes...a lot of new colleagues to meet, less personal workspace, high expectations for performance.

Advice to Management

Make sure you are directly listening (face to face, not on big board) to every level of your organization. There are people who are not in the C-suite who have both great ideas and legitimate concerns. You can't rely on operating managers to filter up everything.

RSS Feed </> Embed